• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Orpington!

Hi Sarah

I just phone the secretary to find out where I am on the list now and she said that I'm also being sent private and my op will be after march (whoop whoop!). Do you know if it's still mr el hasani doing the op?

Thanks
Vicky x

Hi Sarah

I just phone the secretary to find out where I am on the list now and she said that I'm also being sent private and my op will be after march (whoop whoop!). Do you know if it's still mr el hasani doing the op?

Thanks
Vicky x

Hey Vicky I am too on Mr El-Hasani's was just wondered if you mind me asking how long you have waiting. I was put on his list in March last year, so I~ think I have quite a while yet!

Thank you

Kim x

Hi!
I was put on the waiting list for Mr .El Hassani in Jan last year so I've waited just over a year. I think Mr.El Hassani still does the op, even when he puts some NHS patients into the private hospital. So, I don't think you've got that long to wait now!! This pre-op diet is not as bad as I thought it would be, by the way!
Sarah x

Hi,

I was put on the list last Feb (2011) and after reading sarah's post I rang the secretary and she said she had just printed my letter. They have booked 60 people into private and now doing another 20, this is to reduce the nhs waiting time, she also said that it was for the simple cases ie bmi's under 45.
Fingers crossed that ur one of the lucky ones to have a very special letter coming to you Kizzy!!
Sarah I'm quite worried about the pre op, no food??? How will I cope lol, especially as I have children so I still have to cook etc. Also did you say ur doing 3 weeks pre op? I thought (or hoped) it was 2?!

Speak to you soon

Vicky x

Hi Vicky
When I went to see Mr.El' he gave me a sheet with what he wants you to eat (and not eat) for 2 weeks before surgery. When I spoke to the nurse (at Chelsfield) she said to start 3 weeks before as he had abandoned several cases that had not had enough shrinkage of their liver. I started the diet yesterday and really, it's not that bad! 3 pieces fruit a day, sugar free jelly, piece of chicken or fish in the evening with green veg. NO sugar at all!!! No bread, pasta, rice or potatoes at all!! It sounds worse than it is. To be honest, I've psyched myself up for this for so long that now I can see the end in sight, it doesn't bother me. I am happy to just cook 'normal' meals for my family and stick with this.
I hope this is a bit helpful!
Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Ohh to be refused at this stage would be Heath breaking and when u look at it like that 2 or 3 weeks is nothing. I think sometimes I think the pre op is to lose as much weight before surgery rather than to shrink ur liver! And to be honest ur pre op doesn't actually sound too bad!
Not long now!!

Vicky x

SarahAD said:
Hi Vicky
When I went to see Mr.El' he gave me a sheet with what he wants you to eat (and not eat) for 2 weeks before surgery. When I spoke to the nurse (at Chelsfield) she said to start 3 weeks before as he had abandoned several cases that had not had enough shrinkage of their liver. I started the diet yesterday and really, it's not that bad! 3 pieces fruit a day, sugar free jelly, piece of chicken or fish in the evening with green veg. NO sugar at all!!! No bread, pasta, rice or potatoes at all!! It sounds worse than it is. To be honest, I've psyched myself up for this for so long that now I can see the end in sight, it doesn't bother me. I am happy to just cook 'normal' meals for my family and stick with this.
I hope this is a bit helpful!
Sarah x

I started the preop diet yesterday too. Buy, mine is only protein shakes, sf Jello, sf popstocks and broth. No caffeine, no carbonation, and no sugar. And no solid food at all! It's going to be a long two weeks! Hopefully it will get better after a few days! Good luck to you both! We can all go through this together!

Newmelani said:
I started the preop diet yesterday too. Buy, mine is only protein shakes, sf Jello, sf popstocks and broth. No caffeine, no carbonation, and no sugar. And no solid food at all! It's going to be a long two weeks! Hopefully it will get better after a few days! Good luck to you both! Some We can all go through this together!

LOL.... Stupid Auto correct! Popsicles

Hi Sarah,

Ohh to be refused at this stage would be Heath breaking and when u look at it like that 2 or 3 weeks is nothing. I think sometimes I think the pre op is to lose as much weight before surgery rather than to shrink ur liver! And to be honest ur pre op doesn't actually sound too bad!
Not long now!!

Vicky x

I know someone who had the op recently by El-Hasani and was given short notice and only done the pre-op diet for 12 days and she was fine!

If I get that diet for my pre op I think I'll be fine as that doesn't sound to bad at all. I think the only thing I'd struggle with is the bread, god I love bread!
Vicky x

How are you all getting on? I have managed the 1st week ok I think! The only thing is, reading people's post-op diaries and talk of porridge and weetabix is making me feel hungry (I know how silly that is!!) . I MUST keep positive and it IS only 14 days to go!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah x

Hi Sarah, wow good luck. What hospital you going to? I thought the pre opp was for 2 weeks before but guess everywhere is different. I waiting to see the nurse to sort the diet. Hope all goes well xx

Sorry just read this again. I went to see Mr El in September 2010 saw the nurse November 2010 and was told it was a year. Then was told it would be longer. I'm booked for the 24th Feb 2012 and very happy. Wonder how comes you have waited less than me as I was told that you can not go above people even if your poorly. Did she tell you on the phone Sarah that you will go to the privet hospital?
Good luck. X

Hi Audrey
I don't think I went above you as I just didn't see the nurse earlier as it was cancelled due to the snow! Sounds like we have been on the list for the same length of time! Glad you're getting your op soon too!!!!
Sarah x

I hope it didn't come across like I was being off Sarah I wasn't I saw the nurse on the 3rd November 2010. Did they tell you when she called that it was going to be in a different hospital?
Do you know if you can have slimfast on the pre opp diet? Xx

Hi,

I was put on the list last Feb (2011) and after reading sarah's post I rang the secretary and she said she had just printed my letter. They have booked 60 people into private and now doing another 20, this is to reduce the nhs waiting time, she also said that it was for the simple cases ie bmi's under 45.
Fingers crossed that ur one of the lucky ones to have a very special letter coming to you Kizzy!!
Sarah I'm quite worried about the pre op, no food??? How will I cope lol, especially as I have children so I still have to cook etc. Also did you say ur doing 3 weeks pre op? I thought (or hoped) it was 2?!

Speak to you soon

Vicky x

hi hun been on my per on for 2 weeks got 2 more to go opp on 4th feb no food at all only 5 bottle of slimfast and i oxo or bovril a day the first 4 days are a killer but im used to it now i have a 2 year old and ive cooked everydya for her and not eatten anything but lso lost 15bl in 2 weeks so its great your be fine on the diet just take one day at a time hun x

Hi Audrey
I don't think I went above you as I just didn't see the nurse earlier as it was cancelled due to the snow! Sounds like we have been on the list for the same length of time! Glad you're getting your op soon too!!!!
Sarah x

my pre opp diet is 5 bottle of slimfast a day and 1 oxo or bovirl for the salt been on it 2 weeks still have nine days till my opp on 4th feb but i have lost 15lb on it the first 4-5 days are hard but after that its fine hun x
but diff hospital give diff diets so best cheack with ya hospx

hello from bromley

Hi. I'm booked in to farnborough with Mr El Hasani for the 23rd Feb.
Good luck, i'm looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Could you tell me what the pre-op assessment consisted of? Thanks

Hi
I haven't been to the pre-admission appointment yet as it's next week some time and the op is on 6th. I will let you know what happens there. I'm not on the pre op slim fast diet, I got a sheet with what you can and can't eat with the admission letter.

Soooo excited!! Xx

Back