• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help going for surgery in a few days

#1boss

hi guys
i have my op for a sleeve on monday (23/09/2013) at the whittington hospital in north london, my surgeon is dr sufi so would like to ask firstly has anyone else been to have there op at the whittington and even better have they had there surgery done by dr sufi if so whats it like there and whats he like as a surgeon, secondly i want to ask about things i should bring with me when i go into hospital, and also any other info you can give would be great too thanks

Hi there. I had my bypass at the whit but I had Mr alhamdani. My mum had Sufi abt 2yrs ago. He's very professional and I've only heard good things abt him.
I found the care at the whitt brilliant. All the staff were so good to me and kind and polite.
I packed toiletries, underwear, p.j.s, book or whatever u like to do to pass time. The extras I found handy were...dry mouth spray, nas juice(cos the water isn't very nice) Vaseline and earplugs or music with headphones. Oh don't forget slippers :)
Anything u want to know just ask.
Do u know abt the support meetings?

hi wannabeyummi

thanks for the quick reply and more importantly thanks for the info it has all been noted and i feel abit more at ease after reading what you have said about mr sufi and the staff at the whit i think the only thing i want to know is do they have wifi there for me to be able to get on the internet if i bring my laptop and what sort of juices will i be allowed to bring also i have been to the support group 1 time but i am not local as i live in northwest london (wembley ) and its a fair way to travel for me

Hi
I don't believe they do have WiFi but I never asked to be honest. The first day and a morn I could only sip tiny bits of water but the second eve I added a bit of no added sugar dilute juice. U feel quite full drinking ur meds to begin with lol. The support grps are so helpful... The Thurs b4 my op (which was Tues) I went to the grp because I was having 2nd thoughts but by the end I was fine and knew it was the right decision.
Good luck x

Back