• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! I want to comfort eat!

Grace

I don't know what's the matter with me. I'm feeling low...and I want to eat! I want to eat chocolate, crisps, sweets, cake....I want to go back to all my old destructive ways! What is wrong with me? I thought my head was sorted round this, but the last few days I am STRUGGLING BIG TIME!

I'm even considering risking dumping just to comfort eat!

Any advice and constructive help much appreciated.

thanks, Grace xxx

Lighter alternatives Grace... it's the dark nights, the weather, the warm tempting adverts.... get a grip Angel and look through the weightwatchers range of treats online... I've just had to do the same with my ASDA order... cheese bites and choc and vanilla mousse... all weight watchers...

Love and hugs xxx

Lighter alternatives Grace... it's the dark nights, the weather, the warm tempting adverts.... get a grip Angel and look through the weightwatchers range of treats online... I've just had to do the same with my order... cheese bites and choc and vanilla mousse... all weight watchers...

Love and hugs xxx

thanks Bev. I think you're right........combination of weather/time of year/feeling sorry for myself!
re: WW treats: they're still high sugar and its the sugar I'm afraid of, I dump so easily. Maybe I need to order some sf chocolate!

I only have a light taste of everything with being diabetic and weight watching... and will be following the rules over the festivities... getting too close for my surgery and I need to keep a restraint... get the sugar free range and build in a treat at the same time precious... let me know what you decide upon, I'll be following in your footsteps.... take care... xxx

Thanks sweety. Rose posted a link about sugar-free chocolate a while ago. I think I'll order some. She said it was very nice.

Thankfully, as i have great restriction I shan't eat anything in big quantities. I could only manage 2/3 of a fish cake the other night on our evening out.

I've got some hypnosis geared towards helping with emotional eating so let me know if you want and I can pm you the download link x

Thanks sweety. I'm about to try a square of chocolate!!!!!!!!!:eek:
I guess if I dump I'll know its a no-no!

Well, it all depends on how badly you dump.
I had a few slips and believe me, never again! Cured my cravings better then any doctor:D

So, maybe you should try too...

But seriosly, you don't need it girl! I know with a clod weather and dull days all you want is to snuggle on the sofa, watch telly and eat, eat it...
It is hard, and I think in winter it is hardest to loose weight.

Try doing something nice instead... For me it is my spa (swimming pool, sauna and me, me, me time without eating).

What else makes you feel happy? Think and stick with it. (NOT FOOD!)

Hang on in there, after all you have been through the last few months its not really surprising that you will still swing towards the comfortable 'old' ways, but really all they did was make you feel uncomfortable. How much more comfy are you in your slimmer new body, just hang onto that thought and remember we are here for you if you want us.
Theresa xxx

It's telly weather and keeping warm... comfort eating goes in the same category for me... I always gain weight when the clocks go back...

but I'm hoping that this will be all change from 2011....

Loving hugs to all and hang onto your willpower... we'll need it over the next few weeks...
xxx

Grace, virtually fat free fromage frais (plain one) with a bit of sweetener in (if you need it), one chocolate options (choc orange or mint esp delish). Mix the power n sweetener into the vff fromage frais. It's lovely and nice with fruit dunked in or just scoff the lot with a spoon :)

It's hard when you want to comfort eat or are p'eed off and need something. But don't worry you don't have the capacity to do any real damage.

Personally if i was you i wouldn't have a chunk of chocolate, if it don't make you dump you have nothing to put you off it for life... :)

Grace, virtually fat free fromage frais (plain one) with a bit of sweetener in (if you need it), one chocolate options (choc orange or mint esp delish). Mix the power n sweetener into the vff fromage frais. It's lovely and nice with fruit dunked in or just scoff the lot with a spoon :)

It's hard when you want to comfort eat or are p'eed off and need something. But don't worry you don't have the capacity to do any real damage.

Personally if i was you i wouldn't have a chunk of chocolate, if it don't make you dump you have nothing to put you off it for life... :)

Well I did it! Sorry all. :break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

I had 2 small chunks of Cadbury's dairy milk. No dumping....but I KNOW another chunk would make me dump. It was gorgeous. I'm NOT a chocoholic, never have been....so I'm not worried.

Thanks for all the great advice. I WILL take it. Sorry if I'v le you all down. :eek::eek::( xxx

You havnt let any one down hun, like you said you have never been a chocoholic so its just a little bit of what you fancy :D Thats how most slim "normal" people live! Maybe now youve had that you wont crave anything else :D Im so happy you didnt dump!! XX

Hell whats two chunks?If you were a choc lover it could easily be two bars.Hope you licked it!

licked it, inhaled it, sucked it!...... took me 20 minutes to eat it!

lil treat will do no harm xx

I think you shouldn't worry too much..one chunk is not anything really and you enjoyed it.
Having something small and savouring it is not going to damage your efforts as a whole...maybe we are overanalysing it and pure and simple you just fancied something and it did the trick.
It's not a whole sarah lee choc gateaux we're talking about after all xxxx
I think as you said you aren't normally into sugar and you like healthy foods out of preference, you may just find once in a blue moon you have a fancy for a square or two of choc....it is not going to hurt if that's the case but worrying and stressing and feeling all guilty WILL!!!!

Hugs and don't fret about it x

Back