• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

You haven't got sleep apnoea have you? When I put my weight back on quickly I got apnoea and it was only by having this I got my op! The weight on my neck made me stop breathing at night n I was sooooo tired in the day I could fall asleep on a clothes line. Wondering if the loser weight is sitting on your neck? Worth a thought xxx

Lol no 2nd Timer, it's called a fiancé who snores every night, ALL night!! I am tired full stop. Also I worked nights for 20yrs and still struggle to sleep at night, 5 yrs after! I think the bypass and my poor sleeping habits are both to blame for sleeping during the day. Hopefully I can get into a better routine soon x

Thanks ladies for sharing ... I totally agree with you. I can't adjust to my new size and get everything in three sizes. I was ellated beyond anything when I reached a 14/16. Then a 12/14 was beyond belief - normal! I realised that I could buy any item of clothing I wanted, in a normal store without any question. Wooooo! Now I'm in a 10/12 and panicking that those amazing 12/14s are too big ... AND, I'm starting old habits of thinking "I won't take them to charity as I expect I'll put the weight back on one day" which of course I may as that is usual 3-4years post surgery, to gain a couple of stone. THEN, and this is huge, I'm now getting on the scales and panicking that I've lost another lb ... What's that about?! The head thing is without question I far bigger challenge than the physical - the physical I think from my experience is enormous for the first 6-9 months post op while the body adjusts and we learn what we can have etc. I have so much to say about the head ... Not least how emotional I now get thinking back to this time last year when I was preparing for my op in July ... And It seems surreal that I was that person, and who is this new me? I won't go on as I don't want to hyjack Ceecie's thread here, but I'm saying that although I'm not a super, I really do relate to a lot of your experience, and Terrilou I'm so excited for you hun - you have no idea xxxx

Glitter you can say as much as you like on my thread, love hearing from you! X

ceecie i can relate to the wake most of the night i have now got into the habit of going bed by 1am though im up again at 5am then i go bed at 2pm til 3.30pm so i am not sleeping the whole day away maybe you can get a routine that works well for you

Yes I've been limiting my naps to 45 mins after lunch and then an hour after dinner. It works most days, but I have 1-2 days per week when I can sleep for several hours after lunch and again after dinner. Hope it improves soon! :)

I still think the effect of loose skin on our heads is quite extensive. I'm prancing around in my 14/16 summer dress, and I look at me in it and think how slim I look. I take it off, and I have no idea how I fit into it because my loose skin looks unsightly and huge. Like the fat is still there. I know its an echo of when I was 12 stone heavier, but my head don't get it.

On the subject of sleep, my habits have changed completely post op, which was a surprise. I used to find it very hard to sleep, and then sleep in for ages. But now I'm in bed early, and up super early raring to go!

I still think the effect of loose skin on our heads is quite extensive. I'm prancing around in my 14/16 summer dress, and I look at me in it and think how slim I look. I take it off, and I have no idea how I fit into it because my loose skin looks unsightly and huge. Like the fat is still there. I know its an echo of when I was 12 stone heavier, but my head don't get it. On the subject of sleep, my habits have changed completely post op, which was a surprise. I used to find it very hard to sleep, and then sleep in for ages. But now I'm in bed early, and up super early raring to go!

Ceecie your photos are fab
Fi - i am with you on the skin. I am now 11 stone trying to maintain and a 12-14 but the skin hangs. I got into a super skinny pair of new look size 14 jeans and felt great. Don't know how they fastened up with all that skin but they are comfortable.
I love clothes shopping but can't look at best tops or anything that shows my arms.
My head isn't there yet with sizes. I get weighed daily. And if I loose weight I seem to self sabotage by eating lots of bread! Why oh why?
Enjoy the comments. People have only been kind to me, a bit too kind as you do get to a stage where you just want to fit in but people keep going on and on how great you look. I know I shouldn't complain! It's really exciting going down sizes. Enjoy x

I still think the effect of loose skin on our heads is quite extensive. I'm prancing around in my 14/16 summer dress, and I look at me in it and think how slim I look. I take it off, and I have no idea how I fit into it because my loose skin looks unsightly and huge. Like the fat is still there. I know its an echo of when I was 12 stone heavier, but my head don't get it. On the subject of sleep, my habits have changed completely post op, which was a surprise. I used to find it very hard to sleep, and then sleep in for ages. But now I'm in bed early, and up super early raring to go!

That is so true Fiona! I was lucky enough to have tummy tuck in September and a breast reduction just 3 weeks ago. I have maintained at just over 9.5 stone for over a year, can wear size 8 bottoms, 12 top!! The difference having the breast reduction and uplift is AMAZING !! I can now 'see' the normal size me. I honestly couldn't see it before. I did feel I looked ok in clothes, but never 'wow'. I was terrified to wear close fitting clothes in case they showed the lumps and bumps and looked wrong. I hope you lovely ladies get the chance to get rid of the excess skin at some point, it does make a huge difference to the head games.

Yes skin. Let's talk skin ... I guess I am pretty OK with my torso and legs ... But my arms - as you say, 3/4 sleeve tops are my limit. And as for my boobies - beautiful pert 34Es but take my bra off and I've aged 30 years. I feel totally amazing in clothes, and know I am sexy. I am confident about myself and see men looking at me as I am attractive now ... But I am feeling terribly anxious right now about when/if I get intimate with this new fella 'prospect'. He is clearly deeply attracted to me, especially my boobs ... So will he be disappointed?

I kind of reflect on several aspects of my new saggy body: (1) any significant bloke needs to not be so shallow, and if he were then cheerio matey, (2) do I look any worse than I did when I was fat - now I look amazing clothed but a bit dodge naked, when before I looked fat clothed and fatter naked. (3) what if I'd had a mastectomy or been hideously maimed, or scarred in an RTA? At least I have all my body parts ... Yes, I just reflect that in fact I don't feel 100% happy with my naked self, but as I do not intend to have a career change and become a glamour model, the only person who will see me in the buff will be a significant man who I hope will think there is much more going on with me and make allowances ... And then there is the boob job, which I am soooooo having ... Yes, life is sweet xxxx

Sun tan anyone? :)
Great pics. Is that a chi on your neck?
I'm in comp wth you now with my tan lolololol

image-2986739251.jpg

Looking so goooood Hun :) xx go you.

LMAO!!! No unfortunately it isn't a chi, she's a chi/pincher cross. Talking about my neck.....during surgery I had morphine straight in the neck for some reason!! Was good, but left me with a burst blood vessel which won't go!!!!! :(. Get lots of disapproving looks when I'm out, ha! X

Last edited:
Your tan is MUCH better than mine 2nd Timer!! That's it, strip off in the garden tomorrow no matter what the weather!!! :)

LMAO!!! No unfortunately it isn't a chi, she's a chi/pincher cross. Talking about my neck.....during surgery I had morphine straight in the neck for some reason!! Was good, but left me with a burst blood vessel which won't go!!!!! :(. Get lots of disapproving looks when I'm out, ha! X
U hussy lol

That is the site of the central line they put in ... I understood that it ran straight to the heart. Yes, they used it to take bloods post op and put in the pain killers etc, but was installed mainly in the event that being morbidly obese if our heart couldn't cope with the anaesthetic and stopped, they'd be able to shoot adrenaline straight at it to bring us back from the dead. Yikes! Mine was visible for a while, not least as during the unpleasant processes of removing it, the nurse managed to pull away a few layers of skin when removing the plaster that held it in place. It's all ok now - 10 months on ...

Oh, and going back to the skin conundrum ... I bought a new mattress pretty soon after my op as I figured the old one had taken a battering over the years having to support my whale of a body ... Recently I've noticed how lumpy and bumpy this new one is ... On close examination it is not the mattress, it is saggy ar*se! Lol!

Oh, and going back to the skin conundrum ... I bought a new mattress pretty soon after my op as I figured the old one had taken a battering over the years having to support my whale of a body ... Recently I've noticed how lumpy and bumpy this new one is ... On close examination it is not the mattress, it is saggy ar*se! Lol!

Ha!! That's hilarious!!! Blame everything Lilac, your arse is doing just fine!!!!!

I can't believe I was so big, we had a custom bed made which is 7ft wide and pretty much unbreakable as it has steel rods to support the frame....and I still complained that I didn't have enough room, my partner was selfish and took up too much room, I had a bad back, blah blah blah......I was in such a bad place. I wonder if we will get a smaller bed when I'm a minny... :) I've lost count of how many beds I've broken........

Talking of beds, pre-op turning over in bed was like a double decker bus doing a 33 point turn in a cul-de-sac, I had to grab the headboard (thank gawd it was wrought iron) and heave myself over in several goes, no if I wish to turn over I simply roll :)

Back