• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi everyone

tomkat1969

:Dhi everyone,i thought that i would say hello, ive been peeping at you all for so long now. i must admit it has been an eyeopener. reading your diaries has made me realise that i am not alone. your stories have hit a chord with me and i have laughed and cried in the last two months since i have found this site. quite a few of your diaries could have been written by myself. thank you. anyway im rambling, i am one of the lucky ones who has a date for my gastric bypass at walsall manor its on the 14 march an I CANT WAIT.

Hi Tomcat and welcome
sound like yr pretty much prepared for the start of yr new life on the 14th march. Glad you have finally come out of hiding we really dont bite.
look forward to following yr journey
carole

thank you, but i,ll let you in on a secret i wasn,t hiding ive had to get one of the kids to show me what to do lol.

Hiya and :welcome2:your op is on my son's birthday :D, not too long to wait now good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery keep us informed on how you go :)

Hello tomkat1969

Fantastic that you've got your date. Not long now before your new life starts!

Good Luck

Hi Tomkat and welcome.

You are in very safe hands with Mr Khan. I had my bypass with him on 30th August and havent looked back since.

There is a huge gang of us here who are patients at Walsall Manor. Look for the walsall massive thread. Also we have a support group, the next meeting is Friday if you are interested x

Hi Tomkat and welcome...

Congratulations on getting a date, and even more congrats on learning how to use your pc. Keep practising on here you'll soon be a whizz! Be lovely to see you at the support group and am sure it will be beneficial to you either pre or post surgery... Take care xx

Just want to say hi and welcome to the site. I have been on here for years, still waiting for my bypass, hoping this will be the year !! Nice to see you, and look forward to your diary x

thank you everyone. i do have a question for anyone thats had their surgery at walsall, i have to go in at 7 o clock on the sunday morning, will i have my surgery that day? my letter says nothing to eat from 12 am on the day of admission and mentions nothing about an injection the night before, many thanks sam for the invite tonite, maybe next time.

Yes hun, if you are going in on Sunday then your surgery will be that day. However dont be surprised if you get a call from the ward on the Saturday asking you to go in. This has happened to many of us. In fact lots of us have been pro-active and called the ward ourselves, as if you get in the day before and claim your bed you are almost "guaranteed" to get your surgery.

thanks sam was going to do that a little nearer the time, its good to know, will i have to have that injection because they havent mentioned it or does everyone have to have it?

Do you mean clexane (the blood thinning injections).

If so, then yes unfortunately everyone has to have them. Its to prevent DVT's and is pretty standard I think after an operation of this size.

oh is that what its called, lol good job i dont mind needles will have to get hubby to do them after my surgery, i dont think i will be able to do them myself (although me thinks he might enjoy it too much) x

Welcome thomkat , good luck with the surgery xx

Welcome to the forum & good luck in your weight loss journey xx

Back