• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - Has any one had their ops done by Mr Khan at Walsall Manor

Oh my gosh I really don't want open surgery I think I may ask whether I could put some of my own money on top and have keyhole. I will let u all know how I get on sorry teen for asking loads of question I read it back it was a mouthful

Hi, Natalie,
I've thought about asking about that too. I don't want open surgery either.
Please let me know how you get on when you ask.
Perhaps you could pm me.

teen

post op loser
Hello teen u got seen pretty quick then really I hope I get done as quick as that was yours open or keyhole how has your experience been have u lost much weight can u feel a difference in yourself do u still feel some discomfort what was your pre op diet like which option did u pick and did u have to inject yourself every day they say I might have to do that but I am not a fan of needles did u lose weight with your pre op diet sorry to ask loads of questions I am just really curious

Hi Nat yes i got seen very quick I saw the anethsatist and he offered me 5 dates when they were not busy lol, so i opted for 2nd Jan. I had open surgery was told that to have it lap would cost the NHS an extra £4000 so i think Walsall do open to save money.

I still feel discomfort but that is getting easier and I have lost 26lbs. Pre op diet was ok I just cut out the crap I ate and cut down on carbs apart from xmas day and i had big dinner and pudding lol lost 8lbs,

I inject myself well my fella does, you have to do this for a month.

My wound is infected at the mo just at one end so on antibiotics now aswell

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
Hi Tina,

What PCT are you under?

It's the PCT that foots the bill, so the procedure used is dependent on what they will pay for.

chivasgirl

Hi Teen - of course at some point in the future UHNS will be doing surgery for Stoke PCT patients. Stoke have agreed to commission from UHNS when they get their bariatric surgery department up and running. I hope they get a good surgeon!! My own PCT has refused to commission from Stoke until UHNS is granted status by the government as a designated centre. Will be interesting to see what happens in the future. The new budgets will be coming in in April, and with that usually comes alot of changes to policies.

Sambucca

It's the PCT that foots the bill, so the procedure used is dependent on what they will pay for.

Red is right, its down to the PCT whether you can have keyhole or open. I asked the question at my consultation last wednesday and was told unfortunately that my PCT (BEN) will only do open due to the cost differences.

You might be lucky in that your PCT will fund keyhole. Many do, so don't rule it out yet.

ladybird_gal

Miss H

Was interested that Miss Heitmann did your op. I am with her too. I hadn't heard of her, so I am pleased you mentioned it.

ladybird_gal

Have sent my reply to the wrong person first! I am to have Miss Heitmann too, so am really interested to hear from someone else who has been operated on by her.

ladybird_gal

I thought she was, because I looked her up on internet and breast surgery came up - panicked slightly incase the wrong thing was being done! How do i check out that link?

alii

hi im new to this forum and still waiting for a letter back for a consultation, and i was wondering how long it normally takes? i went to see the doctor on 11th may and he sent the referral then. need some advice xx

tesmaralda

hi im new to this forum and still waiting for a letter back for a consultation, and i was wondering how long it normally takes? i went to see the doctor on 11th may and he sent the referral then. need some advice xx

Every journey varies, have a look at the walsall masive thread and have a look for the name of the lady that deals with referals and see if they have received your gp referal and then take it from there.

There are quite a few going through things at the moment or have been through already and we are all afriendly bunch. Welcome to the site x x x

alii

:( i dont no nothing about the process as my doctor isn't very good all he told me was that he has sent the referral off but then what do i receive a letter or have i got to call some one im confused.

tesmaralda

:( i dont no nothing about the process as my doctor isn't very good all he told me was that he has sent the referral off but then what do i receive a letter or have i got to call some one im confused.

You should receive a letter asing you to see one of the team to discuss wls. However drs don't always send referals off straight away and walsall manor are well known for not rushing, if you give it about 4-6 weeks from drs referal and just ask them if they have received it from your gp.