• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - Has any one had their ops done by Mr Khan at Walsall Manor

a big Thanks Phatgirl, you might not remember me but i sent you a messgae on fb last week I think it was and you told me about this site. Its great to talk, had joined another one but there was never anybody on there and it was very clicky chat room.

:sign0007:OOO, sorry I missed your post. Welcome to minimins :welcome:
So glad you found us here. We are a friendly & helpful bunch;).

If I can be of any help, let me know!:D Think you have got it sorted for yourself tho- good on you!

Take care -
Nic

I had my op at walsall on 2nd Jan 09 I 1st saw my doctor in October saw DR hartland and crew Beginning of Novemeber Saw anethsatist mid november and he offered me a few date and i chose the 2nd Jan and came home on the 5th

how are you feeling Teen? Hows the weight coming off? WOuld you be able to share your experience with us?

Hi Tina,

So! You are a member of the Walsall Manor Posse/Massiiiive, eh?!

You had quite a rapid journey from GP referral to op. I am impressed with your loss so far!

I was referred in October, had initial appointment at WM on 6th November, got my funding confirmed this week and am now awaiting my MBE (Magic Brown Envelope) with pre-op etc. dates in it.

There are quite a few pre- and post- op WM people on here, so we have a Walsall Manor Posse thread up and running for anything WM related. O, and silliness because we seems a bit barmy!

Hi Sam I am feeling ok since my op But on Sunday my wound at one end opened up and is weeping

I had it done at Walsall and Miss Heitmann did my surgery. She was great visited me the morning of surgery and again when i got back on the ward. She also came and saw me a fearther 3 times before i left hospital I am very pleased with my scar as its very neat Also the staff nurse on swan ward phoned me to see how i was getting on. The staff were great but ran of there feet as they are short staffed

The first night home was ok until i tried to get out of bed took me 20mins to sit up and I cried like a baby cause it wrecked, Its been 2 weeks today and its getting easier Can not wait to eat something and i dont care if i never eat jelly again lolol

The hospital gave me some fortimel drinks (protein) and i now have 56 bottles of chocolate flavour in the fridge they aint to bad

sorry for rambling hope it makes sence

thanks for sharing Tina. Miss Heitmann is a name ive not heard before.

Glad you feeling ok. are they doing anything about your wound opening up or do you have to wait for it to heal itself.

she is very good the lady in the bed next to me had Mr Khan and to be honest I think I got the best deal. I was allowed full fluids the day after my op but the lady under Mr Khan had to wait 2-3 days for full fluids

For my wound the district nurse is coming now and again and dressing it for me and I am on antibiotics If there is no change will go back Drs and see about getting a stitch put in

thats reassuring to know that your surgeon was good. Did you know before the op who your surgeon was going to be. I have just assumed all along that it will be Mr Khan.

Hope your wound gets better soon

No I didnt was spost to be Mr Khan but he wasnt working the day my op was booked for lol Lucky me Not sure if the miss heitmann is the same person but they are both M heitmann so at a guess i would say they were the same

Hello teen u got seen pretty quick then really I hope I get done as quick as that was yours open or keyhole how has your experience been have u lost much weight can u feel a difference in yourself do u still feel some discomfort what was your pre op diet like which option did u pick and did u have to inject yourself every day they say I might have to do that but I am not a fan of needles did u lose weight with your pre op diet sorry to ask loads of questions I am just really curious

Crikey natalie, a massive stream of consciousness there! :D

When I had my initial appointment, here are the things Ana told me:
  • As I am to have open procedure, I will have up to approx 30cm incision from under the breastbone towards the navel
  • I will need to be on vitamin supplements for the rest of my life (bypass means malabsorbtion of some nutrients from food intake)
  • I will lose 'some of [my] pretty hair' (qv.)
  • I will need to inject myself (or get someone to do it) for a week or so afterwards
  • I will be up and out of bed asap after the op. This is to avoid potential blood clots
  • My hospital inpatient stay may be 4 - 5 days

Oh my gosh I really don't want open surgery I think I may ask whether I could put some of my own money on top and have keyhole.

I went in thinking, 'gastric band and keyhole surgery'. Then a curved ball got thrown in the shape of previous abdominal surgery that makes keyhole very difficult in my case and the fact that a band would not help with my eating habits.

My abdomen already looks like the Mappa Mundi and I really did noit want anothet big scar, but I weighed that up (no pun intended) against the potential benefits of the procedure proposed against the life I exist in now and I was soon ok with it.

Ask the questions though, Nat.

What PCT are you with?

I will let u all know how I get on sorry teen for asking loads of question I read it back it was a mouthful

I laughed because I read it out loud how it is written and I almost ran out of breath! :D

Back