• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No funding for me :(

Hi Caren. I'm sorry to read about the funding refusal, I can only imagine how frustrating it is to hear those words. I really feel for those who have to jump through so many hoops to satisfy the NHS.

It annoys me so much that the NHS spends so much money on binge drinkers for example, dont refuse to treat their self-inflicted injuries from their own stupidity yet..weight loss operations that do so much more than just improve your appearance can be declined.

When I told some people that I was having the bypass, they said I am being stupid for taking such a drastic measure (even my own doctor said that), I don't think people realise just how much it effects you.. mentally and physically.

Don't give up and do whatever you can possibly do to get this surgery. Appeal, appeal and appeal some more if that option is available to you - the money is better spent on you than it is on a stupid binge drinker who put their head through a shop window while pub crawling or something.

Sorry if others have said this before but on the practical side get a copy of your PCT policy & procedure. Go through it to make absolutely sure they & your doctor have followed it precisely. You will be surprised how often admin errors are made. If it has not been strictly adhered to you have grounds for complaint & appeal. If it has been adhered to then also get a copy of the PCT appeal procedure & follow this through. Your MP will help you. Citizens advice burea will help with form filling etc. if you are over 50 years then Age Concern lawyers are excellent cheap way to get help. I know this is yet another long fight but keep going. If not then good luck with going private but make sure you do your research.

Can you use the man who took his pct to court as a test case? Contact your MP and reference the case. Gotta be worth a try chick xxx

The thing is, part of me is tempted to answer with about half a dozen bullet points why you might have a good legal case, Caren.

But ..... sometimes it's not worth a long legal battle, if another solution (private funding) becomes available sooner. I know that you are currently considering a sleeve on private finance abroad (and you have another thread about that).

Yesterday i was discussing online with a couple of people this article:
LA Fitness and the running battle with an octogenarian | Money | The Guardian

Because I had a similar (bad) experience with LA Fitness about 2 years ago. I had moved into a new area and rather rashly signed up immediately with LAF (thinking -- gym, swim -- must get fit and lose weight etc -- you know the usual thing!).

Well, within a month I had found them to be useless and found another cheaper club closer to me and I wanted to swap ..... at which point LAF become rottweilers.

Despite the fact that I had been a member less than 28 days they would not release me from the contract: their terms have an almost "no get out" clause.

ANYWAY -- long story short, I believe that if I had battled and battled and started a long legal war with them, I *might* have been able to get out of the contract ....... but in the end I was re-financing at the time anyway, so I stuck the remaining value of the LAF contract onto that loan and paid them off.

Sometimes in life, taking on a 2 year legal battle is not worth the hassle ...... especially if an easier and more pleasant, and less fractious solution becomes available sooner.

Sharonimo said:
The thing is, part of me is tempted to answer with about half a dozen bullet points why you might have a good legal case, Caren.

But ..... sometimes it's not worth a long legal battle, if another solution (private funding) becomes available sooner. I know that you are currently considering a sleeve on private finance abroad (and you have another thread about that).

Yesterday i was discussing online with a couple of people this article:
LA Fitness and the running battle with an octogenarian | Money | The Guardian

Because I had a similar (bad) experience with LA Fitness about 2 years ago. I had moved into a new area and rather rashly signed up immediately with LAF (thinking -- gym, swim -- must get fit and lose weight etc -- you know the usual thing!).

Well, within a month I had found them to be useless and found another cheaper club closer to me and I wanted to swap ..... at which point LAF become rottweilers.

Despite the fact that I had been a member less than 28 days they would not release me from the contract: their terms have an almost "no get out" clause.

ANYWAY -- long story short, I believe that if I had battled and battled and started a long legal war with them, I *might* have been able to get out of the contract ....... but in the end I was re-financing at the time anyway, so I stuck the remaining value of the LAF contract onto that loan and paid them off.

Sometimes in life, taking on a 2 year legal battle is not worth the hassle ...... especially if an easier and more pleasant, and less fractious solution becomes available sooner.

Sharon, I wasn't recommending a long legal battle. Sometimes if you use a test case, a letter from your mp is enough for your pct to want to avoid a similar case. It's worth a google search and a letter. No two year battle and no solicitors x

Sharon, I wasn't recommending a long legal battle. Sometimes if you use a test case, a letter from your mp is enough for your pct to want to avoid a similar case. It's worth a google search and a letter. No two year battle and no solicitors x

Oh OK :p

It was not just your post, Fuffs (altho I did quote yours) -- but I kept seeing a lot of people advising Caren to "fight, fight, fight" ...... and sometimes it just becomes a very long winded and stressful process to do so.

However, Caren, if you want a list of legal reasons that I think you could use as the basis of your case, let me know (either by PM or direct on here) ...... I had started to think of a few, but was not sure whether you really want to pursue that all the way.

i have mild sleep apnea but bloody hate the mask think i have to wear, i get a worse night sleep when i use it then normal......im hoping its not going to halt my operation as i haven't been going back for updates etc..aahh well i can only hope.......hope you get sorted chick some doctors are pains you think their would be some sort of system they have to follow to save us poor people from getting pushed from pillar to post.xxx

Sharonimo said:
Oh OK :p

It was not just your post, Fuffs (altho I did quote yours) -- but I kept seeing a lot of people advising Caren to "fight, fight, fight" ...... and sometimes it just becomes a very long winded and stressful process to do so.

However, Caren, if you want a list of legal reasons that I think you could use as the basis of your case, let me know (either by PM or direct on here) ...... I had started to think of a few, but was not sure whether you really want to pursue that all the way.

As I am lovely, I will forgive you :p rofl

I understand about the long drawn out thing. I don't think I would have ever taken my fight to court had I been turned down x

Have to agree that a long winded fight is sometimes just not worth it mentally. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Back