• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No funding for me :(

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
hello everyone, I managed to get hold of the pct today and she said that my funding has been declined as my doctor has not stated that my sleep apnoea is severe, and he hasnt said that ive done 6 months weight management. Well i'm going to see my doc to see what we can do, but my sleep apnoea is mild :cry:

Ohhhh Caren, (HUGS). Get on to your GP asap and demand he gets in touch with them. I hope you are OK hun xxxx

Oh no Caren, it sounds like you are doing the right thing getting on to the GP. Your SA affects your job (you can say you LOVED bus driving and it is your dream to return to it!) and make sure the GP includes the years of attempted diets/weight management attempts.

It isn't over x

Oh no Caren, it sounds like you are doing the right thing getting on to the GP. Your SA affects your job (you can say you LOVED bus driving and it is your dream to return to it!) and make sure the GP includes the years of attempted diets/weight management attempts.

It isn't over x
im allowed to drive buses now mate xxx

I know you are not allowed to drive busses babe, Isn't that because of the SA? so if the SA/weight is preventing you from your dream job it would be cruel to deny you the op!

I know you are not allowed to drive busses babe, Isn't that because of the SA? so if the SA/weight is preventing you from your dream job it would be cruel to deny you the op!
i dont think my doctor would lie to them, i'm allowed to drive anything lol

Darling, im so sorry to hear they turned it down.... dont stop make sure you fight it and keep going.
Chin up hun x x

It isn't a question of if your doctor would lie to them ........... would you lie to your Dr????? ;)
yeah of course lol but he knows i can drive pmsl

Dinda said:

Caren can now drive because she started treatment for sleep apnea. So her sleep apnea is under control so therefore can go back to driving x
So sorry to hear about you being refused :( keep fighting x

hello everyone, I managed to get hold of the pct today and she said that my funding has been declined as my doctor has not stated that my sleep apnoea is severe, and he hasnt said that ive done 6 months weight management. Well i'm going to see my doc to see what we can do, but my sleep apnoea is mild :cry:

Oh FGS i can't believe it....Don't know what to say as i know how important this is to you.... :sigh:

So Sorry....but try not to give up...i'm doing an extra line on the lotto just for you.

Andy x

Oh FGS i can't believe it....Don't know what to say as i know how important this is to you.... :sigh:

So Sorry....but try not to give up...i'm doing an extra line on the lotto just for you.

Andy x
oh thank you so much Andy :) xxx
im just gutted :( lol

Tell your doctor off for not submitting the right info, in fact, give him a right hander. :eek:
Sorry its not good news
Kim

Good luck in fighting this Caren. You know I'm in the same boat and currently my MSP is working on it for me with the hospital so if you cant get anywhere with your GP get on to your local MP and have them fight at it for you as well. You do meet national guidelines so your PCT policy is wrong!

sending you Hugs too x

That's crap news Caren. You have to fight this all the way.........remember the nightmare Andy had, and he didn't give up and look how close he is now. Your GP needs a kick up the **se or find a new GP who takes weight loss surgery seriously - that's what I had to do, as my original doc was dead against it. Dont give up, whatever you do xxxxx

Oh Caren pet what a nightmare! Get yourself to the GP - floods of tears and all so he gets it sorted out.
BIG HUGS xxx

That's crap news Caren. You have to fight this all the way.........remember the nightmare Andy had, and he didn't give up and look how close he is now. Your GP needs a kick up the **se or find a new GP who takes weight loss surgery seriously - that's what I had to do, as my original doc was dead against it. Dont give up, whatever you do xxxxx
my doctor isnt against it, he will write back and tell them what they need to know, but they are strict on their criteria, i HAVE to have severe sleep apnoea and mine is mild

Back