• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Horse tablets

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
I'm in shock.

How the heck do we take the forceful and lansoprazole capsules. They are

H U G E!

I have bought a tablet cutter for other meds but can't cut capsules.
X

Hello there, I am not sure if ur gp will prescribe it but what about liquid meds?? I crush mine with a mortar and pestle if they are too big xx Julie xx

I'm in shock.

How the heck do we take the forceful and lansoprazole capsules. They are

H U G E!

I have bought a tablet cutter for other meds but can't cut capsules.
X
ive heard that some people, pierce the capsule and squirt it into some yogurt and take it that way, good luck :) xxx

they get easier to take, but you can with the capsules, tear them in half and as caren says, take with a bit of yogurt x

If you leave the forceval out overnight it goes a bit softer and easier to swallow. Did you have probs taking pills pre op? Because if you didn't you should be ok now, because the entrance to your tummy isn't any smaller than it was before.
The thing I hate about taking my pills is that they feel like a waste of my first cup of tea in the morning and my last cup of tea at night lol
I know, I should take them with water.... but I dont!
Lynne xx

i take my tabs with squash lol... is that ok?

Thanks Lovelies

Can you use a pestle and mortar on Capsules. Think I may do as some suggested and take the inside out and mix with Yoghurt, thanks Caren.

Im not a good tablet taker beofre my op, heave at the very thought.

Check they are ok out of the capsule cos that way they might go straight through and do you no good!Im sure you have swallowed bigger bits of steak!

On the instructions for Lansoprazole capsules, it says do not crush or open..... maybe that it just my brand. They do come in 15mg and 30mg doses.... if u are on 30s ask ur GP to prescribe the 15mg capsules as they are considerably smaller ;) x x

ooh yeah my lansaprozole say the same.. but they are easy to swallow, and says to take 30 mins to an hour before food. i have mine as soon as i wake up..its next to my bed..and i have it with a bit of squash, then i have my cup of tea... then i have my breaky half hour after that x

Hi folks, I was on fastab's which are the dissolvable ones... I took my last one today as I am four weeks post op. at my check up today I was told I don't need to take them anymore unless I start suffering from indigestion.... I guess my question is are you all further on than four weeks and still taking? I don't want to be in the situation of not having them in the house and suffering! X

No i take fast tabs for 2 weeks then change to the horse tablets. the hospital gave me a list of supplimets for my GP and she prescibed them for me today ready for next week and put them on repeat prescription for future.

Back