• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how did every1 feel?

farquar

Just wondered how everybody just after having their sleeve fitted? Symptons and feelings? Im trying to get lots of fluids but struggling to meet the 3 litres. Would have to be sipping every 10 seconds lool still sore also not sure how long it will last? Any info would be very greatful for. Need to know whether im normal lol xx

I'm nearly in my 5th week post op. I does get better. It's sip sip sip. I liquidised soup if I felt I needed something more. My pain lasted about a week I think. Still a little sore but one of my wounds is struggling to heal. I couldn't managed 3 litres so I drank what I could. If it can go through a straw then you can have it. I took arnica to help with the pain and found it once again brilliant. hope that helps. Shout if you have any questions

Ooh never heard of that? Im willing to try anything and to get rid of this wind lol glad your recovering well. Gives me hope ill get through it :) xx

Hi
I am having my sleeve in 2 days - can you tell me what you were eating - I mean drinking over the first week or so - as I shall be shopping for it tomorrow night. Think I am getting more nervous by the minute!!
Susie

im 3 weeks away susie and shake when i think of it !!!! lol i think its normal to be nervous .were u nervous farquar xxx

I'm four weeks post sleeve today, and am supposed to be drinking 2 litres of fluids a day. But I don't think I ever drank more than about a litre of anything pre-op. I seem to average about 1500 mls per day, but not more.

Hi guys I'm 7 weeks post op now and meant to be eating solids now, but everytime I eat I seem to bring up a lot of bile, is anyone else having this problem, I've contacted the hospital and they said give it a few more days and if it still happens I have to go in.

susie_x said:
Hi
I am having my sleeve in 2 days - can you tell me what you were eating - I mean drinking over the first week or so - as I shall be shopping for it tomorrow night. Think I am getting more nervous by the minute!!
Susie

It all depends on the hospital diet. Im on liquids 4 weeks soft food 4 weeks and then solids. But im on sugar free jelly. Oxo, bovril, marmite drinks. Squash. Strained soups. Nowt exciting lol xx

highspirit said:
im 3 weeks away susie and shake when i think of it !!!! lol i think its normal to be nervous .were u nervous farquar xxx

It was the second time i went in. First time was cancelled so wasnt nervous but walking down to the threatre and saying goodbye was the hardest. Then in the threater nerves kick in but staff were amazing n talked about things to distract me xx

Lush121 said:
I'm four weeks post sleeve today, and am supposed to be drinking 2 litres of fluids a day. But I don't think I ever drank more than about a litre of anything pre-op. I seem to average about 1500 mls per day, but not more.

Its crazy. I didnt even drink that much before. I no it includes all urs meals now though. Have your docs said anything about it? Xx

nigelc said:
Hi guys I'm 7 weeks post op now and meant to be eating solids now, but everytime I eat I seem to bring up a lot of bile, is anyone else having this problem, I've contacted the hospital and they said give it a few more days and if it still happens I have to go in.

Ive been told to wait 8 weeks and the wean onto food so maybe leave it a week and see how things go maybe?? Or try easier foods so not to harsh xx

Its crazy. I didnt even drink that much before. I no it includes all urs meals now though. Have your docs said anything about it? Xx

I haven't seen the doctor since surgery - first appointment with him is mid November. I'm also finding it difficult to tolerate food, but continuing to try to eat, and to eat different stuff

Back