• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How have you coped today?

sugga

How has everyone spent their day today?
With the snow keeping most of us home today, how are you coping?:mad:
I have been wrapping Christmas presents up earlier to keep busy and ill finish off in a little while:D xxxx

I'm working from home as I have remote access. Hubby is home too. The cats went out to explore the snow early on, but it's too deep for them and they have been spending most of the day back indoors curled up in the warmth !

Take care and keep warm everyone ! xx

I'm snowed in too! Just carrying on in Santa's groto making Christmas cards - both my sons went to school today but came home again just after lunch. Even the dog (who loves snow) is asleep by the fire.

been watching family make a snowman, made first batch of mince pies and a lovely warming casserole for tea :eek:)

I've got the coal fires going, a stew pot in the slow cooker and it's snow on snow here... still snowing... it's looking like the perfect Christmas card outside... xxx

Well although we have had snow we are not snowed in but it is freezing, consequently all the horses waters are frozen so we are having to cart water from the house...... corrr it really makes your pinkies cold.

Done bit of housework, got dinner ready. Also been kitten watching we had 2 part bred Bengal kittens last night.

I have been Christmas shopping today...and it wasn't very productive..going to have a roast dinner tonight because OH is home tonight.

Had a fine layer of snow yesterday morning when I woke up, none since. Most of it is gone. Still not been out today. Been resting as my worse wound doesn't hurt much if I don't move. Though it prickles and itches on the skin a bit. (Allergic reaction to plaster, the nurse said yesterday).

Have been doing course work all day for my advanced creative writing course, OU, have completed about half a week's work in one day, only another three weeks' worth to catch up. Up to date with my world archaeology course, also OU.

Jacki.

I've been to work :( Unfortunately even if enough snow settles to stop the car getting there i am more than capable of the 1.5 mile walk there :)

Kids are off school tomorrow though :) They are very happy lol xx

Trying to get the decorations up! Flaming lights drive you mental lol......4th set of lights Ive had to replace this year....its cost me a bomb! Should look nice when done though :D XX

Put the Advent Calender up first thing o/h likes to have the choccy treats, even though he has a bus pass! (and its not a kids one)

Put a casserole in the slow cooker - smells lovely now!

Wrapped some Christmas presents, then started writing the mountain of Christmas cards that go out to friends and rellies each year.

Daughter phoned earlier from South Sheffield - snowed in but not working today. She said she would walk in but boss told her to stay home.

I might tackle ironing later - oh joy!

Enjoy your day x

Love Kat x

Pretty bad here on the east coast, had another foot of snow to wake up to yesterday and schools all closed. Husband walked for 1.5hours to get to work, he's very conscientious! Only one that made it in! I went back on Tuesday after 8 weeks off only to be snowed in since :D local shops all been open tho so walked up to the butchers and greengrocer to get supplies :)

I've not done my.monthly weigh in yet either....doesn't feel as important this month for some reason!

Its not snowed in Manchester overnight, we are forecast more for today but it hasnt come yet. The snow has frozen and its like a skating rink out there lol....not good with a walking stick and a wheelchair! Yesterday my son pushed me to the detist which is only down the road and round the corner and he was pushing me and then sliding behind me, great fun.....for him lol! I might go to the supermarket later as hubby is home early today and Im running low on a few essentials :D XX

I did Andrea lol...having 2 grown up "boys" and a wheelchair can be a bit hairy at times.....they have winged me round corners, launched me off kerbs and ran like the wind down hills with me :eek: Its all good fun though and Ive not fell out.......yet ;) XX

Haha... I've seen the way the chicks treat you Jac... 'just like a piece of precious china and it's no less than you deserve precious'... xxx

Ive been snowed in for 2 day and i bet my boss wont pay me either, so been busy doing my charity work from home, nearly out of bread and milk so im hoping the snow goes soon x

Back