• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much fluid should we be drinking daily?

yorkshirelass74

I am managing 3 pints of NAS squash a day, i dont drink tea or coffee, i wasnt a big drinker before my op, infact somedays i wouldnt drink anything. I know 8 glasses are recommended, but i dont know how big the glasses are supposed to be.

We need to be aiming for at least 2 litres... I know i was exceeding that up until going back to work a couple of weeks ago, i'm struggling now though!

I haven't managed a litre yet! no wonder I have such a horrible headache!

ooooh yes i was getting headaches at first when i was struggling with my fluids, i dont seem to have them hardly at all now
xxxx

Yeah, I'm really trying hard today. The trouble is that nausea has been so bad I haven't wanted anything. But it's settling down a bit now, thank goodness!

My dietician advised me to judge it by the colour of my pee; it should be pale yellow, if it is too dark then I am not drinking enough.
I find this is quite an easy guide and it means I can assess all the time whether I am doing well or not. Much more convenient than tallying up each glass I drink.

Back