• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hubby being selfish :(

Didn't know you were a 'wrinkly' you look pretty young in your pic, i keep forgetting though at 42 I'm not the teenager I like to think I am anymore :cry:

Just for the record, I didn't pay Em to say this ... but thank you anyway, darlin :D :D I most certainly am a wrinkly at 55 & getting more wrinkly as more weight comes off ... but would rather be a slim(ish) wrinkly than the smooth skinned fatty as I was :rolleyes:
Hope peace can reign now & everyone remember why we come on here. It most certainly isn't to find new people to upset us ... :) xxx

Haha amazing what loads of makeup and a good pic can cover. Im 28 but i have really deep lines on my forehead and starting to get crows feet round eyes. I have dry skin and dont drink anywhere near enough so think thats why ive got them early. Give me 5 years and theyll prob be worse than my mums lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hmmmm.... Just don't lose my bank details now will ya Twinkle! :D

Oops thought that was for me lol. Can tell im a noob

If you are going for this op, Amberleigh, you really need to get into the habit of drinking loads. 2 litres a day minimum & hopefully you will bloom ...
I don't wear makeup unless I am going somewhere special & Louie, in my avatar picture, is my grandchild ... he & my other 4 keep me young (ish) lol. Good exercise too :D:D:D xxx

Haha amazing what loads of makeup and a good pic can cover. Im 28 but i have really deep lines on my forehead and starting to get crows feet round eyes. I have dry skin and dont drink anywhere near enough so think thats why ive got them early. Give me 5 years and theyll prob be worse than my mums lol

You've solved your skin problem in your post you silly girl....drink lots and lots of water and invest in a good moisturiser, it doesnt have to be an expensive one, I use Steam cream which costs £12 and lasts for about 3 months and comes in really funky limited edition tins
Em xxxx

Yeh i know lol. I try to drink alot but i forget. Thats prob why i eat too much also cos being dehydrated can make u feel hungry. I have loads of moisturiser. Cant not have it as skin feels awful and tight without it. Excema runs in my family so im just gratefull its only dry skin and not that. Think that can be my goal while im waiting to get surgery, to drink more water. Maybe if a fill a 2litre bottle and leave it in fridge itll remind me everytime i go in fridge to eat and itll help me keep check on how much im drinking

How do u manage to drink so much if stomache is so small? There will never be enough room for food. Or is that the idea? :)

That's what I do, have a 2 litre bottle of water by me all day and I make sure I drink it all!
Also Amberleigh I don't know if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but have you considered going abroad for your op?
There's quite a few people on here who have and lots of very positive feedback from them, and I believe it's considerably cheaper than here.

Well your body is approx 60% to 75% water so it seems reasonable that if you don't replace lost water, your skin will be dry. Try a water bottle & have it around you. Keeping your water in the same place as food could be counter productive, lol :D:D

Yeh i have, been looking at one that is in brno in cheq rep. I cant find any bad reviews for them and its the cheapest i e found so far :)

Ive only got salad and fruit in fridge so il be ok lol. I try not to buy crap in shopping or id be twice this size :)

Which procedure do you want? I'm just been nosy now ;)

I'll start practising sipping then instead of downing a glass when im first.......... Now wheres the wine ;)

In order of what id prefer sleeve, bypass, band. Ill see what consultant recommends but hopefully he will ok the sleeve

Yeah, I don't want a band because I just dont know if I could resist cheating. At least with a bypass its a permanent solution.....it's just killing me waiting! I'm the most impatient person in the world!

Me too, hence all my moaning and sulking in this thread lol but i know itll happen eventually. Im not really fancying the band either. Going back for refills etc (im rubbish with appointments) and the average excess weight loss seem better with the sleeve and bypass too. I like to see it coming off quick when i diet. Thats prob why ive failed diets after a while in the past

I suggest having surgery first then getting a job after so i dont have to take time off a new job straight away.

Amberleigh,

I only took 2 weeks off work to recover from my sleeve and I could have returned to work after 10 days. I very nearly took them as annual leave, but in the end did take sick leave (but I had been in my job 5 years at the time so knew I was safe doing so).

If you do get a job, you could at least make an appointment with a private clinic and look to booking surgery a few months ahead, and possibly book the time off from work as annual leave -- they would not (necessarily) even have to know.

Most employers frown on sickness within the first 6 months (some won't even pay sick leave during this period at your normal salary rate but will only offer SSP) .... so using 2 weeks annual leave could be your best option.

These ops are now done 99% by keyhole surgery and the recovery times are very quick. You will feel like a small horse has kicked you for the first 1 - 3 days but that goes really fast ..... by day 7 I was up and about, doing my own shopping (lightweight) and laundry etc.

Hi, Argos do some salter scales for 14.99 that are easy to use and tell you what percentage water/fat you are. For our age I think it said you should be 60% water. I'm 38% so working on bringing that up and getting my percentage fat down! I struggle to drink enough mainly because I'm banded and in the early days you can't drink for an hour before or after food! :-0 think that goes to half an hour in a few weeks. I hope so anyway! Am parched now waiting for my breakfast. I think if are going to cheat they will cheat regardless. I know someone vaguely who had the bypass lost loads of weight to the point of being too thin then over time stretched their pouch and put it all back on again :-o I think they are back on the health train now though. I'm not a health freak and not one of these that's had the surgery and think I'm cured of my demons now! I still crave for things. Particularly sweet stuff at the minute. So I'm eating jelly to try and fool myself I've had a sweet. I took two weeks holidays for my op as I didn't want to tell work what I was doing. I was well recovered in time to go back but can't speak for bypass and sleeve recovery as that sounds more intricate. Good luck with your journey.

Back