• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am home and hating my bypass.

Poor you. Big (but gentle!) hugs. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.

I'm sure that your Nan will just be happy for you to be starting your new life. You can have your own little service for her at home whilst the funeral is going on. Just take a few minutes to sit quietly and think about her. It may make you cry, but that's ok too.

Take it easy for now xx

hi hun my deepest sympathy over the loss of your nan she will understand that you can not go to the funeral and like others have said go later. I could not attend my nans funeral either and I make a point now of going every week and laying flowers and having a chat with her and i even went and laid my wedding boquet on her grave the day after my wedding. It might make you feel a bit better if you write a letter to your nan and take it with you when you visit the grave and dig a little dirt up and bury it there for her that's what I did and put a picture of me and the kids in with it. Sorry to ramble on hun. As for the bypass you will feel better real soon hun it does get better and you probably hate it right now as it is stopping you attending the funeral but it is giving you a fresh new life that your nan would be proud of you for xxx

Hi Karen
I'm sorry you're feeling so down at the moment. Obviously your body has gone through a massive upheavel that alone is daunting but to have the worry of your gran's funeral too........well don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself time. Your gran knows what's going on and will understand. On the day of her funeral she may well give you a sign that she's there with you..........
Take care
All the best

Can't add anymore to what has been said already, this is all part of the journey that a lot of us aren't emotionally prepared for but ait def does get better and you just need to give it time and take one day at a time.You are also greiving at the moment and not being able to get to the funeral will make you feel worse. Please don't your nan will be watching over you and will be delighted you now have a better quality of life on its way to you. They always say for every lofe lost a new one begins! I really hope you feel better soon and time eases your pain xx

Hi, glad you are home and sorry you are not feeling the best. I too had my op last week (19th). The first few days are the worst but hopefully you will feel better soon. Even if you dont feel like posting, keep reading the posts on here they will help you feel stronger and assist with growing to love your bypass. Big love, take it easy x

Sorry to hear of your post op pain and blues, and very sorry to learn of your loss. Hope you'll feel much better soon

Hi to to say what everyone else had said im really sorry for you loss of your nan, and to say keep your chin up it does get better in time

take care x

Angelpie I totally understand how you're feeling. I'm 11 days post op and feeling very down and depressed and wondering what on earth I've done to myself and how on earth I'm going to live with it. It won't help that you're grieving for your nan as well. All I can say is that hopefully your pain both physical and of the heart will ease over time. I still haven't been able to lie down to sleep because I'm in so much pain. Keep taking the painkillers and keep in contact with your team.

Many hugs xx

How are you feeling now Karen?

karen, going to keep it short but i am now 2 months post bypass and really i dont know what i got so upset about you wont remember all the crap you went through in the first 5-6 weeks it will become a distant memory. SO forget it all and just think hey i've done it and its over with so now i just gotta get on with my life. don't overthink it just do it. Trust me.

Hi honey, I too felt like that until last week (op on 30th dec) and that was without the upset of your nan.
as you know grief takes time and that is something that is personal to you so I am sure that you will work through it.
as for the op, I have started feeling better since I am having food that looks like food.
Sending you lots of hugs and strength to get you through this difficult time xx

Hugs to you x

Are you feeling a bit better now? I hope so. Remember to keep reading the posts from those that are further on in their journey, that will really help. You will get there Hun.

Awww Karen hope your feeling a little better hun, the first few weeks are always the hardest, sending you big hugs hun.
Take it easy and try and rest, sorry to hear about your nan to:( Its not easy when you dont have the support at home but i hope things ease for you and soon:)

Take care hunny:)

Sharon xx

I'm sure your nan wouldn't want you there feeling crummy. Give yourself a few months at least, then pencil in a special date, where you can have your own memorial day to her.
Day 2 of my bypass I lay in the hospital bed and wished for death, I felt so bad.
I am just taking things day at a time. There is no other way to approach it. I can't predict how I will feel in an hours time. In fact I am up this early because of feeling sick. I am hoping it will pass and I can go onto to enjoy days like other forum members have. It's just, for you and I it's a little different. We'll get there in the end.

Hi Karen. Hope you are feeling better and more positive. PM me if you want to talk. I've got my bypass on Thursday so I could do with a bit of distraction!!
All the best

Back