• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I knew it had to happen at some point...

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
I was told by a friend today not to lose any more weight as I'm looking skinny enough!

I'm still 11st 12lbs - that's hardly skinny, maybe I am compared to when I was 22st.

I still have another 12lbs I'd like to lose, I dread to think what she'll say once I get to target - I'll be practically anorexic looking, lol.

xxx

I cant wait till someone says that to me :D I hope it happens one day! I think you will know when you are ready to stop loosing, you look fab XX

I'm sure she meant it supportively. You'll know when you're at the right weight. Way back in the day when I was normal I put on put on weight one summer and went up to just under 12 stone and I was plump, I was slim at 11 st 2 and at 10st 4lbs was emaciated ( I'm 5ft 10). I liked being that thin then but know that if I got to that weight now (fat chance, so to speak) I'd look thin and very wrinkly. You'll know when you're where you want to be when you get there I'm sure- whether it's your 'target' or not.
x

Last edited:
Argh, just spent ages typing a reply, then lost it!!

I'll try again...

I have set myself a difficult task as when I weighed 22st I wanted to literally halve myself and get down to 11st.

Some of you may think that's silly, but to me, that magic number on the scales means EVERYTHING, and I SO want to weigh 11st, or even 10st 13lbs, just so I can say I'm in the 10's, lol.

I have very little fat left on me now, my tummy still looks huge, but it's all skin & it ain't goin' anywhere. I'm sure that it must weigh a fair bit, so if it were to magically disappear overnight, maybe I would get down to 11st.

To be honest, I think my head is so confused due to once being huge, and now being normal, it doesn't know what to think. One minute I think I look slim, the next I'm huge, this wls really messes with your mind doesn't it.

Ok, I think I've gone on & on for long enough now.

Oh, did I mention that I bought a size 12 top yesterday??? I think I may have. lol :bliss:

Hi Pookie . . . you and I are similar height and although I am currently still 13 stone 3 I am getting similar comments. Suppose it is that people are used to seeing us as just being 'bigger' in height and width!! Even my mum says 'oh you look fine now you really dont want to overdo it!!'. At 51 I dont have any expectations of being as slim as I was at 21 but would just like a BMI of under 25 - although 23/24 would be lovely and allow a little leeway for weight fluctuations. Like you mentioned though I think we will have extra skin which will weigh a bit too.

I think you have done fab and your pics look amazing. xx

well done for getting into a 12 top, you must be really chuffed.

i purposely havent set a target, as i think my body will settle down when its at a weight its happy with, although my bmi is still 27. something, if i didnt lose any more weight i would be ok about it, im a 12 bottom and 12-14 top, i just wish a bit more would come off my boobs, when i dont have a bra on, i get into size 12 nighties and pj tops, but when i have a bra on im more of a 14. im actually the lightest ive been since i was about 16, im 8st 12. id like to get down to about 8st 3ish if i could, but we shall see. i hate the way my stomachs gone, and am hoping it will tighten up a bit.
im sure youll know when your right weight, well done and congrats, big hug xx

Well done Dawny, you've done so well.

Bet you are mighty proud of yourself.

xxx

I'm almost exactly the same weight as you and am getting the same comments now from lots of people. I'm still a size 14-16 though, and according to the dietician yesterday have up to a stone and a half to lose to get to my "ideal" weight. If I do I will be half my starting weight, which would be a nice achievement !

pookie!!!! IVE done well, have you looked at YOUR stats, youve done FANTASTIC, your bmi is actually at a really healthy level now, so you could if you wanted to, think about maintaining, cos youll probably still lose some while you get it right. congratulations on all your hard work huni, big hugs xxx

Wow , what a difference !! you look fab , just ignore your friend if your going to loose more then you will anyway , i too set the target of loosing half of me which would take me to 10st 6lbs but secretly i would like to get to 9st 6lb as i was that before i started putting all this weight on. xxx

pookie, ive just had a thought, you're 5'9 and in a size 12 top, you must look fantastic, if your anything like me, the only place left to lose weight is your tummy and possibly hips, hopefully the last few pounds will come off any areas that still need it. good luck, hugs xx

well done for getting into a 12 top, you must be really chuffed.

i purposely havent set a target, as i think my body will settle down when its at a weight its happy with,

That's what I used to think LOL and although my body has "settled" and might be happy with itself, I am most certainly not :D

Pookie - well done on all your achievements so far! x

You have done brilliantly so far, over 10 stone down is amazing. As for the other 12 lbs, well you are now at a healthy BMI, so only you can decide what your ideal weight is depending on how you feel & look...don't pay too much attention to what others say as it's bound to be a big shock for them based on the size you are now compared to the size you were when you first started.

I know what you mean about folk telling you are too skinny, time to worry if your doctor and dietican tells you and then insists on giving me build up protein shakes, It is a head game as at my lowest I was 11st 2lb, and all of my life I have wanted the numbers to get less so now they are saying they want me to be up some, as although I weigh what I do i am literally skin and bones and if I were to have the excess taken off I would weigh at least another stone lighter...... Because ive been so poorly I have been good and followed orders and Im now feeling much better and Im weighing in anything between 11st 10 and 12stone, which if Im honest still plays havoc with my head but I feel great so I live with it!!

Those comments annoy me TBH. I don't see why others have to comment on my weight at all. But like you, I have a goal set and I really want to get to it. I probably won't be truly happy until I am 8 stone 13 but that is me and needing a definite goal to work towards.

Hi Pookie
How fantastic do you look well done you on reaching a size 12! I know what you mean by people saying you are too skinny i get it too ( would we ever have thought it) and just like you i'm roughly the same off goal as you are! I think people are just so used to seeing us so heavy and now that we have "halved" ourselves we must look really really skinny lol. I wouldn't worry too much hun its about whats right for you and what your team are happy with health wise. big hug xx

I say well done, you look fantastic and I also can't wait to have people saying that to me.

I'm also a stickler for numbers too and understand the pull of the "11 stone " and what a fantastic acheivement "I've lost 1/2 my body weight".
You know when its time to stop, follow your own judgement - you've done all of this for you!

Andrea

Thanks so much for all of your lovely words everyone.

My Sister in law said exactly the same to me yesterday - don't lose any more, you're thin enough.

I just with my stupid head could see what others can.

xxx

I had the same, my wife and friends were saying that I looked to thin. it's because they are not used to seeing you like that. they just have a picture of the old you in their heads and keep comparing the two. As long as you feel healthy, then stop where you wanna stop. I have lost 13 stone. and my weight loss has now naturally stopped at 15 stone. seeing as I'm almost 6'3 tall. I look slim and healthy. and feel amazing. though the Gym has played a large part in that along with the cycling. x

Back