• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I love my MGB

Well, I've decided to take the new job. I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted! I've been busy writing down what's happened and will almost certainly take out a grievance against my current employer as the first stage before possibly taking them to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal as I don't feel that they should be allowed to get away with the way they've treated me over the past 3 years. If I don't do anything they might try it on with someone else next and no-one else should have to deal with this cr*p.

Good on you girl! And well done on taking the new job. Sometime sticking with what we now (however bad) can be more comforting than the fear of moving to what we don't know. So it takes a lot of bravery to make the move. Well done! :clap::clap::clap:

Handed in my resignation today, you should have seen the look on the boss' face - so funny haha

First proper (not blitzed) salmon fillet for dinner today, very nice but only managed about a third of it, a tiny bit of cauliflower and no spud at all, and I thought I was hungry before I started eating!!

Great news hun I bet you felt great walking out of work lol serves her right,ain't it good to eat proppa food xx

Thanks hun, it did feel good, hopefully your turn next :)

It's lovely to eat real food again, I was amazed how quickly I filled up though, time for a drink now, nice cup of tea

I really don't feel like I have a band at the min everything seems to go down fine, thanks fingers crossed I can have the feeling of telling her to shove her job soon too xx

Louise

Absolutely brilliant news on the job, and I am so glad you are pursuing the grievance and employment tribunal. Damn right they shouldn't get away with it or be able to shaft the next poor employee unlucky enough to need an operation so good on you.Salmon is the must eat first food I think, lol, we all had it
I am still amazed at how little I eat, and am not hungry and I could get a cheese n onion butty from tesco eat it driving home then make and eat a huge tea
Like loop says - IT WORKS!

Thanks Wendy :) I couldn't believe that one little salmon fillet could last 2 meals!! Certainly wouldn't have before the surgery haha. I'm slowly introducing different foods and had a slice of toast with cheesy scrambled egg for lunch, it was lovely and no ill effects at all which I was a little surprised about.....

Going to see my daughter on Monday for the first time since surgery so it'll be interesting to see if she's changed her mind at all or is still not on my side regarding wls.

I'm officially on annual leave now until I start the new job on 1st December so will at least get full pay for this month thank goodness, need the extra cash coming up to Christmas. Still can't believe how much better I'm feeling since I handed my notice in, I don't think I realised how stressed out I was beforehand :D

That's great Squirl, enjoy the leave and you can have a whole new work wardrobe too.
Hope your daughter gives you praise and support but no worry if not, you know you will be healthier and emotionally better off, and we will carry on with the support xx

Well done on taking the giant step to change jobs...it's very easy to stay in a bad job because of fear of the unknown. I would like to change my job but as I am approaching my 60th Birthday it gets a bit harder...even though I still have another 6yrs before I get my state pension.

I hope your daughter comes round...perhaps when she sees the changes in you will will see that it was a good thing.

Enjoy your time off

Lynn x

Thank you Lynn :) I hope she comes round too, if not I know I've done the right thing for me

Had a good day on Monday with my daughter, the wls wasn't mentioned but she tried very hard to make a lunch I'd enjoy, trouble was, it was all raw veg and new spuds. I was absolutely amazed that my little tummy didn't fight back but I nibbled some and was fine :)

Since then (and she gave me some fantastic news that I'm not allowed to share just yet) my week hasn't been great. No idea of the reason but I'm just feeling very fed up.... Perhaps I'm starting to stress a bit about the new job or it might be that I've just sold my car, didn't really want to but with the new job only a 25 minute walk from home I can't justify keeping it.

Still struggling to get enough liquid in, the water even makes nas squash taste nasty so I'm having mostly weak milky tea. Just want to get the BM sorted out and start losing again! Might have some lactulose tomorrow, see if that moves things along so to speak.

Not a very positive post, sorry all, but I need to get these negative feelings out of my head and getting them down here does help.....

Hi louise glad all went ok with your daughter and the news very exciting :)
Your going through so many changes your bound to have crap days just stay strong and positive hey at leat your eating better now xx

Awe Louise hope this passes for you
In more ways than one
Lack of BM might be influencing low mood
Glad you had a nice mum/ daughter day and new job and a walk to work is a bonus, you get fitness in too
Get the negatives onto here
It's what it's for
Hope you feel better soon x

Glad things went well with your daughter...baby steps!!

I think it is perfectly natural to stress about the new job, you are human you know. We all have little wobbly moments...lack of BM also makes you feel very sluggish.

Most of my fluid comes from tea and coffee except on work days when I take a bottle of NAS squash with me...I rarely finish it!! I am hydrated most days though.

Hope your mood lifts soon

Lynn x

Need to kick-start the weight loss! I'm only 6 weeks in and the loss has diminished to almost nothing!!! :(

I'm starting to think I'm not eating enough now, I've upped the exercise and am now feeling permanently shattered. Have copied the food pyramid (thanks Sundown) and am going to stick it to the fridge in the hope that stirs me into action food-wise. Looking at it I will have to eat a lot more which to my warped little brain seems like the wrong thing to do to lose weight but there is a little voice inside that's telling me I've probably eaten so little that my body thinks I'm starving, the little voice is almost certainly right! The amount of food on the pyramid looks pretty huge but with proper planning I'm sure I can do it, there is no choice, I've got to do it!!!

Must also ring the GP this afternoon and see if my blood test results are back, hopefully they're ok. :)

Good advice to self Squirl
Keep the metabolism up x

I think there is something in that squirl I've been told off two weeks in a row by my provider for not eating enough and my weight loss is slowing even a month out of surgery. I think if we don't feed our body properly the metabolism just crawls to almost nothing.

I'm hoping to pick up a little bit moving to proper food next week instead of puree

Your totally right squirl, ypu have to make sure you keep eating enough to stop the body going into "starvation" mode and storing fat.

Back