• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was scared then ok now 3days 2 go feels like im having a breakdown

Hi Guys . . . I agree with many of the later posting - this is an inspiration thread – so Brad did you expect to be an inspiration to others when you made your first post ? It is a strange feeling reading such honest and open feeling which in many ways mirror my own . . . it really does help knowing what to expect post op. The shoulder pain I understand to be ‘referred pain’ due to the Co2 and very common. My op is the 5th April so please keep posting.
By the way, can we use Activia Pouring Yogurt does anyone know.

Last edited:
Hey Brad just catching up with your thread.......I Knew you would rock your bypass!!! xx

hey guys sorry i have just got home a walk to town yeah u heard right a walk me walking well its amazing i am so glad that people have founb this thread to be helpful and i will keep posting mostly everyday with my experiances of food....
kevin i really wish u the best for your op but u will be fine when i was worried just before i went into hospital and people kept reasurring me on here and it really did help keep me informed on how you are feeling its great to talk with others that are going thro the same
brad x
p.s i will look into the yogurt

hi ya know where you are coming from I too have had a little wobble on day six of the milk and yogert pre op diet and have had all the what if things run thriugh my head too. Good Luck with your op xx

Hi Brad, hope you are doing ok - Went to see my GP yesterday and confirmed I wanted to go ahead. Referral letter has gone off today - just the long wait now - how long did you wait until your heard from the surgeon?? Ruth x

hey ruth good morning i waited around about 8 months from my gp sending my letter to being in the hospital seeing the doctor then it was around another 5 months after that the guy i was in hospital with it took him 2 years for his op to come thro from start to finish i wish u the best of luck with your journey im sure u will get the results you deserves..
brad xx

Good morning everyone.... Well ive just tried my readybrek and it was fantastic i had it a little runny but not soup like and i had a little splender on the top and it was fantastic felt normal again after having liquid but yesterday my partner got me a banana milkshake i only tried a little bit wow what a mistake that was lol lesson learnt hope you all have a great day
brad x

It's learning for sure particularly in the early days Brad... I can manage to eat a small banana now after 6 weeks and I feel so full after eating that, I'll try and find the benefit of bananas link for you.

Love and hugs xxx

Bev, did you go to the Spire with Mr Ammori? That is where I am hoping to be referred to x Ruth x

ooooh i cant wait till i can have a soft banana lol for some reason i have been craving a chicken cesar salard because i would of never dreamed of having it before my op
so is everyone having a good weekwnd so far
brad x

Awww Bless Brad... I love to eat a banana... just the smallest ones I can find nowadays... but they are so good for you if you can eat them. All in good time precious...

How are you feeling now love? xxx

Hi Brad - glad you are doing so well so soon out after your op. You will eat and drink relatively 'normal' things afterwards but just everything in serious moderation. I am now 6 months out (in two days) and can honestly say I have never felt better and fitter since I was in my twenties!!

Bypass rocks - I was a total foodie and I still enjoy my food and the occasional drink or two. I will follow your journey and cant wait to see how you feel six months down the line. I now actually agree with the saying that 'Nothing tastes as good as slim feels . . . . ' and from a food junkie that is quite something!!

GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
i have been fine up untill 2day but in the last few hours i have had a shooting pain by my rips on my right side it feels like ive pulled something im so worried its not all the time its on when i get up or bend or if i twist
brad xx

Hi brad,

Can u not ring your hospital where u had it operation done?
Maybe speak to a nurse?
Or do u think it could be a bit of wind pain? X

i will give it a day or so to go away just incase it is wind or something but if it doesnt go away then i will give them a ring i was hoping someone will come on here and say they have had the same and its nothing to worry about
brad x

Did u notice it start after you ate or drank something?
As then it might be just wind,I'm 5 mths post op and still get wind pains,as I'm trying to adjust to my new way of eating.
But wind pains do hurt!

i havent eaten anything different but it could be after i drank something i will keep a eye on it hopefully it will just pass fingers crossed
brad x

Brad thats exactly what I have got, and its nothing to worry about!, mine started 4 days post op and the pain is so intense I was getting really worried but I spoke to my surgeon and he said the good news is they didnt operate on the right side so its nothing major to worry about, he said it could be a bit of blood gathering at the bottom of the lung or muscular/bruising, so I am now taking a strong painkiller as I am now 7 days post op and it still hurts but it is easing slightly.

I also think it might have something to do with me not being able to go the loo yet thats been 7 days too (sorry tmi) but it must have an effect somewhere right??

Please check with your team tomorrow but try not to worry about it and I hope you feel better soon x

Back