• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IBS

SHARONA

Can any body please tell esp those whom have surgery and suffers of IBS does it disappear when you have had surgery. I havnt had surgery and my IBS is really playing up at mo Im hopeing this disappears once (if) I get surgery .

Hmmmm. I've been struggling with IBS for years. When I was thin it was a problem, too. Since getting my balloon I've had some of the worst IBS issues ever. Though (fingers crossed), I've been virtually symptom free for the last 5 weeks after having an intestinal parasite. I hate dealing with IBS, it's embarrassing and uncomfortable at the best of times. I don't think my weight has affected it positively or negatively over the years.

I have always suffered fortunately not too much with pain, but bloating and constipation terrible, and to be frank nothing much has changed lol I cut out wheat and dairy years ago which helped a little but despite eating extremely healthy now (stone age diet) very little has changed............ lol i'm just sitting here with my senakot tablets ready to take LOL hope things get better hunni x x x

Can any body please tell esp those whom have surgery and suffers of IBS does it disappear when you have had surgery. I havnt had surgery and my IBS is really playing up at mo Im hopeing this disappears once (if) I get surgery .

Mine hasn't. In fact I would say its a little bit worse & it turns out I am lactose intolerant now since my op .. But it in no way has made me regret having my bypass ;)

Last edited:
I had a sleeve almost 9 months ago and, unlike pre-op where I had an attack probably on average twice a week, I've had one attack since. Touch wood this will carry on!

Back