• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a man - Surgery schedule for 8th Jan

jimyeahbaby

Hey folks,

I'm Jim, my surgery is scheduled for 8th January, and i cannot wait.
Any advice pre and post op greatly appreciated.
x

Hi Jim and welcome what sort of surgery are you having?

Hello Jim welcome to the site xx

Hi Jim :) welcome. I'm having bypass surgery on the 2nd of Jan, on my pre op milk diet now.

Good luck with your surgery.

I would say ensure you have support after surgery. Someone to lift things, help with day to day tasks, and to be there for you.

Stock up on anything that you will need up to 2 weeks after surgery.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the milk diet is. I am from Baltimore Maryland and I've never heard of it

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

5 pints of milk a day and that's it! I don't think they do it in America.

Its to shrink the liver as they say in obese people its very enlarged and needs to be moved out of the way during the op for safety so it needs to be smaller.

My hospital does;

4 pints of milk
2 pints(1 litre) of other liquid
1 multivitamin
1 salty drink (stock cube etc)

allowed extra's
1 no added sugar jelly
3 sticks of gum

Wow, interesting!. No we don't do it here, at least I've never heard of it. Thanks! Where are you from? We do a two week liquid diet that consists of water, crystal light, milk, decaffeinated tea or coffee, non caffeinated drinks that are sugar free. You can use any of those drinks with protein powder. Thanks for sharing, now i won't be confused. Lol

Wow, interesting!. No we don't do it here, at least I've never heard of it. Thanks! Where are you from? We do a two week liquid diet that consists of water, crystal light, milk, decaffeinated tea or coffee, non caffeinated drinks that are sugar free. You can use any of those drinks with protein powder. Thanks for sharing, now i won't be confused. Lol

I think its the same as we can have tea or coffee but use milk from the 4 pints and the water would count towards the 1 litre. I'm in London(UK)

Here in West Midlands its 4 pints of milk and 1 fat free yogurt a day you can have unlimited coffee made with the milk sugar free squash 1 salty drink ie oxo YUCK and unlimited water.

Good luck with the band and get ready to knuckle down and kick ass :)

Will guys tomorrow start my clear liquid diet. No more shakes and milk! I hope i survive! Pray for me. One week until surgery but i like 7 days better lol!

Back