• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im booked!!!!!

Hi! Sorry only just seen this. If you go then you'll be there with me!! I emailed him my family medical history, weight and photos. I did this because I was asked all this by bbc in Prague but decided not to go with them as their sales rep was really pushy. I Sooo hope he has those dates free for you!!! I asked for specific dates as wanted Christmas to recover off work without suspicion!!! Lol. Julia x

Dr Hruby has emailed me back saying that he would be able to fit me in and that I would fly into Prague on Sunday 16th, have the pre-op checks on Monday and surgery on Tuesday. Just got to have a think and make sure this is definitely what I want to do.

I work offshore and only have 2 weeks off at a time but have 4 weeks off at Christmas so this is the only time I could get it done without having to take extra time off work so if I'm getting it done it will be in December.

If I get it done I would only be telling close family. Do you think you could get away with getting it done without people guessing? I am hoping people believe me when I say I have just been on and am still on a major diet ;)

I will let you know once I have decided either way :)

Hi. That would be the same travel dates as me! :) I've already told my family and my close friends. I'm not bothering with work though. I have a 3 week shut down at Christmas as work on building site so that's Why I've chosen then. Let me know what you decide! Would be nice to have a fellow English speaker there!! Lol. Julia x

Ps a lot of people don't tell anyone at work and just say they have been doing Atkins and hammering the gym. I don't think people will guess.. Fingers crossed!! I may tell my boss Diane but I'm certainly not telling all the lads. Not that they would be bothered. Just coz they would treat me like an injured animal for months afterwards!!!

The fewer people that know the better for me. If the lads I work with found out I would never hear the end of it. It wouldn't be anything malicious but anything like that where I work is fair game :rolleyes:

It says in the email that surgery will be on Tuesday and I will be ok to go home on Friday/Saturday. Has anyone gone home quicker than this? If possible I would like to go home on the Thursday if well enough.

What do other people that have had the wrap with Dr Hruby think?

I'm flying home on the Friday. He did say he preferred the sat but that's when the direct flights are to Manchester so I'm going with that. Not sure if the Thursday is too soon. That's only 1 day post surgery to check for complications etc. just email him and ask. He's really good and will be honest with you.

SAS1 said:
Hi Jules, time will fly by and you will soon be on the losers bench. I have my band on 22nd, I looked at the wrap, and the sleeve, but chickened out (i'm such a wuss)! Be really interested to know how you get on, and so exciting going to Prague. :)
Where was the offer on Slimfast? I'm in Liverpool too, at the moment I am on a low carb pre-op food diet, but might need some shakes after the op. Good luck hon, and keep us posted on your progress x

Offer is in boots...3 for 2 x

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note

Omg omg omg!!! I'm booked. Surgery is with the lovely doc Martin Hruby on 18th December in Prague. I'm so excited I can't keep still!!!!!! Thanks to everyone for your advice!! I've gone for the wrap! I'm so pleased with my decision. I just can't wait to get it done!!!!!!! :)
Hi Jules
well done on your decision! I am also having the wrap with BBC Direct in November. Will keep in touch once its done! yaaaaay I cant wait lol. I wonder if I will still feel like that when its done?

:) er.... The slim fast shake thing is going ok. They are nice apart from the blue grains in the vanilla flavour!! Don't know what that's about!! Lol. As for smoking. I have come to a compromise. I am smoking about 3 a day. The rest of the time I am using the gum. I am hoping to get it down to zero in next month!!! :) how are you doing?!?!? Julia x

I'm Fab, On count down now, Nervous. I'm starting my pre op Monday as doc h told me to go on high protein low Cal for a month before. No drink will kill me lol. Glad your well xxx

julesburns said:
:) er.... The slim fast shake thing is going ok. They are nice apart from the blue grains in the vanilla flavour!! Don't know what that's about!! Lol. As for smoking. I have come to a compromise. I am smoking about 3 a day. The rest of the time I am using the gum. I am hoping to get it down to zero in next month!!! :) how are you doing?!?!? Julia x

Hiya!
Doing the same as you re: practising pre-op diet and smoking...Am the reverse to you though..smoking going better than diet but then i wouldnt b here if dieting was easy for me?!
Weight has always held me back when it came to cigarettes so I thought best time to quite since I won't b able to compensate with food...or at least for a while...lol
How r u doing now?
Hope u doing ok x

Hi! Well I fell off the smoking wagon this week and had a few more than planned!!! Nightmare!!! I've been having the shakes for breakfast and lunch too if I can stomach it. Sometimes the thought of it makes me feel sick and I end up with homemade soup from the cafe next door!! Lol. However she assures me its all veg and no cream or fat so I guess it's ok!! Lol. How are you getting on????? :)

Similar to you funny enough...smoking and diet not going as well as expected but still got 5 weeks to practise...Hope I don't fall off wagon with either when time comes to do it properly?! Would love to be smoke free in fortnights that way it will be a month smoke free before op! That's the plan...plan being the operative word....lol...I have lost 2.2kg so far so even though I have the odd choccy bar now and again, I am def eating less so that's a plus!
Let me know how you get on...doesn't feel so lonely when someone else shares same dilemmas x

Omg omg omg!!! I'm booked. Surgery is with the lovely doc Martin Hruby on 18th December in Prague. I'm so excited I can't keep still!!!!!! Thanks to everyone for your advice!! I've gone for the wrap! I'm so pleased with my decision. I just can't wait to get it done!!!!!!! :)

Good luck Jules, seeing as I only live down the road from you I will be following your progress with interest. I have emailed Martin, waiting a reply as I want my sleeve op doing asap.

I had a picture taken at a party last night and it made me cry. I cannot wait for surgery in 5 weeks. I'm going to put this on my fridge, my sun visor in my car, above my bed... Everywhere which will remind me of how I look when I eat crap!!!

Attachments

• image-3636365902.jpg
    image-3636365902.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 75
julesburns said:
I had a picture taken at a party last night and it made me cry. I cannot wait for surgery in 5 weeks. I'm going to put this on my fridge, my sun visor in my car, above my bed... Everywhere which will remind me of how I look when I eat crap!!!

Jules you are so pretty, you have such a negative view of yourself. I suggest you keep this photo and your favourite outfit in a little keep-safe and use it as a positive not negative. You'll never ever be at this stage again and it can be a positive reminder your life is on the up!
You'll soon be posting pics you'll be proud of hon, and look back at this one and smile xxx

i too am doing the no smoking thing .I gave up AGAIN on 5th oct and have not caved in despite feeling for one several times .I think the fact I got my op date not long after has kept me on the straight n narrow .good luck girls !!!!

highspirit said:
i too am doing the no smoking thing .I gave up AGAIN on 5th oct and have not caved in despite feeling for one several times .I think the fact I got my op date not long after has kept me on the straight n narrow .good luck girls !!!!

Well done! Same here! Wanted to give up before OP which is on 7th Dec...so far I'm two weeks smoke free and like you...the op date is helping...Keep going xxx

Back