• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im now a bander ( first 3 day diary)

chezza1

Hiya to eveyone and thankyou for all your messages of support. Very very big hug to cazza for being there for me in my greatest times of need your a star:break_diet:
Here is my Diary......
Tuesday i went into Thornbury Hospital at 2.30pm i went into the reception area where a nurse came and asked me to follow her to the ward, she seemed quite abrubt but didn't take much notice as i had my mum with me and was talking to her. Once we got to the room the nurse said someone will be along to see me soon and walked out. (what an attitude she had).
Next incame another nurse to take my bloods etc and asked "why are you having this done" i just ignored her because she was really starting to get on my nerves. This was only the start of it and Wendy my baiatric nurse had already said they can be funny just to ignore them if they started.
Anyway they got me ready for theatre and i went down at 7pm tuesday night. Never been as scared and really wanted to jump off the bed and run off. They put a needle in my arm and a mask and my face and that was that out with the fairies.
ouch waking up i had a bit of pain but the nurse in recovery was really really nice and sorted me out. I went back to my room at 9.45 where my mum and my husband were frantic because i had been a long time.
The nurses were in and out during the night doing their normal stuff checking i was ok. i did have a little pain but could cope once i had a cup of tea i settled down and managed to get some sleep on and off (them electric beds are amazing for positions) before i knew it it was morning so i had another cup of tea and was on the phone for cazza and my mum to come and get me.
I was absolutley appauled by the nurses attitudes towards me and how they had treated me and the skits was unbelievable from professional people who should understand how i was feeling.
Finally friendly faces appeared round the door and with that i was up and out of bed in no time ready for the off. Got my prescriptions downstairs and jumped into the car. Oh dear i knew about traveling home though thoses bumps you dont see in the road wow poor Cazza driving haha.
I feel loads better know im home and have my own bed and have started having bits of slimfast and soup just for the taste last night i did need some pain killer so i tried some dihydrocodeine but within 3 seconds my mouth was watering like mad and i was nearly sick( too strong for me) im justa bit tender but im doing ok the feeling is like you have done 100 sit ups and your a bit pulled.
Im bored being at home but used to working and being on the go all the time but i suppose tomorrow is another day. Thankyou too cazza for giving me my needle this morning because i couldn 't do it myself lol.
Feeling realy tired and ive been asleep for a few hours so im really going to try and stay awake while tonight so i can rest better. Hope Di is having a better time with the staff at thornbury than i did and hope she is doing ok.
CHEZZA ON THE LOOSING SIDE!!!!!

Chezza first of all congrats on having your op. hope you are feeling ok. Sorry to hear the nurses were crap with you. Take it easy hun and look forward to following your progress x

Hiya Chezza

Glad your ok and well done on making it to the loosing side,hope your taking it steady,and resting,

I had some really nice nurses,you must have got the bad shift lol.
If you read the thread liver 1 me 0,you will be able to read how i went on or didnt as the case maybe.long story so get yourself comfy first.

look after yourself and keep us updated

Di xx

Glad you came out of surgery ok :)
I would definitely complain about the nurses' attitude. Bariatric surgery of any sort is a life changing decision not taken on a whim. They should respect the decision you have made to improve your life and health.
A strongly worded letter (after you have recovered;):D) would be my advice.
Hope your weight loss goes well.

congrats babe glad all went well im a week post op now and most of pain gone it dont take long but the port site still sore! cant wait to see how you get on , shame about your nurses tho but bugger them !!

glad it all went well for you. I agree, a letter of complaint is definately in order!

congrats, and sorry to hear about the nasty nurses,hope !!! wishing you a very speedy road to recovery. how long does one generaly have to stay in hospital with a band ?

Hiya guys

Ah sod the nurses they were just saying i didn't need it but then again i expected someone to be caring in the proffession they do but im feeling really ok just sore. Im feeling better every minute and carn't wait for this wind to go lol so sore when it comes up.
You usually have 1 night stay in hospital with the band bellsie but i was off as soon as the doc said i was ok haha like a rocket. Im having a few spoons of soup and slim fast but i have been having water with ice so it sooths inside too.
I was reading your post Emma about not being able to eat without getting pain that sounds really nasty you should phone and get it sorted out. I have yet to her from my Nurse who said they would be intouch as soon as i had he surgery if i hadn't had a friend (cazza) I really would have been lost she has helped me through the surgery and been down to my my house everyday helping me even taking pleasure she is in giving me my needles lol so carn't do it myself.
well im getting sleepy so im going to try have an early night. See what tomorrow brings...feel like ive done 100 sit ups. Not stopping mum she is seriously considering going in for the band...Go Jeanie bless her.

hope u dont mind me asking but do u think it was all worth it , ive struggled with my weight all my life , i went to see my doctor for help and he more or less laugh , when i asked for the band the only time ive been able to lost weight was on lighter life ive now booked appointment to have it done privately the cost is alot but im so unhappy , i dont want to have to us family money on myself, i feel really selfish but i cant see a way around it , so what im asking is , do u think its all worth it

Hi im glad your surgery went well, ive just paid a deposit to have band at tornbury at end of oct, after reading your thread im really worried about the nurses im so nervous about having it done at all, i cant cope with stroppy nurses, have you got a huge amount to loose? is that what they meant by why are you having it done? would you recomend it or should i cancel and choose somewhere else? sorry about all the questions im so c******g myself about it though!!! Thanks.x

hope u dont mind me asking but do u think it was all worth it , ive struggled with my weight all my life , i went to see my doctor for help and he more or less laugh , when i asked for the band the only time ive been able to lost weight was on lighter life ive now booked appointment to have it done privately the cost is alot but im so unhappy , i dont want to have to us family money on myself, i feel really selfish but i cant see a way around it , so what im asking is , do u think its all worth it

If youre doctor laughed then he is a knob Simmy!

You're not being selfish paying for this out of the family money. It's investment in your happiness which ultimately will change all of your lives for the better! You invest in your house, car etc, so why not in your happiness?

When are you having it done hun? I'm booked for Oct 28th!
Love
Ginaxxxxx

Hi im glad your surgery went well, ive just paid a deposit to have band at tornbury at end of oct, after reading your thread im really worried about the nurses im so nervous about having it done at all, i cant cope with stroppy nurses, have you got a huge amount to loose? is that what they meant by why are you having it done? would you recomend it or should i cancel and choose somewhere else? sorry about all the questions im so c******g myself about it though!!! Thanks.x

Hi Wishiwasslim

When are you booked in for in October? I'm having my band on 28th oct.
Don't be worrying about nurses or anyone else, don't delay this for the sake of anyone else, if you want to do it, then you do it girl! I have about 8st 10lb to lose to get to 10 stones. I'm very excited about the whole thing. Chezza text me 12 hours after her op and said that it's the best thing shes done and she wasn't even out of the hospital! LOL

You haven't got to worry, theres folks like me on here that will be doing it at the same time as you and we can share what we go through and how we feel, along with everyone else on here who are totally lovely and supportive in everything.

We're all in this together!

Look forward to getting to know you better!
Love

Gina!xxxx

Chezza

You absolutely love it! The girls had a gastric band and shes supping on slimfast! Classic! They'll be sponsering you soon!

Can you imagine the advert!?

"I have a sip for breakfast, a sip for lunch & 4 spoons of soup in the evening and the weights just falling off!"

LMAO

:)glad it went all ok, the wind i think is the worst bit but gripe water and peppermint tea do help a little.

welcome to the loosing side

moe

haha to Gina sip for breakfast (slim fast) i would be a right advert i was on the slimfast this morning at 5 o clock i woke up starving. Has anyone else had this cause the hunger pains were bad i really did have to get up as it was getting on my nerves and couldn't sleep for it. Sat drinking slimfast at 5 in the morning is a bit much and chocolate one at that.
Wishiwasslim you go girl and get it done dont let them nurses put you off and yes i suppose it was because of my weight i have not got loads to loose maybe about 2 to 3 stones but i did it whith some thought over a year with health issues in mind as well. The nurses might have been abrupt but the docs wern't that bad and people in recovery room. I had one doc asking me out in there and was very charming god knows what i looked like on morphine because when he asked me if my hair was my natural colour i said no it was grey lol.
Simmy its a very hard decision to make but one that will and can only benefit you for the rest of your life. You have to be ready to make big changes and commit yourself to the band, it isn't the easy option but it is well worth it. Im new to it myself only having it done on tuesday night but i can see my weight coming off already. Is Wendy and Steve your Nurses??? You are far from selfish and your family will get more from you and you will have a longer healthy life. Keep your chin up and don't start looking for excuses not to go because thats just what i did. I could have really run a mile when they were taking me down you will be fine trust me and these girls on here. We all carn't be wrong.x

Hi Chezza

You sound you have started as you mean to go on,watch out men lol.
So pleased you are doing so well , good luck and take care hun.

Di xxx

Nurse caz here, available to give injections to all lol!
I had my op at Thornbury like chez, and was treated wonderfully, I was I have to stress on a completly different ward so Im not sure if it changes from floor to floor.
When I went to pick Chez up the half the nurses were lovely and some looked like butter wouldnt melt!

P.s bugger the gripe water for wind, get someone to burp you like a baby. x

Nurse caz here, available to give injections to all lol!
I had my op at Thornbury like chez, and was treated wonderfully, I was I have to stress on a completly different ward so Im not sure if it changes from floor to floor.
When I went to pick Chez up the half the nurses were lovely and some looked like butter wouldnt melt!

P.s bugger the gripe water for wind, get someone to burp you like a baby. x

Nurse Caz .........? :D

Back