• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im the one that the op wont work for

Well let us help hun please. Lean on us - that's why we're all here. Everyone has their days, and if yours are more often for a while then so be it - we're not going anywher, so shout out. Sending big hugs.

your all so kind and supportive . im sorry to of had a rant . but sometimes you just need to let it out , and i dont want my family to see how crap i was feeling so i guess i used this site to rant instead ... xxxxxx

Rant away :D we have broad shoulders and we can carry it :D Thats what we are all here for......one day it will be us who need you and thats why even when its going sh*te we need to hang onto one another ..... keep your chin up, you will get to your target :D X

tray i remember one of your posts showing us your new slimmer self a few weeks back and what a differance - if you look that good after only 2 stone imagine when the rest finally packs up n pi**es off, lol you will be one of them posting about being at goal soon just you watch!
YOU CAN DO THIS! so dont think you cant - your body is probably just holding on to what ever it can grasp because it know it cant for much longer!
you deffo need to drink more though... they say to try and drink 2 1/2 litres a day, i know this is going to be difficult because of your new smalled pouch so you can only sip but like sum1 mentioned get one of them sports bottles and always have it full. carry it around all the time and sip sip sip give your body a good wash through!
hope you cheer up soon hun...stay possative! i knows its hard but you will get there in the end... theres only 1 way to go and thats down!
write a letter to your dietician explaining whats going off and how you feel and tell them that you have tried contacting them many of times - theyl soon be intouch!
much luv and a massive hug coming your way!
xxx

Rant away hun, we have very broad shoulders when you add us all together. xxxxxxx

You tough birds...chicks...make me giggle...lol

Tracey...I for one are glad you have had a rant....
Its better to get this out in the open to people who truly understand...

I am disheartened by the lack of help from your team....
I would be on the phone every 5 mins until I got noticed by some one there...
I would also be asking your G.P for you to be sent locally to a dietitian (I know Ipswich is a bit of a distance from Luton)
Or at least offering you more help....
As I keep seeing on here,..don't give up...
Ask for help...either here or your G.p or team...
I haven't even had my op but I feel your frustration and I wish I could be more help in term of advise....
x x x x x x

Tray, you rant away if you need to. I hope you can see though just how much support there is here for you. You only have to ask hun. Hows that lovely other half of yours that was posting a few weeks ago about how to support you? Does he know how down you are feeling about the whole thing.

And forgive me for I know nothing of mental health issues, but is is possible that your medication for your bi-polar may need tweaking as you are losing weight?

Glad to see you back Tracey, we all have our moments of wanting to escape...

Just had one here... heard the biggest, loudest crash falling down the stairs... thought it was my husband.... puffing and panting I get myself in there to find my rescue German Shepherd dog sitting at the top of the stairs... staring and saying to me ''it was only my ball''...

Thought we had a major incident on our hands with the noise it made...

Hold it together Tray, you have us all behind you and we all have similar fears and trials, as Julie said it happened just the same with her...

Keep holding on, we will all get there....

Loads of love and hugs and try and switch things around to kick start your body off... xxx

Have you tried upping your protein intake? Its bloody hard so early on. I also don't think you're drinking enough. Again this is bloody hard but for the first three months I literally had a bottle of water in my hand at all times!! Sip, sip, sip!!!!

I hope you start feeling better about it all. It is a hard decision and harder than even I thought possible. It will all be worth it in the end. In a few months time you'll look back at this message and laugh whilst you're getting into your skinnier sizes!!!

a spring chicken... im still an egg sweetpea's hahhahahahah xx

Hi Tracey,

I know everyone has been giving you advice, it is hard to get your head around it, and it is a major adjustment for our heads and our bodies, I really do think that your body is still adjusting it does this periodically, but your body has been re-adjusted, changed for good so it will begin to work again for you, so keep trying to eat Protein, veg then carbs, drink plenty in between, and exercise..... I Hope things will look up for you soon...

Big Hugs

Don’t drink calories. Your caloric intake will be very limited after surgery, which should help you lose weight. Don’t work against your surgery by taking in liquid calories that provide no nutrition and slow your weight loss. Make every calorie count by focusing on protein, fruits and vegetables.
Avoid sugar. Sugar is the ultimate empty calorie. Sugar will make your blood sugar climb, cause hunger pangs, provide no nutrients and, for patients of certain types of gastric bypass, cause dumping syndrome. Avoid sugar and any foods that list sugar in the first three ingredients, whenever possible.
Avoid carbonated drinks. The bubbly nature of carbonated drinks, such as soda, can cause gas pain and increase the pressure in your stomach, which can be harmful to staples and sutures, especially in the months immediately after your surgery.
Don’t drink fluids immediately before, during or after your meal. It is essential that you reserve the small amount of space you have in your stomach for high-quality, nutrient-rich food. Drinking before and during your meal will fill your stomach with fluid, instead of food, and drinking immediately after your surgery can “wash” food out of your stomach, making you feel hungry sooner. Separate food and fluid by at least a half an hour, whenever you can.
Keep your follow-up visits. After surgery, your progress will be closely monitored. Skipping appointments may mean that a nutritional deficiency, surgical complication or other issues may not be discovered in a timely manner. Also, appointments are a good motivator for staying on track with your goals.
Don’t stop taking any medications without your surgeon’s approval. Many diseases can improve with surgery and weight loss, but that doesn’t mean you should stop taking your medication. Talk to your physician prior to stopping any medications.
Don’t snack. Snacking is a habit that can slow your progress and hurt your long-term success. Stick to high-quality meals and avoid junk foods. If you are hungry, have a meal, but don’t snack between meals.
Protein, Protein, Protein! Protein should be your primary focus when sitting down for a meal. Not only will it help you maintain your muscle mass while losing fat, but it will also help you feel full longer after your meals.
Skip alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is full of empty calories that provide no nutritional value. It can also contribute to stomach ulcers, which you are already at risk for because of your surgery. Weight loss surgery also makes you more sensitive to alcohol than you were before, so a little goes a long way.
Chew and then chew some more. Chewing your food thoroughly is essential to preventing nausea and vomiting during and after your meal. Large chunks of food can have trouble passing through the digestive tract after surgery, and if it gets stuck along the way, it can cause pain.
Avoid pregnancy for the first 24 months after surgery. Your body will be in high weight-loss mode for at least a year after your surgery. During that time, supporting you and a baby would be unhealthy for you and disastrous for a developing fetus. If you are sexually active, use a reliable method of birth control, and consult your surgeon before attempting to become pregnant.
Find a support group. There are more than 140,000 people having weight-loss surgery each year, so people who have walked in your shoes are not hard to find. Not only do support groups offer emotional support, but they can also provide advice on the wide range of changes you are facing as you lose weight. Support groups are available in most areas that have a bariatric surgeon and are plentiful on the Internet.
Don’t take over-the-counter drugs without your surgeon’s approval. Over-the-counter drugs can pose risks after surgery that were not a concern prior to surgery. Pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen increase the likelihood that you will develop an ulcer. Remedies for constipation shouldn’t be taken without physician approval, as constipation can be a sign of complications or a need for a change in diet.
Listen to your body. Don’t eat if you aren’t hungry. Just because the clock says it is time for a meal, doesn’t mean you should eat one. Learn to listen to your smaller stomach and only eat when your body wants you to.

Kelly such a great post and so positive and supportive. Please be around for me if I hit rock botton.:hug99:

I can't offer any great pearls of wisdom because I am still a pre-0pper but what I can say is that for any pre opper the greatest fear (after not making it through the surgery) is that the bypass "wont work for me". None of us want to be "the one".

I think the others have given sound advice regarding food and water in particular. I know that on previous diets I have done water (and plenty of it) has always been central to my success, it has cleansing properties and as I guzzle it down I always visualise it washing away those pounds, I'm a visual creature so that vision helps me with consumption.

As a newbie your pics were amongst the first I saw and I thought you looked great! you are a beautiful works in progress, don't get disheartened, stick with it and the results will soon start to show in abundance!

I too would be gutted if after my surgery the weight did not shift as I hope it will, but what I have to keep telling myself is that I am going to make it work for me.

As I said, I'm a newbie to this particular forum but over the years have been a member of other forums and what I have gotten from them is some great friendships and invaluable support..... he who feels it knows it, and we are all on the same or very similar journeys. Folks here understand your fears and your frustration.

I'm glad that you are going to stick around for a while longer. Keep your chin up and stick with it hun.

Dear Tray, Please don't leave this site you have invaluable support on here. Read and absorb Kelly's post, Tackle that damn team and insist on an appointment, go to your GP and ask him to contact them. Bipolar is hard enough to cope with without all this extra turmoil. Don't want to patronising but have you had your medication reviewed since your operation? Like all the experts on here say let them have a look at you foods and give you some hints and tips. The weight WILL shift just hang on in there girl. You sound really low and I wish I could make it better for you. I am not an expert but have suffered severe depression for many years and your meds could be the problem here and you may be having a bad bipolar episode hunny. There is a lot of love on this site for you and we all need each other to get through this so stay connected and sound off as much as you want. WE UNDERSTAND!!!

Sending you a cuddle = get on that phone tomorrow - WHY - BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!

linski xxxx

Last edited:
ok , i guess after reading all your comments, im going to try and drink a lot more and maybe eat more . i know it sounds daft, but i think if i dont eat i will lose weight, so i feel guilty when i do eat, i have even started making myself sick if i eat, as i want to lose the weight . i have had bulima for a very long time , but it did go away , even when i was on a diet i wouldnt make myself sick any more, but old habits are comming back . and i dont like the demons, i dont know why im sayng all this, as i keep what i have and what i have been through to myself, but maybe because this is just a web site, i feel i can open up on here, i am only going to weigh myself once every so many weeks and oh well if i dont lose i guess thats just how it goes . being bipolar makes you think irrationally, but when u have calmed down you then think , pull yourself together u fool,, you know u can do this ..... well fingers crossed i can do it and will start to lose the weight again xxxxx

Thank you for being so wonderfully honest Tracey...

Maybe me and you could be wls buddies? We could support each other but maybe without the pressure of asking how much weight we've lost so that it doesn't feel like a competition? Maybe we could have a chat every day or so on FB and see how we both are doing weight wise. I know my little picker habits are coming back and they need kicking to the kerb NOW!

I think we could help each other a lot :) What do you say? No pressure wls buds or what? Let me know via FB or PM on here, i hate rejection in public :) xxx

ps, whoever said you looked wonderful earlier was so not lying, you really do look bloody marvellous x

pps, did i put too many kisses on that thread? have i mentioned i only bat for one side? jeez i hope nobody thinks i'm hitting on you cos you look good :) :) xx

** mental note to self, stop with the kisses grrr x

ppps oh buggar!!!!:8855:

Don’t drink calories. Your caloric intake will be very limited after surgery, which should help you lose weight. Don’t work against your surgery by taking in liquid calories that provide no nutrition and slow your weight loss. Make every calorie count by focusing on protein, fruits and vegetables.
Avoid sugar. Sugar is the ultimate empty calorie. Sugar will make your blood sugar climb, cause hunger pangs, provide no nutrients and, for patients of certain types of gastric bypass, cause dumping syndrome. Avoid sugar and any foods that list sugar in the first three ingredients, whenever possible.
Avoid carbonated drinks. The bubbly nature of carbonated drinks, such as soda, can cause gas pain and increase the pressure in your stomach, which can be harmful to staples and sutures, especially in the months immediately after your surgery.
Don’t drink fluids immediately before, during or after your meal. It is essential that you reserve the small amount of space you have in your stomach for high-quality, nutrient-rich food. Drinking before and during your meal will fill your stomach with fluid, instead of food, and drinking immediately after your surgery can “wash” food out of your stomach, making you feel hungry sooner. Separate food and fluid by at least a half an hour, whenever you can.
Keep your follow-up visits. After surgery, your progress will be closely monitored. Skipping appointments may mean that a nutritional deficiency, surgical complication or other issues may not be discovered in a timely manner. Also, appointments are a good motivator for staying on track with your goals.
Don’t stop taking any medications without your surgeon’s approval. Many diseases can improve with surgery and weight loss, but that doesn’t mean you should stop taking your medication. Talk to your physician prior to stopping any medications.
Don’t snack. Snacking is a habit that can slow your progress and hurt your long-term success. Stick to high-quality meals and avoid junk foods. If you are hungry, have a meal, but don’t snack between meals.
Protein, Protein, Protein! Protein should be your primary focus when sitting down for a meal. Not only will it help you maintain your muscle mass while losing fat, but it will also help you feel full longer after your meals.
Skip alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is full of empty calories that provide no nutritional value. It can also contribute to stomach ulcers, which you are already at risk for because of your surgery. Weight loss surgery also makes you more sensitive to alcohol than you were before, so a little goes a long way.
Chew and then chew some more. Chewing your food thoroughly is essential to preventing nausea and vomiting during and after your meal. Large chunks of food can have trouble passing through the digestive tract after surgery, and if it gets stuck along the way, it can cause pain.
Avoid pregnancy for the first 24 months after surgery. Your body will be in high weight-loss mode for at least a year after your surgery. During that time, supporting you and a baby would be unhealthy for you and disastrous for a developing fetus. If you are sexually active, use a reliable method of birth control, and consult your surgeon before attempting to become pregnant.
Find a support group. There are more than 140,000 people having weight-loss surgery each year, so people who have walked in your shoes are not hard to find. Not only do support groups offer emotional support, but they can also provide advice on the wide range of changes you are facing as you lose weight. Support groups are available in most areas that have a bariatric surgeon and are plentiful on the Internet.
Don’t take over-the-counter drugs without your surgeon’s approval. Over-the-counter drugs can pose risks after surgery that were not a concern prior to surgery. Pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen increase the likelihood that you will develop an ulcer. Remedies for constipation shouldn’t be taken without physician approval, as constipation can be a sign of complications or a need for a change in diet.
Listen to your body. Don’t eat if you aren’t hungry. Just because the clock says it is time for a meal, doesn’t mean you should eat one. Learn to listen to your smaller stomach and only eat when your body wants you to.

Thank you for being so wonderfully honest Tracey...

Maybe me and you could be wls buddies? We could support each other but maybe without the pressure of asking how much weight we've lost so that it doesn't feel like a competition? Maybe we could have a chat every day or so on FB and see how we both are doing weight wise. I know my little picker habits are coming back and they need kicking to the kerb NOW!

I think we could help each other a lot :) What do you say? No pressure wls buds or what? Let me know via FB or PM on here, i hate rejection in public :) xxx

ps, whoever said you looked wonderful earlier was so not lying, you really do look bloody marvellous x

pps, did i put too many kisses on that thread? have i mentioned i only bat for one side? jeez i hope nobody thinks i'm hitting on you cos you look good :) :) xx

** mental note to self, stop with the kisses grrr x

ppps oh buggar!!!!:8855:

Aw Jules you are truly a gift from God - you are on the money girl (just watched X Factor LOL)
Seriously lovely supportive post.

LinskiXXXX

Back