• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm worried about my desision!

Cheekygirl80

Hi all,
I have so many feelings going through my head and just need to know if others feel/felt the same!

I have been on my journey towards my sleeve for the past 18 months and finally my date is in sight, Ive had my Pre op and my next appt in next thurs with my op 2 weeks after that. Ekkkk excited!!

Well, now it's so close I'm questioning my decision, I'm very scared of dying!! (i have 2 children aged 6 and 3) So although I feel very well informed about the op the dying aspect is constantly on my mind. Then to make it worse when I told my best friend that I am going ahead, she has asked me to write a letter to my kids before I go in explaining why I did it just in case I don't come out!!!

Please please if you have felt similar or have any info that might help put my mind at ease, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Xox

The chances of actually dieing are very very small, You hardly ever hear of people dieing from the surgery, i have only heard of 1 person dieing and that was from the person not being able to eat. I was over 34 stone when i was operated on and im still here to tell the tale.

Your feelings are perfectly natural!, I wrote letters to all 3 of my children just incase but I live to tell the tale. I was really bad leading up to my op and I sobbed all the way down to theatre but the staff reasured me I would be fine and they were right you will be fine aswell xx

oh honey, i read this all the time, and i know im going to be exactly the same when my time comes. Imagine how you will feel in the summer and xmas if you dont go ahead, and everyone is wearing lovely clothes, and you're in a tent as usual :( Of course there are very ocassionaly fatalities, but they are usually people who have underlying serious illnesses anyway. Also many people write letters just in case. But you will be fine honey, embrace your new life, and enjoy the extra time you will have with your children and family :) good luck sweet xxx

I was the same and im sure everyone has the same feelings hun xx
Lets put it this way i had major surgery at 27 stone (hystorectomy for cancer) and i came through fine and this time i was 22 stone and was fine so you will be ok and it will be the best thing you can do for your children to be around longer for them and be able to do things with them, keep calm and aim for the stars hun xxxxxxxxx

Thanks you everyone, I was really hoping that that's what you would say, I feel like an obsessed mad women at the moment!! But that makes me feel better, should have posted this last night then maybe I would have slept better lol x

oh honey, i read this all the time, and i know im going to be exactly the same when my time comes. Imagine how you will feel in the summer and xmas if you dont go ahead, and everyone is wearing lovely clothes, and you're in a tent as usual :( Of course there are very ocassionaly fatalities, but they are usually people who have underlying serious illnesses anyway. Also many people write letters just in case. But you will be fine honey, embrace your new life, and enjoy the extra time you will have with your children and family :) good luck sweet xxx

Beautifully put Caren, We all go through this, brains running at overtime always finding the down side....just remember you've probably been fighting for the last 18months....don't let you silly head stop you going through with the best decision you'll ever make.

Yes there is a slight risk to having the operation but in most of our cases on here theres an even bigger risk without the op.

It never occured to me to write to my girls, they know about the op, know how much I love them and didn't feel the need...but lots on here did write letters....they wouldn't have been legible if I'd done them....all those tear stains!!!!!!!

Chin up...you'll soon be looking back at this post wondering what all the fuss was about x:):)

I'm not scared of dying, if that happens then it was obviously my time to go.

What I am afraid of is non-acceptance once I loose weight.

I'm very prominant around fat acceptance circles and I run a store that mainly caters to plus size women. I love being a big girl, it fits my personality so well. I've recently come to terms with being big and accept myself. I have to have the op for health reasons rather than wanting to be thinner.

So my fear is that people will stop respecting me because i will no longer be plus size.

I'm hoping I can stay curvacious at least post op.

I'm not scared of dying, if that happens then it was obviously my time to go.

What I am afraid of is non-acceptance once I loose weight.

I'm very prominant around fat acceptance circles and I run a store that mainly caters to plus size women. I love being a big girl, it fits my personality so well. I've recently come to terms with being big and accept myself. I have to have the op for health reasons rather than wanting to be thinner.

So my fear is that people will stop respecting me because i will no longer be plus size.

I'm hoping I can stay curvacious at least post op.
Really? well the people you mix with know what its like to be ostracised because of your size, so hopefully they wont do that to you once you lose weight xxx

Really? well the people you mix with know what its like to be ostracised because of your size, so hopefully they wont do that to you once you lose weight xxx

It's probably an unfounded fear, but people are so mean whether you're thin or fat. One of the things I see on certain forums is a lot of thin hate, which upsets me just as much as fat hate. I'm a little scared that once I slim down that people will think I'm a fake for running a plus size store, or that I'm a fake for getting surgery instead of accepting being fat.

The fat acceptance movement is a double edged sword at times.

But you're probably right, i'm worrying for no reason.

Back