• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Immune system??

thistlegirl

Hi guys
I'm 2wks post op and just got a horrible sore throat :(
It made me start thinking if your immune system is affected by the op, malabsorption etc.
Despite being obese I was/am pretty healthy. Just hope I'm not gonna be prone to lots of illnesses.....

ta gilx

I think at this stage it's a side issue of any major op ..the body is putting all it's energy into healing up. However I do think that our immune systems take a bit of a slide later on in our first year due to malabsorbancy and the stresses of dieting . One of the reasons why it's imperative that we keep on top of those vitamins and minerals ;)

Hi. I'm 6 months out and so far found that my immune system seems better than ever. Since my op (touch wood) I haven't had as much as a sniffle (even when my whole family have had illnesses). I put it down to the vitamins I religiously now take ..

Or maybe I've just been lucky ?

Thanks Frances. Just started to feel better after the op and then was hit with this infection :-(

Just realising - I think we share the same surgeon- how fab is Mr Stuart? :)

gilx

Hey Needtofeel
That's good to hear - maybe it'll stop me feeling like a hypochondriac hehe. I just feel so battered and bruised at the moment (literally!)
gilx

Hahaha he is indeed ... A true gent. I want to hug him every time I see him hehe

I had a bypass in July last year.

I am constantly ill at the moment... in Feb alone I had 2x kidney infections and tonsillitis.

I had bloods done yesterday to see if they can find the cause!

Back