• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Inspiration/ advice please everyone

jenniec

HI as a few of you know in off to Prague in October for a gastric wrap with the great Dr Hruby, I'm not nervous one little bit about going (even though I ve never even been out of the country alone lol) there's just 1 thing that I'm afraid of... Of course I know the procedure is only a tool and I'm totally committed to putting in the hard work but I can't help worrying that I'm not going to loose any weight!! I ve not told a lot of people that I'm going to be having the op, just obviously my partner and a few close family and friends, but I really don't want to let anyone down!!

To be honest I'm not even really sure why I'm even posting this, I think I just need a bit of a vent!! Has anybody else felt like this before or is it just me being silly??? I ve tried so many diets in the past where I lose a little weight, stop and pile it all back on and more beside!!! Just really really want this to work :) x x

HI as a few of you know in off to Prague in October for a gastric wrap with the great Dr Hruby, I'm not nervous one little bit about going (even though I ve never even been out of the country alone lol) there's just 1 thing that I'm afraid of... Of course I know the procedure is only a tool and I'm totally committed to putting in the hard work but I can't help worrying that I'm not going to loose any weight!! I ve not told a lot of people that I'm going to be having the op, just obviously my partner and a few close family and friends, but I really don't want to let anyone down!!

To be honest I'm not even really sure why I'm even posting this, I think I just need a bit of a vent!! Has anybody else felt like this before or is it just me being silly??? I ve tried so many diets in the past where I lose a little weight, stop and pile it all back on and more beside!!! Just really really want this to work :) x x
I am struggling to get 1000 calories in and still worry about not losing weight. I too have had so many failures and spent so much money on diets it does seem to be so untrue. Even so I have never found it so easy to diet, just need to get more exercise in

Thanks angee, your doing so well!!! I just don't want to let myself and my family down, think I just need to start thinking more positive!!! X x

I feel exactly the same. I'm going novenmer. It was a big decision. Thought at first I was gonni die, made piece with that now my worried is my pre op going to be ok and op go ahead and will it work? ??? Think we all just want it so bad thinking of all negative aspects. U will be great so will I, and we will comparing losses soon. Go girl xx

I know I'm early days but I can honestly say that the wrap was the best thing I have ever done!
I'm just starting to sit down to soft meals rather than mush, and the change in the way I look at food now is amazing and it might sound gushing but it is honestly life altering!
I look at what I am about to eat and thing 'there is no way that will fill me' but I also think, 'chew it well' and after every mouthful think 'am I satisfied'?
I could have told myself this a million times pre op and I will always have thought 'well I can fit a bit more' or 'what a waste to leave that' but the wrap makes me feel satisfied after a couple of mouthfuls especially if I chew my food well and I honestly don't want to put another mouthful in. The feeling leaving tasty food on my plate is more of a problem so what I do is tub it up for the fridge or freezer, but rather than putting it away straight away, I go to it a while later and think 'I won't want that again for a while' and always end up giving it to the dog! I think leaving the decision of what to do with the food until I'm away for the meal time table allows me to make a more informed decision and stops me from having just one more mouthful. It was never a conscious decision to do this, tbh I've only realised I do it whilst writing this, but I do it all the time and I'm actually proud of myself for my restraint........but it's honestly really easy!

I do still have the feelings of fear that this won't last, but I have already changed so many of my thought process around food, including comfort eating, that I think it will be very hard to go back.

Aww lynz, that's so true, this really is a last resort for me, I'm sure we are really both gonna be fine, this time next year we will both be skinnie Minnie's wondering what exactly we were worried about ;) x x

Thankyou so much Sara for your post, it made so much sense, you really are an inspiration to all us pre wrappers :) well done for doing so well x x

Awww thanks jenniec and angee.
I write on here mainly because something hits a chord and because I get so much inspiration from others posts, but it's lovely to know that people appriciate it! :)

Awww thanks jenniec and angee.
I write on here mainly because something hits a chord and because I get so much inspiration from others posts, but it's lovely to know that people appriciate it! :)
Wow you are certainly doing well with your weight loss
Good for you

Back