• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

introducing myself

bigkevb

hi , my name is kev . i live in burton on trent and under mr ahmed at derby royal , not sure on my surgery as mr ahmed wants to make the decision between the bypass or the sleeve when i go for my pre-op . i have the date for my surgery 12/5/11 so not long left to wait now ........

i have been with my partner for 17 yrs and have 3 lovely girls with her aged 16,9 and 2 and a grandson 6 months . life is always a struggle but we manage to live comfortably .

my mine targets after the surgery is first get back to work , secondly have driving lessons and finally enjoy life to the fullest again........

and get as much fishing done as possible :)

hope to hear off people in and around the midlands as i dont know anyone personally that has had any surgery so i cant ask any questions so i'll be asking a few on here ........be good

Hi Kev, hello, welcome and hoping the forum may help you along... just wanting to wish you all the very best of everything on your wls journey!

Love and hugs xxx

I wish you all the best on your WLS journey xx Hope you enjoy being on the forum

Hi Kev, I won't call you big because I'm sure pretty soon you will be normal kev lol.
If anybody called me big lynne i would cry:cry:

I love your goals and aspirations and wish you all the best in reaching them. Goals and aspirations would be a smashing title for a thread.
Lynne xx

Hi Kevin . . . welcome to the forum. It would be helpful to others if you completed the information which appears to the left of the screen - current weight and so on. Much of the advice given is based on your current weight and BMI so the more information the merrier. . . I am under the Knife on the 5th April so any questions about my journey thus far just ask . . .

Welcome to the nut house ha good luck on your journey x

Welcome Kev, you are in the right place for support and knowledge along with lots of TLC. Good luck with your journey. Someone will be along soon who attend DERBY.

linski xx

Hello and welcome. I am sure you'll find this a really great place for support and advice - I certainly have.

Hi Kev welcome to the fun factory.

Hi Kev and welcome to the forum :) I am also new here. Congratulations on your surgery date :) How long did you have to wait from the time you seen your surgeon until the time you got your date? There is a support group tonight @ royal derby at 7pm. You should go down.. I am going to be going over tonight to for the first time to see what it is like :)

its a long story about how long i had to wait . i got turned down for funding in november 09 and on appeal in april 10 . if it wasnt for the local paper (Burton News & Staffordshire Newspaper | Burton On Trent Local Newspaper Headlines | Daily Mail | 31-stone man '100 yards from help')

i contacted john wickes who told me to see my gp and get a up to date blood test and he'll review the situation . how ever on the blood test oct 10 i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so i matched s.s.p.c.t 's criteria . i had a appointment with mr ahmed at the start of december and got put straight on the waiting list .....

as for the support group i dont drive so cant get there i'm afraid

Hi Kevin, I wondered where you'd gone.
I'm glad you got funding sorted. Stay strong till its all sorted out and hopefully lets see you post a bit more.
Thanks for posting the newspaper link.
Lynne x

Back