• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this a lot....???

kateyloo

I am almost 2 weeks post op now, still on fluids only and tonight I feel like I have consumed a hell of a lot......

Between 7 and 10pm I have had - 1 glass of tomato juice (approx 200ml) - 1 tin of minestrone soup (with the bits strained) - 1 muller light yogurt (vanilla) - 1 carton of Chocolate Alpro Soya (250ml) as well as sipping my bottle of water...... I feel ok, maybe a little bit windy, does this sound like a lot or is this the norm? xx

It does sound like quite a lot to me. I certainly couldn't have managed that much, but I was on purree straight away.
What does your provider suggest you have?

It just says to try and have between 2.5 and 3 litres of fluids a day - I did suffer a few cravings tonight because a friend came over and had chicken and chips with my partner so maybe that is why I have over indulged a little :( - the rest of the day I had 2 protein shakes (both made with approx 200ml of semi skimmed milk) and a one person tin of tom soup (300ml) so I suppose when you add it all together it's about right.... I can't wait to get onto soft foods! lol xx

To me it also sounds a lot... It is very easy to consume liquid calories. So be careful.

MMMMMMMMMMM I agree with what the others have said. Plan your liquid foods around meal times (5-6 small meals a day?) and consume NAS squash, water etc in between times.
I completely get how you would want to 'eat' more because others were eating around you. I remember feeling really upset and grief stricken in the first few weeks post-op when the rest of my family were eating 'proper' food and I couldn't.
But this stage doesn't last for ever, so hang on in there.....there is normality post-surgery (albeit in smaller quantities!) ...just not yet!
Hugs, Grace xxx

I just happen to have found my gastric sleeve specific information :)

Stage 1, clear fluids it says strat with sips of water then build up to slow, 25-30ml drinks frequently.

Stage 2, Small frequent meals, 4-6 a day. 2 litres of fluid a day.

This is a diet plan for stage 2 liquid/Smooth blended

Breakfast 2-3 tbsp weetabix etc
1 very soft cooked scrambled egg
50mls diluted frui juice

Mid morning 200mls semi skimmed milk

Lunch is a 25g piece of fish/meat etc blended smooth
1tbsp mash
1tbsp veg

(All blended smooth)

Mid afternoon 1 yoghurt etc or 3 tbsp smooth low fat custard

Evening meal same as lunch

Back