• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this pain from being sewed up???

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
hello everyone
Had my sleeve 19 days ago and im suffering from pain in my abdomen, lower left side, i can only describe it as velcro being pulled apart?? and cant lift my left leg very high to put on my trousers as that hurts my tummy. Also got lower backache but im pain free laying in bed.
Surgeon told me he had to sew up my stomach muscles where he removed my excess stomach, could that be whats causing the pain??
Anyone else experienced anything like this and if so when did you heal properly
Kim

Raynebubble

Hun have you done some lifting, you could of pulled something... but i had a bypass so i cant really say hun.. i think you need to contact your hosital/clinic or speak to a doctor.... just rest as much as you can for now hun xx

janebell

get some advice from ya medical team hun and i hope ya feeling a lot better soon x

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
I also had a bypass, but did have the exact same pain up to having my staples out. Even now when I bend over I get the stitch like pain. I was told it was deep muscle pain from the op. You could speak to you team though, just for reassurance. Hope it goes away soon, sweetie xxx :):)

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Yes i did do a bit of lifting,took the hoover upstairs a week after i got out, and thinking about it the pain started a couple of days later. Stupid i know but i felt really good then. Will phone hospital tuseday
Thanks Kim

Raynebubble

I went out about 10 days after my op and i stacked a few chairs.. omg did i regret it the next day... had a niggling ache everytime i bent down... so it could be that hun.. it did wear off after a couple of days... but still call your medical team hun, thats what they are there for xxx

mariew

I went cleaned some windows and moved a metal bench 2 weeks after my bypass and then had the exact same pain. It was there almost every time i did anything till I was 4 weeks out. The other day, 5 and a half weeks I was hurrying to get somewhere and it came back briefly, it feels exactly like a stitch you get when you've been running x

Ruthiep

Yes i did do a bit of lifting,took the hoover upstairs a week after i got out, and thinking about it the pain started a couple of days later. Stupid i know but i felt really good then. Will phone hospital tuseday
Thanks Kim

Yes we are told not to do hoovering...that's probably it. Keep us posted as to what the hospital say about it!

Having said that, my big incision did bother me for quite some time, and then the others started itching me like mad...so it's all par for the course.

Last edited:

luckyla

hello everyone
Had my sleeve 19 days ago and im suffering from pain in my abdomen, lower left side, i can only describe it as velcro being pulled apart?? and cant lift my left leg very high to put on my trousers as that hurts my tummy. Also got lower backache but im pain free laying in bed.
Surgeon told me he had to sew up my stomach muscles where he removed my excess stomach, could that be whats causing the pain??
Anyone else experienced anything like this and if so when did you heal properly
Kim

Hi Kim

I too had a sleeve done on 21/05/2011.
I was in a great deal of pain and discomfort for about 4-6 weeks after surgery. I had to sleep on my back for about a month which I never do!
By the time I went back to work which was about 8 weeks after surgery the pain had gone. It does get better :) and I don't think you've got anything to worry about xx

mayamoo

No heavy lifting!!! Nurses and drs told me not to lift more than a jug of water! It's a maaaaaaajor op you have had, let your bodies heal :) xx