• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

Hi squirl, just popping in to say hello and good luck. Seems like you're getting into the right mindset. I'm sure Fred will sort you out, he's a sweetie!

Thanks Florabell, he was very nice (and easy on the eye :flirt2:) when I met him in London last month.

How's things going for you now, I guess you're still on puree??

Not long till we're both on the losers bench, I will look out for you on the other side

He is very easy on the eye! I'm on a mixed sort of diet now, I seem to be tolerating everything well x

:) That's good news Florabell, hope all keeps ticking along nicely

Thought it was about time I posted here again, haven't really got much to say though..... Spending time getting rid of the things I won't be eating or drinking after the next 2 weeks are up and I go on the lsd for the last 2 weeks before my op.

Can't quite believe that it's only 4 weeks today until I go under the knife and start my new (healthy) life :D

Good luck Squirl!!!

I'm really pleased you're doing so well...you seem totally in the zone for this :)

I look forward to your continued daily updates.

What surgery have you opted for?! Xxx

Thanks Sophina, I am feeling ridiculously positive at the moment :D

I'm having the mini gastric bypass and can't wait to start my new life.

Must go into town later and try to get some jogging bottoms to keep my tummy comfortable for the journey home after the surgery

So pleased your doing so well, how much are you wanting to lose?!

I bet you've lost a bit already doing this pre op xxx

I'd like to lose 6 stone but will be happy with 5 from now.

I've lost just over a stone so far (helped by a tummy bug at the start!)

If your anything like me Squirl, you could easily lose a stone on the LSD diet, its a pre-op bonus.
A pillow is handy for travelling home post op, something to protect your stomach from seat belts etc, Not sure if your flying or what

I'll be getting the Eurostar both ways so shouldn't have to worry about seat belts once I get out of the taxi from the hotel back to the station.

Losing a stone pre-op would be fantastic, the best possible start to the journey

Well, having eaten far too much rubbish yesterday (and feeling pretty bleugh afterwards) I've eaten far better and far less today and feel so much better! I think there's a clue there....

I've decided that as the coming week is my last before I start the pre-op diet, I'm going to eat anything I want to and just make sure the portions are small. Right now I have no interest in eating chocolate which has always been one of my major downfalls in the past.

One dinner I'm really looking forward to is the Devon dish of hogs pudding, I doubt many of you will have heard of it let alone tried it :) but it is one thing I will really miss. It will be so worth it though.

I've got my travel kettle now and a supply of peppermint tea along with my multi-vitamins and nas squash drops, the jogging trousers are on their way so I think I'm nearly ready (and getting more excited by the day!) I think if I was a dog I'd need 2 tails to wag :D

Well, having eaten far too much rubbish yesterday (and feeling pretty bleugh afterwards) I've eaten far better and far less today and feel so much better! I think there's a clue there.... I've decided that as the coming week is my last before I start the pre-op diet, I'm going to eat anything I want to and just make sure the portions are small. Right now I have no interest in eating chocolate which has always been one of my major downfalls in the past. One dinner I'm really looking forward to is the Devon dish of hogs pudding, I doubt many of you will have heard of it let alone tried it :) but it is one thing I will really miss. It will be so worth it though. I've got my travel kettle now and a supply of peppermint tea along with my multi-vitamins and nas squash drops, the jogging trousers are on their way so I think I'm nearly ready (and getting more excited by the day!) I think if I was a dog I'd need 2 tails to wag :D

Bring some soluble paracetamol too for back at hotel
You get 4 from hospital but I had awful headache and back pain so had in night
Bring Dutch biscuits too if you can for snacks on hotel days
Just having little walk to get some x

Also, I was typing that quickly as was about to go for a walk, then the heavens opened.
You get a sheet with eating instructions, first 2 weeks is liquid, I brought some cup a soups, and fruit tea (I can't drink regular tea) in hospital you get dutch biscuit lo cal marg and sugar free jam, then soup, lunch, another dutch biscuit with different jam, then I was discharged, first day in hospital, you are nil by mouth until after barium x ray, then sips water, Back in hotel, I had a chicken noodle cup a soup and fished out the noodles.
Today, I had a 0% fat yoghurt, 15 min break then fruit tea which you have to drink over 20 mins
So am off to the carrefour store for dutch biscuit and lo fat cheese spread for my mid morning, afternoon and evening snacks, with soups for lunch and tea
I'll put this on the Belgium thread as well. There is a LIDL but they don't have the dutch biscuits
Hope that helps Squirl xx

Wendy you're an angel, I can't thank you enough for all the information you've passed on for me. I'm going to print all this out so I've got the info in front of me and I can tick off all the items as I get them

It sounds like you're recovering well, long may it continue

Awe no problem at all, I got tons off florabell and punkiefairy, it's essential!
Is someone coming with you?
we have roughly the same to lose and can be WL buddies xx

I'd love to be your wl buddy Wendy :) we can help each other all the way along

My hubby's coming with me (he had to get a passport so he could come along) so I won't be alone

I'm so glad I found this forum, everyone's so lovely, and so helpful too

thats brill, we def will help each other and glad your hubby is going to be with you, hats off to anyone who has braved it alone, I was really glad to have him coming in at visiting and to be in hotel
that's good x

Back