• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

thats brill, we def will help each other and glad your hubby is going to be with you, hats off to anyone who has braved it alone, I was really glad to have him coming in at visiting and to be in hotel that's good x

What has your other half been doing while you were in hospital? Any recommendations? Mine is talking about going to Ypes to see war graves, think I'd rather be in hospital lol

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

If irc, weegie's family went off and did some trips whilst she was in x

Yep, I am definitely weird...no nerves before I went and glad to be on my own, can't be doing with lots of fussing lol

Lynn x

You will be well prepared and well looked after Hun. The only advice I can add is don't take aspirin and if you see Sabrina coming towards you with a needle throw your drain at her x

Cankster you're lovely! I really appreciate the info (and from your other posts). I will certainly keep my Sabrina scanner on red alert at all times :thankyou:

Aww cheers Hun x

You will be well prepared and well looked after Hun. The only advice I can add is don't take aspirin and if you see Sabrina coming towards you with a needle throw your drain at her x
Stil lmao x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

you and me both Mrsb1

If irc, weegie's family went off and did some trips whilst she was in x

Yes we hired a car, got a really cheap deal at £58 for the 5 days lol. They used this to go to Ypres and Arras. Seemed a bit daft them both sitting around doing he haw when we had paid all that extra for the additional flight and hotel room. I told them I just needed them as sherpas :D

Of course this meant no one met us at the airport and we got lost.

Haven't posted on here for a few days as nothing's really happened. I've been enjoying eating all my 'lasts' apart from the chocolate! So that's one thing I won't miss :D.

Looking forward to starting my lsd on Monday, how positive I'll be by the end of the first couple of days of milk and yoghurt is anyone's guess but the supplies are here now and sitting in the fridge waiting for me

Haven't posted on here for a few days as nothing's really happened. I've been enjoying eating all my 'lasts' apart from the chocolate! So that's one thing I won't miss :D. Looking forward to starting my lsd on Monday, how positive I'll be by the end of the first couple of days of milk and yoghurt is anyone's guess but the supplies are here now and sitting in the fridge waiting for me

It's a thought to start , I had a weekend of tears and snotters before but actually it's ok once you get over first couple of days. Good luck xxx we are nearly there

You'll be fine
Wonder why we've all gone extreme when Fred says lo fat lo carb no alcohol
Good luck both of you xx
Not long now - it will go so quick

It's a thought to start , I had a weekend of tears and snotters before but actually it's ok once you get over first couple of days. Good luck xxx we are nearly there
we are nearly there :D just over 2 weeks for me

You'll be fine
Wonder why we've all gone extreme when Fred says lo fat lo carb no alcohol
Good luck both of you xx
Not long now - it will go so quick
I know what you mean Wendy, I think for me if I'm avoiding solid food I'm less likely to even think about cheating and hoping it'll set me up nicely for the liquid stage post-op.

I think the next 2 weeks will be interesting to say the least...

I know what you mean Wendy, I think for me if I'm avoiding solid food I'm less likely to even think about cheating and hoping it'll set me up nicely for the liquid stage post-op. I think the next 2 weeks will be interesting to say the least...

I thought that trying exante but felt so weak I ended up with fish or grilled chicken with tray roasted veg or salad
It worked
Don't forget there's a fortnight of liquids after then purée
Enjoy a salad if you like it's hard this liquid part
I want to chew but scales getting me through it x

You'll be fine Wonder why we've all gone extreme when Fred says lo fat lo carb no alcohol Good luck both of you xx Not long now - it will go so quick

You are both very brave. I really enjoyed the food on my pre-op :). Didn't lose much mind but did low fat low carb and savoured every mouthful.

I'd enjoy your food while you can - do low carb like they suggest. Liquids is grim enough after the op xx

Thanks all for the advice, I'll certainly change things if I can't cope for the next 2 weeks, no point in being silly and stubborn about it :)

I can't believe how quickly this is happening now, it feels like only a few days ago I made the appointment to meet Fred in London and 2 weeks today I'll be getting the Eurostar across to Belgium! The only possible complication now is scarring from an open gall bladder removal 12 years ago but Fred didn't think it should be a problem (I haven't opted out of the nhs pathway yet just in case BSS can't do it) so I'm still 100% positive :D

On another positive note my daughter is speaking to me again - YES!! We're not talking about the surgery but at least we're not ignoring each other now :D:D:D

Squirl I must've missed the bit about your daughter not speaking to you.

I haven't told anyone about mine, for that very reason that people will disapprove/try to talk me out of it ?

Back