• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its hard for others to understand!

leedsburr

Pre op completed

Hi All,

Had my pre op completed this morning and Nuffield Hospital in leeds and everything looks to be ok. The only thing they have to wait for is the blood test results but everything else is good to go!

18 March is my op date... so from Tuesday coming im on a 800-1000 Calorie diet for 2 weeks. I dont think i will have a problem doing that..

:wave_cry: to binge eating and :flirt2: to the new me!

Good luck with it all xx

wishing you all the best

Start Pre op today 4/3/14

So, two weeks from today i will be on the doctors slab so to speak...... (Me, Drama queen... much!)

I have started my pre op diet this morning......

My day in food is this....
Breakfast
2x Weetabix with 150 ml of milk & black tea
Lunch
1 egg boiled, lettuce, cress, and 2 slices of chicken breast broken up
Dinner
200g baby new potatoes with half a tin of tuna

Lots and lots of water

........ Thankfully i dont have to do the liquid only diet and im happy to share the diet plan i have if anyone wants it.

Excitement has kicked in now and i went for a nice meal last night, which i did enjoy but was trying to eat it 20/20/20 and found it very very difficult.

Work know im going for an op but dont know its the band.... i dont mind telling people after ive had it and have lost some weight, but at the moment i dont want anyone to judge me

So, two weeks from today i will be on the doctors slab so to speak...... (Me, Drama queen... much!)

I have started my pre op diet this morning......

My day in food is this....
Breakfast
2x Weetabix with 150 ml of milk & black tea
Lunch
1 egg boiled, lettuce, cress, and 2 slices of chicken breast broken up
Dinner
200g baby new potatoes with half a tin of tuna

Lots and lots of water

........ Thankfully i dont have to do the liquid only diet and im happy to share the diet plan i have if anyone wants it.

Excitement has kicked in now and i went for a nice meal last night, which i did enjoy but was trying to eat it 20/20/20 and found it very very difficult.

Work know im going for an op but dont know its the band.... i dont mind telling people after ive had it and have lost some weight, but at the moment i dont want anyone to judge me

Good luck on your pre op hun its all getting a bit real now :) I was lucky like you didn't have to do the milk diet (intolerant) but it had the same effect, a nicely shrunk liver LOL So this time 2 weeks you'll be done and dusted :) wishing you all the best.
There is a march oppers thread around, several others having their op this month, its nice to have some support x x x x

good luck :) my provider didn't suggest the milk diet, but I followed it by choice, helped immensely with my mindset for my band. Won't be long now though :)

Thanks :) I'm really excited about it. My total calories yesterday only amounted to 600... Dietician said aim for 800-1000

I'm working from home today, so I can experiment a little more with the things I can prepare.

2 weeks today I should be getting home, all being well.... Feels like yesterday when I booked it!!

Hi All,

Ive struggled with my weight since i was a teenager so now in my early thirties when i had the opportunity to have this op I'm going for it. Booked 18th March in Nuffield Leeds. :eek:

My Partner doesn't have any issues with his weight, and altho is supportive of me having the band fitted, doesn't really get it.

Now that I've been doing the pre op diet (Food one) for the last 4 days, i had kinda excepted a little more support from him. Sadly it isn't really the case. He maybe doesn't realise that he's doing it but he's eating all the nice things that i enjoy, in front of me and its kinda frustrating......

While i was having my healthy food tonight he came home with Fish and Chips for himself..... like Grrrrr.... :mad:

If you all think I'm just being silly feel free to throw me a virtual slap... but thanks for letting me Vent!

You're not silly, but its a feeling you need to get used to. You are chosing to change the way you eat for the rest of your life and not everyone will choose to change with you. The good news is, you've coped this time, and you will do again. Well done you for resisting.

Yea I'm sure i will get used to it. Ive been so so well behaved through the diet so far... not even been tempted to deviate at all....

You will find it becomes less of a struggle as the weeks go on, and now i find it so empowering to say actually i don't want or need it. My hubby was the same pre op bringing home crisps and biscuits and stopping at mc donalds for lunch, but by the time i was a week or so into my pre op my mind was in this fantastic space where it really didn't bother me in the slightest. Tonight i have just had my first mash food (post op 4weeks) i had jacket potato and beans and hubby had the same and said 'this is the best meal i've had in weeks' LOL :) I wish you luck hun wd on not being tempted either x x x

Thanks Crystalrainbow,

Post 4 weeks eh! everyday i get more and more excited about it...

How do you feel after the op? are you conscious of the band being there when sleeping/resting?

Am feeling amazingly well hun :) Op day i cried my eyes out when i came round, wondering what the hell i'd just done to myself LOL I was home that evening and was uncomfortable more than anything. Didn't have to take pain medication until day 3 , and that was for wind pain. I slept propped up for few days on sofa, and just felt generally yuck, but a week post op i started to pick up and felt much brighter, and got more mobile. for me the worst bit was the injections (but hubby did them for me) and the stockings Grrrr 3 weeks post op felt fine just itchy painful scars and of coures tummy still felt very swollen inside, but now 4 weeks post am fantastic, i slept last night all night on my right side (my left side still pulls a bit) which was heavenly :) and this evening i've just had my first real meal with texture!!! I did 2 weeks pre op diet and since the start pre op included i've lost almost 3 stone (39lb to be exact) and today i've walked 5 miles now i could'nt have done that 6 weeks ago :) Hope that helps some hun, any questions anytime, happy to help if i can x x x

Thats incredible! You are doing really well.... I can't wait now... i know its a journey and it will take patience but I'm in it for the long haul....

I think i will find sleeping on my back a bit strange as i tend to sleep on my right side but as long as its just for a while i can cope with it....

I just look forward to being able to buy clothes off the peg instead of going to Jacamo or big shops!

Really tho... 3 Stone off in 6 weeks that is fantastic... Very very well done!!

Thats incredible! You are doing really well.... I can't wait now... i know its a journey and it will take patience but I'm in it for the long haul....

I think i will find sleeping on my back a bit strange as i tend to sleep on my right side but as long as its just for a while i can cope with it....

I just look forward to being able to buy clothes off the peg instead of going to Jacamo or big shops!

Really tho... 3 Stone off in 6 weeks that is fantastic... Very very well done!!

Thank you :) The mindset helps a great deal, knowing this is a life changer rather than a quick fix ...... i thought sleeping on back was going to be odd but have managed really well considering lol It just came very natural in the end. Am still propped up more than i used to sleep + i lay on hot water bottle as wind still rattles around occasionally :eek:
I wish you all the very best, am sure you will do grand...... keep in touch and let us know how your doing ................. or if you need advise or a rant :D x x x x it will all be worth it in the end

So, two weeks from today i will be on the doctors slab so to speak...... (Me, Drama queen... much!) I have started my pre op diet this morning...... My day in food is this.... Breakfast 2x Weetabix with 150 ml of milk & black tea Lunch 1 egg boiled, lettuce, cress, and 2 slices of chicken breast broken up Dinner 200g baby new potatoes with half a tin of tuna Lots and lots of water ........ Thankfully i dont have to do the liquid only diet and im happy to share the diet plan i have if anyone wants it. Excitement has kicked in now and i went for a nice meal last night, which i did enjoy but was trying to eat it 20/20/20 and found it very very difficult. Work know im going for an op but dont know its the band.... i dont mind telling people after ive had it and have lost some weight, but at the moment i dont want anyone to judge me

Hi I have only told my closest friends but apart from that I haven't told anyone as like you I don't want to be judge . I've been on liquid diet for 2 weeks after having op . Still struggling to get my calories in me but nearly at the end of these 2 weeks . What ever you have you'll be great after . I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing what you have done and how your doing .n?.

I didn't miss solid food first to weeks then went onto purée which this last week has been hard . I've just had my first soft food tonight which was shepherds pie only 3 tablespoons but I really enjoyed it . x

Back