• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its really happening.............

Spikeyjaycee

Well after almost 20 months, my operation date is almost here. I got the official letter today. Pre-op is this Friday, 15th at 12.30pm (anyone else going?) and bypass is Thursday 4 Feb with Chris Pring. Anyone had experience of him?
The nerves have started to kick in. I read with interest another post on here about what happens on the day of the op. I have to be there for 7.30am. Now we are hoping my mother-in-law will come and stay and drive us there that morning but as a back up we also looked at the train. The first one is at 5.32am and arrives at Chichester at 7.12am. Add on a 10-15 min taxi journey and I guess it would be cutting it a bit fine! Do you have to be there right on the dot of 7.30 or is there some flexibility? Other thought was getting to Chichester the day before and staying overnite at a Travelodge or Premier Inn. Any thoughts?
Thanks as always!:eek:

really pleased for you hun.

No experience of chichester, but if its a choice of be a couple of minutes late, or have to pay out for a hotel then it might be worth a call to the hospital to explain the situation. Im sure if they know you are going to be a couple of minutes late they can accomodate you.

taxi from chi to hospital. five mins hun isnt far at all xxx

taxis are right outside train station.x

Many congratulations on your op date!

Hey hun,
Had a quick look at hotels and it'd only cost 32 pounds (Travelodge). It is five miles away though. Guess it depends whether you feel you'd be more comfortable travelling in the morning or day before. I'm not great at travelling far in the morning if I know I have to be somewhere at a certain time!! Any slight delays stresses me out completely!! I'm sure the hospital wouldn't mind you being a few minutes late though! Maybe just give them a quick call!

Good luck!!! Not long now!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Very pleased your got your date and it is only natural for the nerves to kick in.

It wont be long for you know and as we are having our surgery around the same time (19th Jan for me) I am looking forward to comparing notes on recovery and weight loss afterwards.

Good luck. x

Congratulations on getting your date at last you have waited for so long. I would be tempted to stay the night before so your blood pressure doesn't go up if you are delayed in any way. Good luck.

Yay you got a date, congratulations. I would probably want to stay in Chichester the night before but thats just me lol.

when i had my op at st richards i was first to arrive the others that were having their ops arrived anything up to eight o clock, im sure if you ring and say you may be delayed by 15-20 mins they will be very understanding, and i wish you the best of luck with your operation.

Back