• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

itv 1 weight loss ward showing at 11 pm july 30 2014

los in it

Might have been on tv before but maybe worth seeing again in case anyone missed it

I watched it last week and have recorded it this week ...

I'm not sure id recommend it to pre oppers... Last week they showed the surgery in detail... Or maybe that's just me being squeamish lol

I just watched it, was a little upset that those who have got funding for surgery have went back to their old eating habits!!

Banana I don't have any sympathy for them, I'd love to get my surgery done on the NHS I'd be so grateful. I hope I don't sound horrible but if they had to pay for it out of their own money I doubt they would go back to their old eating habits, it's just not fair :(

I think the lady featured had a more complex background than just an eating addiction but I understand what you are saying for some that may do that :(

I remember watching a video on you tube of a man that had WLS, he was saying how great it was that he could still have all his favourite takeaways etc, my jaw was on the floor as he named all that he was eating!!x

I had seen it before but I didnt notice before that the lady cab driver after having her WLS was shown sitting in a cafe drinking a diet coke! I thought diet coke or fizzy drinks were a no no not that I want one gave up pepsi max years ago swopped it for fizzy water

Banana I don't have any sympathy for them, I'd love to get my surgery done on the NHS I'd be so grateful. I hope I don't sound horrible but if they had to pay for it out of their own money I doubt they would go back to their old eating habits, it's just not fair :(
As someone else said the lady featured had very complex issues. As always the program feature some very extreme cases and are far from the norm. I'm sure paying for the surgery herself would have had very little difference on the outcome. Most of us having surgery on the NHS (and i include myself) are at the last chance hotel, not just a couple of stones to loose. The NHS is not only saving peoples lives by giving this type of surgery but is also saving money in the long run.
I sPeak for myself here, and i say having surgery has saved my life, i accepted the gift with both hands and am working my ass of to use that gift, and i will be forever grateful for the NHS for giving me that chance of life, but i also know (like that lady) the past is never far away and can destroy you mentally. I hope she gets the help she needs and deserves to get back to living without her demons in life.

Thanks hunni :) I can only really speak for myself and say there was a very good reason for my weight, i have learned since the op that food dulled the pain of living, and i guess that woman was the same. The weight loss surgery has to combine not only the weight but the issues behind the weight too and i think its very common, i know i've come across alot of people in simular boats :) food is and addiction and as such needs treating the same way. I feel everyone thinks its a quick fix but believe me, its nothing of the sort. They ask me at the hospital what has been the biggest battle ............. nothing band or surgery related, its been tackling my demons, the reasons behind my weight. Not many are prepared for the enormity of the journey. So i feel i identified with this lady, as a lot will.
I am sorry you can't (for whatever reason) access help via the NHS, i feel they stand you in very good stead with the waiting times. I wish you all the very best on your journey too :) thanks again, i just felt i needed to point out its not quite as it seems sometimes........... i know i see wls soooo differently now on the other side x x x x x

Back