• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YAY I'VE GOT A PREFIX!!!....back home in just over 24 hours!!!

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
:553:At long last I get to put a prefix to my posts-I've only been thinking/researching/attempting to get GP referral/trying for PCT funding etc., etc., for almost 4 years:rolleyes:

:wave_cry:Sorry if I've confused some people by posting about when I was having the op in some obscure places but I almost didn't post at all-it felt like I was tempting fate & all that....
and as bad luck would have it I did get an infection a couple of weeks ago which meant it was delayed by 10 days so that made feel even more nervous about posting anyway....

....Sunday (wow that's yesterday lol) 7am saw me & hubby at the Spire & my credit card balance rather high! I was first on Mr Ammori's list so I sent hubby home before donning my stockings,enormous gown & lovely pair of matching HUGE knickers - I originally thought they were a cap:D:eek:

I think I went "under" about 9am & back up around 11am.Mr Ammori came to see me about 11.30 & asked if a lady contemplating surgery could come & chat-I don't remember much of what I said but she is a newcomer on the forum so I shall track her down & hope that the state of me didn't put her off;)

The rest of Sunday was just sips of water,mint teas,visitors,trips to the loo,walking the ward & a lovely nights sleep

Today I had 2 bowls of "soup",2 milky yogs & a jelly.Learnt how to do my injections had a shower,changed dressings,saw dietician then home just over 24 hours after the op & best of all-touch wood etc....

:553:.....not one minute of pain,sickness or discomfort even-how lucky am I - thank you so much for your good wishes (those who managed to find my posts lol)

Hey does this mean I'm a loser?

Well done Poppet! SO pleased everything went ahead and you are now on your way to a slinky bod...hey just think...no more huge knickers for you from now on!!!! Take care and hope you are fully recovered very soon x

A prefix and a bypass god you are so greedy ha ha! Only kidding hun you are a lovely lady and i'm so glad you are home safe and sound after a positive experience in the safe hands of Mr A himself. You make sure you rest and yes you are now officially a LOSER congratulations xx

WOW Poppet.. you have set a record!

So glad to hear you sounding so positive and willing to work with your new 'equipment'... very inspirational and best foot forward after some rest days... keep us posted.

Love and hugs xxx

well done xxxx
I laughed at your cap comment! I thought the same the knickers was hugeeeee!! but I was very grateful as they covered all my bottom and not just one cheek!..lol

Yeah Poppet - you are a loser lol - congratulations!

I do think Mr ammori was a little too eager to have you speak to a prospective bypasser though. He could have given you a little time to come round properly lol. But I suppose you forgave him because he's such a darling ;)

ONE WORD POP - LOSER!!!!!

I am well chuffed for you mate! :D

wow your a dark horse huni, but im so glad your ok and have had such a good experience. its great youve got such a positive attitude to it all, have a great recovery, and we've all budged up a bit on the losers bench. big hugs xx

Fantastic news Poppet. I'm so thrilled it's all gone so well for you. Welcome to the Losers'Bench and welcome home too!
Do take care now, no matter how well you feel, you've had major surgery and you will need loads of rest to make a good recovery.
Sending huge hugs xxxx

Hi Julie, Glad to see all went well and you are safely home. Don't over do things and keep up the good work. Once I've found Dotty chicks post I'm off to bed as I'm up early in the morning. I have to be at the Spire for 7am. Hope to join you on the now famous bench soon.

love and hugs Rebirth xx

WOW fantastic news, you are brave, I was so nervous to go home after 3 days never mind one :D

Happy losing!! xx

Hope you are feeling better Poppet and sending loving hugs to you... thinking of you xxxxx

Thinking of you today Poppet. I hope you're getting loads of rest and feeling good still. xxx

Back