• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive had a bypass reversal has anyone else

Wow I didn't know you could have that done. Can you tell us why you had to have it done and how they went about it? Hope you are feeling better now :)

hey victorious, welcome to the site :) did u have major problems with your bypass? im guessing you must have, hope you're ok now :) xxx

hi ya ladies my name is vicki .... i had my bypass 10/7/10 at homerton hospital i was 20 stone on 1/8/11 i had a reversal coz i weighed 9.4 . i was starving to death i couldnt eat anything an in the end i could hardly drink

Sorry to hear bout your trauma Vicki. Welcome to the site- it's a really supportive place.
As a newly ( 10 weeks today) bypassed person I'd appreciate knowing more about your journey. At what point did the problem become apparent and what else did they try to do for you.
I know reversals are rare, only done in exceptional circumstances and are a much bigger and more dangerous procedure than the bypass itself. I hope you are recovering well and feeling much better now? What was your start BMI and BMI at 9 stone?
Wishing you well

hi ya ladies my name is vicki .... i had my bypass 10/7/10 at homerton hospital i was 20 stone on 1/8/11 i had a reversal coz i weighed 9.4 . i was starving to death i couldnt eat anything an in the end i could hardly drink

That sounds pretty dreadful I hope you are sorted out now. I can't help but ask myself what your motives are for joining a WLS site though?

im sorry but even at 9st4 and yr height at 4ft 7 your bmi would of been 30.2 so hardly starving to death.

it would be nice if you could give us an in depth account of your problems so that we are all aware of any pitfalls there may be.

what treatments did they offer you before the reversal?

Wow, how to make someone feel welcome!!!
Welcome to the site, it would seem that some people only want to have the rosy side of weightloss surgery on these pages whereas some of us want an all over view, and a variety of individual experiences, Bypass surgery like all other WLS is not for everyone.
I don't normally comment when individuals comment negatively but I don't think it's for us to judge why anyone wants to join a WLS site or comment that they are hardly " starving to death" it's a personal journey and I don't think we should criticise them for wanting to share their experiences.
I know from past posts by individuals that there will be a backlash from what I've written, to dare disagree with them, and for that reason I will make no further comment or be drawn into an argument.
Some of us would love to hear about your experience and how this will affect your eating habits from now on x

I hope ur recovering well from ur reversel well, good luck n welcome to the site xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Wow, how to make someone feel welcome!!!
Welcome to the site, it would seem that some people only want to have the rosy side of weight loss surgery on these pages whereas some of us want an all over view, and a variety of individual experiences, Bypass surgery like all other WLS is not for everyone.
I don't normally comment when individuals comment negatively but I don't think it's for us to judge why anyone wants to join a WLS site or comment that they are hardly " starving to death" it's a personal journey and I don't think we should criticise them for wanting to share their experiences.
I know from past posts by individuals that there will be a backlash from what I've written, to dare disagree with them, and for that reason I will make no further comment or be drawn into an argument.
Some of us would love to hear about your experience and how this will affect your eating habits from now on x

I believe this site makes everyone welcome, until that is we discover (As we have recently) that the new member has only signed up to cause disruption within our little band of former fatties. Therefore when we see someone who posts about having had WLS reversal or any other controversial subject on a WLS forum it just makes me question their motives. I'm not saying that Victorious is a troll but I am interested in their motive for joining the best WLS site in the UK.

In contradiction to your assumption that we only want to see positive posts here (Which is frankly total garbage by the way) I believe that people should have both sides of the story and do a great deal of research before they take what is a huge step in their lives, however when someone just wants to cause disruption, or starts telling us all that WLS is the work of the devil, well they have no place here.

WLS is a serious business and it carries with it a huge number of risks, however the truth is that for most of us these risks are worth taking, and for most WLS is a fantastic way to a new and positive life. For a few and it is a small fraction of the total of people who get their guts re-routed it goes astray, or they fail to take it seriously and to do their bit to make it worth it and that is sad, and anyone considering WLS should be aware of the risks and the responsibility that goes with it. So you are talking through your arse Nichola when you say we only want sunshine and roses posted here.

If Victorious is a genuine poster (Victorious over what?) with a real story to share then great, I for one would love to hear how their reversal went and what does it mean for them for the rest of their lives, if they are troll however then I want them out of here real quick.

So again I say to Victorious what are your motives for joining here, please tell us all about it.

i know many many bypass patients and i have never come across anyone thats had it reversed, theres been a few panickers in the early stages wanting it reversed but them fears usually leave the patient with in weeks, if this persons story is genuine id like to hear more, if not then the mods need to check this person out asap x

Wow. Why are we assuming this isn't a genuine person with a genuine story to tell..? As a pre-opper, I would like to hear these stories as well as the success ones. Why can't someone post about bypass reversal, yet we accept stories about banders who have gone on to need a bypass? They have obviously not had a successful op..! Isn't this part of researching both sides of the wls coin? Nicola made her comments in support of Victorious (I think the username comes from her name - Vicky!) even though she was aware of the upset she would cause, but she showed no aggression in her words, so I think it is quite rude of you, Karlos, to comment she is "talking through her arse". I would also like to know why she chose this site to tell her story, but if the answer is to make people aware of the rare dangers, then I am grateful to her for sharing. This is a site for wls patients, and that is what Victorious is.

Where better to find another person who has had a RNY reversal than on a site where everyone either wants wls or has had wls?
Looks like she's been well and truly scared off by some people though.

I remember reading about a woman in york who died of malnutrition despite still weighing 15 stone some months after her bypass, because she wasn't eating. So bmi doesn't always mean anything.

This site is for the positives and negatives about wls. I've recently posted about my struggle with being post op and was blown away by the support I've received so it's unfair to say you can't post about when it goes wrong. Would be useful to hear more from our new member though. Hope she comes back.

Back