• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive had a bypass reversal has anyone else

welcome nicola, you are very welcome to this site, you will find honest people on here, i look forward to hearing how you get on, good luck.

Wow. Why are we assuming this isn't a genuine person with a genuine story to tell..? As a pre-opper, I would like to hear these stories as well as the success ones. Why can't someone post about bypass reversal, yet we accept stories about banders who have gone on to need a bypass? They have obviously not had a successful op..! Isn't this part of researching both sides of the wls coin? Nicola made her comments in support of Victorious (I think the username comes from her name - Vicky!) even though she was aware of the upset she would cause, but she showed no aggression in her words, so I think it is quite rude of you, Karlos, to comment she is "talking through her arse". I would also like to know why she chose this site to tell her story, but if the answer is to make people aware of the rare dangers, then I am grateful to her for sharing. This is a site for wls patients, and that is what Victorious is.

You really should improve your reading and comprehension skills before you start spouting off about me being rude. My comment was for Nichola not Vickey (There was a clue in me using the name Nichola in my post) and I didn't assume Vickey (Another name clue there for you Jema, oh look there's another one) was a troll that's why I asked her the question. Once again no one has said bad stories shouldn't be posted as long as they are genuine, so it looks like you're three for three, Well done you x

I don't understand why adults can't just support each other and help by giving advise when someone has a story yet want to share with us.

This person has had wls and for reason unknown to all of us has ha to have it reversed, we should be helping them explain what happened to them so ppl can know what to look out for n it also gives ppl different sides of the story.

We aren't in the school playground now!!

I welcome any1s story, but it just alwys seems to be the same posters being negitive about reversals.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi ya ladies my name is vicki .... i had my bypass 10/7/10 at homerton hospital i was 20 stone on 1/8/11 i had a reversal coz i weighed 9.4
i was starving to death i couldnt eat anything an in the end i could hardly drink

I for one would be interested too hear how you was able to get a bypass and a reversal just 13 months apart when most people (on average) it takes much longer just to get one procedure let alone 2 ( my friend lives in same town and I know wot the pct are like from there, am under them myself). I also would be interested to hear what procedures Mr Mannur tried for you prior to the reversal to help you to eat & drink.I look forward to your reply Julie xx (P.S. Where in Barking do you live? I lived there for 15 years myself)

I'm a stone stone heavier and classed as malnurished - revisions been banded about by the medical team at the Homerton to me too.

I'm not absorbing as I should and so I suppose in lay terms could be classed as starving! I do eat though but I can't get enough nutrition from it. My bmi is 28, although BMI is not really an indicator when you've lost an immense amount of weight as a lot of what's left is skin!

I just wondered if you can have a bypass reversal?
I just thought it wasn't possible to have one...although i maybe wrong of course!

Andy x

Andy1968 said:
I just wondered if you can have a bypass reversal?
I just thought it wasn't possible to have one...although i maybe wrong of course!

Andy x

Reversal of the switch part of the DS, they can't put my stomach back that went in the bin a long time ago!!!

Cicca said:
I'm a stone stone heavier and classed as malnurished - revisions been banded about by the medical team at the Homerton to me too.

I'm not absorbing as I should and so I suppose in lay terms could be classed as starving! I do eat though but I can't get enough nutrition from it. My bmi is 28, although BMI is not really an indicator when you've lost an immense amount of weight as a lot of what's left is skin!

Oh and by the way, I wouldn't change a thing. I knew the risks and although a few Drs have mentioned revision - I am happy to keep taking supplements till I get it right. I personally feel healthier now than I've ever felt in my life before.

xx.

I believe this site makes everyone welcome, until that is we discover (As we have recently) that the new member has only signed up to cause disruption within our little band of former fatties. Therefore when we see someone who posts about having had WLS reversal or any other controversial subject on a WLS forum it just makes me question their motives. I'm not saying that Victorious is a troll but I am interested in their motive for joining the best WLS site in the UK.

In contradiction to your assumption that we only want to see positive posts here (Which is frankly total garbage by the way) I believe that people should have both sides of the story and do a great deal of research before they take what is a huge step in their lives, however when someone just wants to cause disruption, or starts telling us all that WLS is the work of the devil, well they have no place here.

WLS is a serious business and it carries with it a huge number of risks, however the truth is that for most of us these risks are worth taking, and for most WLS is a fantastic way to a new and positive life. For a few and it is a small fraction of the total of people who get their guts re-routed it goes astray, or they fail to take it seriously and to do their bit to make it worth it and that is sad, and anyone considering WLS should be aware of the risks and the responsibility that goes with it. So you are talking through your arse Nichola when you say we only want sunshine and roses posted here.

If Victorious is a genuine poster (Victorious over what?) with a real story to share then great, I for one would love to hear how their reversal went and what does it mean for them for the rest of their lives, if they are troll however then I want them out of here real quick.

So again I say to Victorious what are your motives for joining here, please tell us all about it.

You really should improve your reading and comprehension skills before you start spouting off about me being rude. My comment was for Nichola not Vickey (There was a clue in me using the name Nichola in my post) and I didn't assume Vickey (Another name clue there for you Jema, oh look there's another one) was a troll that's why I asked her the question. Once again no one has said bad stories shouldn't be posted as long as they are genuine, so it looks like you're three for three, Well done you x

What an arrogant man you are coming across as Karlos. My reading and comprehension skills are fine, if you read the post again, you'll see I was referring to your comment about Nicola, and I was trying to explain why the name Victorious, as she obviously didn't feel victorious re her bypass. The way I read your post was as you weren't sure if this was a genuine poster (your words)and I don't understand why you felt the need to question this. I also don't see the need to say someone is talking from their arse, just because their opinion doesn't match yours.
As for my ignorance in reading and comprehension, I think you need to look at your spelling of 2 ladies names...

Guys, please keep your comments on topic.

I can understand karls concern as the one poster we have had here previously to talk about reversals did seem hell bent on causing trouble here.

However, I for one would love to know more about how and why one reaches the decision to have their bypass reversed, and as someone else posted - what other avenues were explored before reaching the decision to have the surgery reversed.

How are you now Vicky?

Guys, please keep your comments on topic.

I can understand karls concern as the one poster we have had here previously to talk about reversals did seem hell bent on causing trouble here.

Just because we have had one poster that seemed to want to cause trouble doesn't mean that every one should be tarred with the same brush IMHO

I have read the posts here with dismay at the strident nature of some members doubts on the validity of Victorious' post.

I to would like to welcome Victorious, when so many of us are just starting on our journeys to weightloss & being told a reversal isn't possible ever, we are of course all a little sceptical when someone braves the site to ask for support over that very thing.
I think she is brave to put her story however brief it is at the moment out there & ask for our support.
I watched & read with horror & dismay as the last lady to do so was harangued & villified by others some who are again expressing their opinion long & loud ( as is their right on here that's what we all do), but upsetting other members with those opinions. Sadly that lady wasn't all she seemed & the moderators dealt with it quickly, quietly and discretely as is their role.
Let's hope that the more vociferous of us on here haven't scared a genuine person who wants support away so we can learn more of her story, the moderators can investigate & offer an adjudication on the validity of her membership.
Shelbell has a constant battle to maintain her weight due to extreme malabsorbtion problems since her bypass, she works at it, offers the rest of us her valuable opinion without being judgemental in the least. Perhaps Victorious has the same problems or similar & for her this was the only answer, I don't know. I hope if she isn't all she seems when her story is checked that it is dealt with as before, if however she is genuine (& I believe in innocent until proven guilty) those whose opinions are perhaps more sceptical will have the grace to apologise for their doubts.

Welcome to the site and I hope you do choose to share your story with us. I think you are extremely brave to post about it as things obviously haven't gone right and there are very few negative posts on here. It takes courage to post on website of this nature for the first time let alone to make that post one which might cause offence or upset someone. as has been said both sides of the story must be told.

If a bypass reversal is needed on medical grounds and malnutrition then normally they are done very quickly as if it is left too long then the risk to the patient is immense. It is possible and it is something I qieried with my surgeon as a what if its needed etc.

Well karlos, how rude of you and how right was I, I knew you'd have some negative things to say as I stated in my previous post, as I have seen you make, negative uncalled for comments, on previous posts. I have ( believe it or not) a lot of respect for your knowledge on weightloss surgery, but you display some bully boy tactics that I thought I left behind in school many many years ago. I said I wouldn't reply but I am not prepared to have you say I'm "talking out of my arse" when you clearly do not know me or my situation. I am currently in rome on holiday but dont want to have you talk negatively about me and wish I could report your comment through my phone as abusive, cause that's what it is. My sister in law has malnutrition post bypass so i know people can struggle with it and she didn't know about this site until I told her about it, I'm glad she hasn't posted about her possible journey to reversal as suggested by her team( not that she wants it) as her confidence would not take the accusation that you'd probably have given it. there is a fine line to being brutally honest and down right rude and I think you know in your heart which side you fall on, in this case karlos.
Thanks to to others who have agreed that it is beneficial to all to learn of all aspects of WLS and the pitfalls it can sometimes have, even if this victorious is not for real there are people out there in that situation who would be put off seeking help from this site ( and others like it) with the negative attitude of some of the group, innocent until proven guilty I believe it should be.
Thanks to all and I will continue with my holiday! Let's not make this site only accessible to a small group and the others too afraid to post!!!!!!!

Reversal is quite a misleading term because it's impossible to completely reverse the bypass. The surgeon can only lengthen the digestive tract again, allowing your food to be absorbed more slowly. It's not like they can put everything back exactly how it was. There's a big risk of leaks and infection, even more so than with the original surgery.

I'm guessing too that the patient is physically unwell and probably malnourished at the time of surgery too and that will further increase the risks.

Have you noticed that Victorious has not responded to anyone's requests for further information. It just seems as though she's sat back watching the fallout. Has anyone heard of the surgeon "Mr Manure" Just seems a bit suspect ???

Have you noticed that Victorious has not responded to anyone's requests for further information. It just seems as though she's sat back watching the fallout. Has anyone heard of the surgeon "Mr Manure" Just seems a bit suspect ???

Yes - a few people have had this surgeon, this is from the hospital website:

Mannur, Mr Kesava

Mr Mannur is the Lead Consultant for Bariatric surgery at Homerton Hospital. Mr Mannur is an upper GI and Bariatric surgeon with a special interest in upper GI cancers, oesophageal and gastric cancers, obesity and advanced laparoscopic surgery.

He was my surgeon at the Homerton. Still nice to know or hear from the lady who posted the original thread - As at the moment it does feel rather like a strange thing to start and not finish??!!

This wasn't the only time she started a thread and then cleared off either. Very suspect.

Back