• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2018 Surgeries

Toppo46

happy new year to all. Is anyone else having surgery in January I'm going to have a bypass on 29th at derby,have started with LRD today so here's to a new me.

mushof

I am scheduled for a sleeve on 13th Jan at Coventry. Started LRD on Saturday. What can you have on your LRD?

Toppo46

I can have a meal replacement diet such as slimfast or 800 to 900 cals of normal food. I've started on slimfast today so will see how it goes. I can change from one plan to the other if I what . If I start the day on slimfast I have to complete the day on it before changing

Missyme

I’ve just had surgery (11 days ago) so not too far out from you guys. Good luck x

Missyme

How are u feeling since your surgery?
I’m feeling great, thanks. The first couple of days were tough with feeling sick, pain, anaesthetic etc, but after that it’s been fine. I’ve been logging my journey on here... Missy’s Journey... feel free to have a read!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
@Carolineh why not start an introduction thread to ask all your questions as this thread is for people having surgery this month to share their journeys x

Missyme

I’ll have a look .
Do you know how the surgeon decides what type of surgery you have? Xx
I had a band to bypass revision. My surgeon seems to lean towards sleeves, but I told him why I wanted a bypass (sweet tooth) and he agreed it was the best option for me. However, on the day of surgery, he did say if there was a lot of scar tissue from the band, organs stuck together or erosion then it would be a sleeve. He wouldn’t know until he got in there.

sandra overton

I had a band to bypass revision. My surgeon seems to lean towards sleeves, but I told him why I wanted a bypass (sweet tooth) and he agreed it was the best option for me. However, on the day of surgery, he did say if there was a lot of scar tissue from the band, organs stuck together or erosion then it would be a sleeve. He wouldn’t know until he got in there.
Im on the waiting list for surgery im with luton and dunstable hope it isnt too long nowput on the list end of September

Missyme

Im on the waiting list for surgery im with luton and dunstable hope it isnt too long nowput on the list end of September
Are you having revision surgery? X

Missyme

No a bypass waiting is the longest
Hope you don’t have to wait too long! I went private as I was too impatient to go through the NHS system. My BMI was 35 when I met the surgeon, so not sure I would’ve been eligible on the NHS anyway. Although my BMI has been much higher and a failed band possibly could’ve made me eligible. Anyway, good luck. I hope you get a date soon!

sandra overton

Hope you don’t have to wait too long! I went private as I was too impatient to go through the NHS system. My BMI was 35 when I met the surgeon, so not sure I would’ve been eligible on the NHS anyway. Although my BMI has been much higher and a failed band possibly could’ve made me eligible. Anyway, good luck. I hope you get a
Thankyou missyme and i wish you luck toox

Toppo46

Well quick update,surgery has been cancelled due to the bed shortage. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. Will keep you posted.

Toppo

Missyme

Well quick update,surgery has been cancelled due to the bed shortage. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. Will keep you posted.

Toppo
Sorry to hear this! Must be so frustrating when you mentally prepare for your op. Hope your new date isn’t too far away.