• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2018 Surgeries

Sunshine99

Well quick update,surgery has been cancelled due to the bed shortage. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. Will keep you posted.

Toppo
Happened to me that at York teaching Hospital. I'd already got their too....surgical stockings on, slippers..
Went their for 7am...waited til 2pm to be told their is a bed shortage.

Very nearly happend a second time too....but right at last minute....a bed became available.

The good news is...if the NHS cancel your appointment...they have to offer you another one within 18 weeks. Mine happened 6 weeks later.

Good Luck with your surgery, I'm sure it will be happening very soon.

Toni :rainbow:

Missyme

Time for a quick update . Got a new date for op it's the 28th of February. So start again
Great news! It will soon be here!

Ian2Big

Had my bypass on 23rd Jan, at Luton.

Missyme

Well quick update operation cancelled again due to bed shortage
Again! Oh no. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get a date soon and it’s not too far away!

Bling Babe

So sorry for you I can only imagine how disappointed you must be feeling, stay strong, you will get there x

Had my initial date of Jan 17th cancelled due to the bed shortage rebooked Feb 14th (happy valentines day to me). Bypass seemed to go OK and I was discharged from Luton and dunstable 4 days later. Unfortunately the following day I was admitted to Boston Pilgrim hosp icu and put in a coma as my diabetes was so out of control. I spent 4 days in a coma and a week in icu. A warning to all Luton patients its impossible to get hold of anyone once you've had your operation My post op has now been cancelled from 29th March and given a new date of 4th August! So much for a 6 week check up

Laaux

Had my initial date of Jan 17th cancelled due to the bed shortage rebooked Feb 14th (happy valentines day to me). Bypass seemed to go OK and I was discharged from Luton and dunstable 4 days later. Unfortunately the following day I was admitted to Boston Pilgrim hosp icu and put in a coma as my diabetes was so out of control. I spent 4 days in a coma and a week in icu. A warning to all Luton patients its impossible to get hold of anyone once you've had your operation My post op has now been cancelled from 29th March and given a new date of 4th August! So much for a 6 week check up

I’m so sorry you had such a terrible experience :(

How are you feeling now? Hope you make a speedy recovery x

Ian2Big

Hi @Getting Slim Gayle
A lot of clinics ,at L&D, have been cancelled and the system just moves them on block to the next available clinic, hence approx 18 weeks, bet the letter didn't have L&D logo on the envelope. You should have a 6 week appointment with a nurse, who will check that the wounds are healing and discuss any issues. Phone 01582 497421 (secretary Obesity Services) and explained the situation and she might be able to rearranged the appointment.

Toppo46

Hi sorry to hear that. Are you local to Boston?

Bling Babe

Gosh that’s been awful for you, I’m so sorry and I hope your recovering now

Hi @Getting Slim Gayle
A lot of clinics ,at L&D, have been cancelled and the system just moves them on block to the next available clinic, hence approx 18 weeks, bet the letter didn't have L&D logo on the envelope. You should have a 6 week appointment with a nurse, who will check that the wounds are healing and discuss any issues. Phone 01582 497421 (secretary Obesity Services) and explained the situation and she might be able to rearranged the appointment.
Managed to speak to the surgeons secretary and got my post -op changed to next Friday (23rd). x