• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2018 Surgeries

Bling Babe

Managed to speak to the surgeons secretary and got my post -op changed to next Friday (23rd). x
That’s better, do you mind me asking why you were in for 4 days initially and what went wrong that put you in icu, you obviously don’t have to give details if you’d rather not x

Bling Babe

Good luck, it has to happen this time, keep in touch

Bling Babe

Quick update had bypass on the 17th as planned all is good and got home from derby this afternoon
Welcome to the losers bench, so very pleased it went ahead this time, look forward to your updates

Toppo46

Evening all time for an update. As I posted before the surgery went very well and the only thing that was bothering me on the way to theatre was not the operation but that it was going to hurt when they put the cannula in my hand !!!!!. Went to theatre about 2 o’clock and was back on the ward about 7pm. I was up and out of bed by about 11 walking about to clear the gas I was very surprised at how little pain I was in from the operation,my throat on the other hand was very sore and tender. Came out on the 19th and things have been pretty good, wounds have healed well and have stopped talking blood pressure and diabetes meds as they have really settled down. I have just started on blended food and never has mash and beans tasted so good as I had been on the LRD virtually since January due to the 2 false starts.

Bling Babe

Evening all time for an update. As I posted before the surgery went very well and the only thing that was bothering me on the way to theatre was not the operation but that it was going to hurt when they put the cannula in my hand !!!!!. Went to theatre about 2 o’clock and was back on the ward about 7pm. I was up and out of bed by about 11 walking about to clear the gas I was very surprised at how little pain I was in from the operation,my throat on the other hand was very sore and tender. Came out on the 19th and things have been pretty good, wounds have healed well and have stopped talking blood pressure and diabetes meds as they have really settled down. I have just started on blended food and never has mash and beans tasted so good as I had been on the LRD virtually since January due to the 2 false starts.
Great to hear from you and that all is going well, isn’t it strange how different trust have different times of staying in, 2 days for you, 1 night for Luton, keep on enjoying the blended, add some marvel dried milk and/or milk for added protein and keep on sipping x