• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my highs and lows, ups and downs

hi toni i am doing great, i love mushrooms also fuffs,
made some jerk chicken tonight and had a bit of rice with it tried the pineapple and it was yummy.
i have lost another 11 kg also so i must be doing something right.
went to see the dietition at the hospital today and she says i am doing every thing right and i can try anything i fancy food wise now, which i have been for a bit now. my wounds have healed well enough for me to go in the swimming pool, so i will be par taking in a little arobics, and lengths at my local pool as soon as poss, they have a womans day so i will find out when that is.
i am thinking of buying a vibration plate i know twinkle had some fun with one not so long ago. i have looked them up they dont give a cardio work out but still it all helps with toneing the skin up.
going to seriously think now about my fitness plan, with haveing had blood clots, and lymphodema its hard to do just the normal things like star jumps and running up and down the stairs, just little things you can do at home but i am getting round that. well thats were i am up to for now i dont post as much but i am still lurking and keeping up on how you lovely people are, whishing you all the very best of what you want, take care. xxxx

So nice to hear you are getting on well Lynda :) and well done on your brilliant weight loss :)

So glad you can eat jerk chicken and rice. So looking forward to doing some WLS friendly Caribbean dishes later in my journey. Having it on my little side plate :D

Glad you are still lurking too lol

fuffs your avitar is lovely just like the last one the differance in you each time is astounding.
yes i have a side plate also a dinner plate now seems so big. xxxx

lyndajoan said:
fuffs your avitar is lovely just like the last one the differance in you each time is astounding.
yes i have a side plate also a dinner plate now seems so big. xxxx

Aaww that's lovely of you to say. I feel so low tonight it has made me cry. Not in a bad way. So don't feel bad :) probably need to cry.

It's funny to think I dinner plate will be no use to us forever lol

aww fuffs you feel the need to cry you cry hunny dont hold it in and your not on your own hun most of us feel that way after a big op, take care hun. xxx

lyndajoan said:
aww fuffs you feel the need to cry you cry hunny dont hold it in and your not on your own hun most of us feel that way after a big op, take care hun. xxx

Thank you very much xxx

We all need a shoulder to lean on sometimes even if its just to wet with tears. Take care luvva tomorrows another day. xx chin up xx skinni brummi xx

chrisa said:
We all need a shoulder to lean on sometimes even if its just to wet with tears. Take care luvva tomorrows another day. xx chin up xx skinni brummi xx

Lol!!! That made me smile. And cant wait until the final statement is true :D

by the way you are going fuffs that statment will be true quicker than you know it you are doing great. xxx

by the way you are going fuffs that statment will be true quicker than you know it you are doing great. xxx

aawww (((hugs))) thanks :) That is lovely of you to say. I really hope so chick xxx

fuffs your avitar is lovely just like the last one the differance in you each time is astounding. yes i have a side plate also a dinner plate now seems so big. xxxx

Hi Lynda,

Just wanted to say I also like your new avatar -- I have seen it around a few threads and not had the opportunity to say. I know it's just an image but I think it is a very funky image !!! :D

hi everyone i am now 7 weeks 2 days post op and i have lost 3 stone, i have just been my doctors and weighed myself and i have lost 8IB since the 5th april which i am happy with , i have also made an appointment to see a health and fitness adviser which is for next week so hopefully i will have a load of fittness advice to pass on to anyone who is interested. i am doing fine eating the right things and reeping the rewards with more energy and just feeling all together happier and healther so i carnt wait for a few more months to pass by when i am able to use the gym to the best of my abilty and all then feel good hormones are rushing through my body.
I have been reading all your posts and keep up to date with everyones , the sisterhood is going strong i just whish we all lived nearer to each other wouldnt that be fab? and once a month or so we could all get together and do something enpowering to us all, well i can dream, take care everyone all my love and best whishes untill next time. xxxxx

Well done!!! You are doing fab!

I would appreciate the fitness advice too :D

It would be amazing if we lived nearer. I would love meeting up with the Sisterhood :) xxx

yes fuffs wouldnt it just be so good if we all lived nearer to each other , oh well never mind maybee one day you never know, and once i have been to see this adviser i will defo let you know what he/she says, i dont know wether this programme is available in your docs to or it may just be the wirral/merseyside area wouldnt hurt to ask though fuffs because i am sure its a get fit goverment backed programe, also they do one on one work with you and to have a personal fittness adviser is as we all know very exspensive. so getting this chance will be amazing for anyone who can. xxxx

lyndajoan said:
yes fuffs wouldnt it just be so good if we all lived nearer to each other , oh well never mind maybee one day you never know, and once i have been to see this adviser i will defo let you know what he/she says, i dont know wether this programme is available in your docs to or it may just be the wirral/merseyside area wouldnt hurt to ask though fuffs because i am sure its a get fit goverment backed programe, also they do one on one work with you and to have a personal fittness adviser is as we all know very exspensive. so getting this chance will be amazing for anyone who can. xxxx

I had a health trainer at the docs in 2009. I wonder if that's the same thing. I will ask next time I am there. Thanks chick xxx

hi all not posted on my diary for a few weeks my weight has stayed the same for a couple of weeks now but i think i will measure myself as i still think i have lost a few inches, my food intake has been the same i am trying to get all the water i can in with green tea and fruit teas my favorite at the moment lemon and ginger mmm. getting fruit in also if i wake up at say 6am i have a few grapes then wait have my fruit tea and then have my cereal about 8.3o, i have found the quorn chicken fillet shapes to be lovely when cooked with a home mad sauce and they are high in protein and so easy to digest like turky mince that is nice and easy to cook and digest also, had a tuna salad the other day and it came back up quicker than it went down i think it was the lettuce and cucumber myself so will be leaving them for a bit, big soup is filling and nice for a quick lunch also. The fitness adviser was a young girl and she wasn't at all interested about my exercise or my health or anything as a matter of fact she just said because of my post code i am not entitle to a free gym pass to which i explained wasn't really bothered abut that and my intentions foe coming to the appointment wasn't for a free ride it was for some advise about a healthy fitness routine and were to go next and i am willing to pay, she just wasn't bothered but i held my tongue as i didn't want it to reflect badly on me, i gave her my bariatric dietitian who i had on the weight and lifestyle management course prior to my op. she took my name and phone number and phoned me the day after prob to justify her job and it looks good on paper and told me the same bloody thing arrrr, so it looks back to the drawing board i am saving to by some exerciser equipment at home first and i am joining a chair based exerciser group and i am going to try and walk more and more each day been doing that anyway but i have a pain in my lady garden area its just on the pubic bone it hurts when i walk i think its the weight of my tummy its like a dragging feeling i am taking paracetamol which helps a bit, can you see the position i am in i wish i was a person who could just go the gym and get on with it but the last time i used a gym bike i ended up in hospital for 3 days with d.v.t. again in my leg so i like most people with weight and health issues have to be careful in the approach to exercise but i am deter mend to do this the right way. i hope i have lost a few pound when i weigh myself next as it is disappointing when you have been doing things right, but i am happy with my weight loss and inches up to now so i am not going to freak out just yet i wish you all a lovely day and happy loosing.

reply's are greatly excepted if i can help assist anyone with this hard enough journey i will do my up most best to with pleasure. xxx

Last edited:
I hear ya hun. Maybe have a chat with your gp and see if there is a physio or similar? Sometimes they can recommend exercise that will be manageable - my mum has severe arthritis and the physio manages her exercise routine.

Back