• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my highs and lows, ups and downs

lyndajoan

well after just getting over a bad case of cellulitiss in both feet, my skin on my feet keeps comming off in big sheets, i have never seen nothing like it:cry:

to top it all i have been taking my warter tablets but my legs are so hard and swollen and red i am sooo pi...ed off with this but most of all worried i am sitting with my legs elevated and these support stocking i have got are not very supportive, i think i need a stronger tog.:cry:

i am going to try and get an appointment with my doctor on mon, but i am toying with the idea of going the walk in center tommorrow or talking to nhs direct as i am worried as i find it hard to walk as it is so now its even more difficult :sigh:

just when i think things are looking up with getting my funding, i dont want when its time to see the surgon that he says no because of the swelling in my legs:sigh:

thanks for listening. x x x x

Last edited:
Set your mind at rest lyndajoan and call NHS Direct tonight. Don't wait till tomorrow.

You are worried, and that is what they are there for, 24/7

Go to the walk in centre , you need antibiotics & the sooner the better hun , take care & keep the legs up xx

Set your mind at rest lyndajoan and call NHS Direct tonight. Don't wait till tomorrow.

You are worried, and that is what they are there for, 24/7

I agree with this, Lynda .. don't sit there in pain worrying about it, ring them & they will advise you. Hope you are better soon, honey xxx :)

I'd call NHS Direct too - they will put your mind at rest and let you know if it's ok to wait until tomorrow or Monday.

hey Lynda, how are you now?

hi caron my legs are still swollen due to excess warter retention, but also i have put 12 pounds on due to this water retention and i am fed up with it, as you will prob know with warter retention every thing on your body goes solid so its difficult to move, thanks for asking love. and hows your self.? xxxx

hi caron my legs are still swollen due to excess warter retention, but also i have put 12 pounds on due to this water retention and i am fed up with it, as you will prob know with warter retention every thing on your body goes solid so its difficult to move, thanks for asking love. and hows your self.? xxxx
oh no :( have you been to the docs yet?
im ok mate, just fed up with waiting for my op :( lol

Have you had a medical opinion on that, Lynda or are you assuming it is water. I would get it checked as it it is anything else you could be getting treatment.
Hugs to you & my buddy Caren (((hugs))) xxx :wave_cry:

no twinkle i know i am stupid to not have but i am assuming it is warter ,i think i will go the doc cos to put 12 pound on in 4 days is not normal that and with my legs swelling is why i thought it was warter retention.

no twinkle i know i am stupid to not have but i am assuming it is warter ,i think i will go the doc cos to put 12 pound on in 4 days is not normal that and with my legs swelling is why i thought it was warter retention.

You are probably right, but still best to see doctor as 12lbs is a lot of water xx :eek:

gawd, get to the docs woman!!! lol

yes thanks for your concerns it means alot i will go the docs tommorow have to phone befor 8am tom get an appointment, x

Can you.please tell me what that picture is Phil ? I am using my phone and have no clue!
THANKS XXX

re photo

hi its a photo of phills belly you can see it better on a computer:D:D:D

just wondering what it must look like on your phone he he.

Im booked in for 28th december but ive just read an awful story about when going down for the op and being stapped to the table and not being knocked out straight away! can you please give me some details of your experiences from leaving your room to the point of being asleep!

hi tray i have not had my surgery yet but i would not worry about scare mongering storys.
wellcome to the forum and i am sure some one will be along to reasure you about when you get to and from the oporating theater when haveing bariatric surgery. x

hi every my feet have healed well now got all new lovely skin on them, yey.
i am feeling a lot more positive just waiting for my appointment to come through for pre op with surgeon,
keep watching what i eat as that 12Ib of warter i gained on my legs mostly has all been flushed away. ha ha

carnt wait each day is a day closer and posting on here really helps a lot i think i am going to start to right a diary post in the diary section so i can look back on it and also for people to read as these past couple of years have been very eventfull on this journey to a healthy me.
xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
hi every my feet have healed well now got all new lovely skin on them, yey.
i am feeling a lot more positive just waiting for my appointment to come through for pre op with surgeon,
keep watching what i eat as that 12Ib of warter i gained on my legs mostly has all been fliushed away. ha ha

xxxxxxxx

So pleased your feet and legs are fine now, and it was just water retention in the end. Fingers crossed for a date soon for you.

Back