• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my highs and lows, ups and downs

hi toni i feel fine, hope your head ache has gone now you dont half suffer a lot with them, maybee after the op when you have lost a bit of weight you wont get as much pressure as you do now i really do hope so for your sake.xxxxx

fuffs you are doing excellant your weight loss is just great a statement to your hard work and dedication.xxxxx

day 19 pre op goodness were does the time go? i have had my coffee and tablets, some porridge, and going to have the veg soup i made yesterday for my lunch i will blitz it first of course, then i will freeze the rest and have it as and when. i never really froze any food i just seemed to get it as and when cos at first you can barely eat that much and one tin of soup does 2 servings, i am still on the soft stage but feel i can eat differant things that are allowed at this stage, were at first it was mainly soups, yoghurts and warter. hope you are all well take care we are all together in this journey. xxxx

You are such a beautiful, kindhearted, gracious person. Thank you so much for all the lovely support and encouragement you give. Don't know what I would have done without all the support I have had from this forum and other bariatric friends on this journey. I feel blessed.

So glad you are settling into your journey now. Well done :) xxx

aww thanks very much fuffs that has pulled on my heart strings, you to are lovely supportive person inside and out and i agree we all need somebody. xxxxx

well day 20post op and i went out for something to eat today for my dads birthday, i had a childs meal of fish fingers, mash, beans, i took the breadcrumds off the fish fingers and just had the fish inside and used the sauce off the beans to mash into the mash potato, and a bit of fruit with that, it was nice never eat even half of it but it all went down well had a fruit shoot low suger but still got that in my fridge. there was about 18 of us there some could not come my mum wants to go out for mothers day but for known reasons i wont be going i used to like going out to eat but now i would rather prep my own food in my own home . one of my wounds started bleeding after a shower so put a dressing on that and all seems fine fingers crossed. xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
thanks toni i hope with this diary i wright i can look back on, and maybee it can help someone about to go through a bariatric op, you wont be to long now hun. xxxxx

You help me so much reading about what you eat and even sore wounds I'm so thankful to you for doing it and I look up to you hun you should be so proud of yourself hun I'm proud of you Xx

Hey honey how are you doing today, how are you finding your new tummy hun and how are the incisions now, I hope your not in pain, loads of love take care Xx

well 24 days post op and boy did i feel my restriction today, i made a poached egg with a peice of wholemeal toast, i only had about 3 little tiny pieces and on the 3rd o.m.g. i felt this pain like everyone says as if something is stuck it felt like a big boulder and i had to be sick, the pieces were no bigger than the tip of a tea spoon and once they had come up i felt a lot better, i put the rest in the bin and am now having a cup of coffee with an extra spoon of powderd milk, well there is the answer to my question yes i do have restrictions and maybee its to early for bread, i do have melba toast which goes down very easy with cottage cheese, i think i will try that again another day. xxxx

well 24 days post op and boy did i feel my restriction today, i made a poached egg with a peice of wholemeal toast, i only had about 3 little tiny pieces and on the 3rd o.m.g. i felt this pain like everyone says as if something is stuck it felt like a big boulder and i had to be sick, the pieces were no bigger than the tip of a tea spoon and once they had come up i felt a lot better, i put the rest in the bin and am now having a cup of coffee with an extra spoon of powderd milk, well there is the answer to my question yes i do have restrictions and maybee its to early for bread, i do have melba toast which goes down very easy with cottage cheese, i think i will try that again another day. xxxx

I'm like that too Lynda. It's usually chicken or bread that does it to me. I've started to use weight watchers bread and can manage nearly a whole slice now lol. I love the restriction feeling though and I've learned to stop eating when I feel ir, Or I pay the consequences.

You're doing great so keep it up..

thanks lou, and toni yes i am so glad in a way i got this feeling i was begining to think i had no restrictions, i think i will get some whole meal weight watchers bread lou! it is a lot lighter really thanks. xxxx

hi toni i am getting on just fine thankyou. i hope you are well.
i carnt belive i am 4weeks post op today a whole month gone by, my wounds are just about healed and i am just about getting my head around the portion sizes and what and i am to eat, i have started a craft course for something to do, carnt wait to start swimming and warter arobics. i hope every one else is finding the strenghth to keep up with this life changeing journey. xxxxxxx

Its mad how quick time goes isn't it honey, its good that your finding things to keep you occupied :) I hope your well take care Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks toni, and yes when you are waiting for something it never seems to come, and then once the date arrives you blink and 4 weeks have gone by.

i had a lovely dinner today been had a pice of chicken breast, made with my own mushroom cheese sause and veg, i will put how to make this mushroom sauce which is low fat below.

1/2 veg stock cube
4 mushrooms
1-2 tsp low fat philly cheese.

cut the mushrooms
place half veg stock in mesuring jug add 20mls hot warter
put mushrooms in a pan add veg stock
bring to the boil then simmer till stock is soaked into mushroom and they are soft to taste.
if there is a little bit of veg stock left drain out.
take off gass and stair in philly,

you can add to pasta, on top of chicken, add garlic dried onion stuff inside a pice of chicken.

its a low fat option, and is yummy.

Ooo that sounds delish I shall try that! And your right it drags and drags then its there before you know it, I cant believe I'm seeing my surgeon again in 6 days weird lol Xx

It is lovely toni dosnt sound much but once you try it you will have it again,
sound like it wont be to long now for your op take care hun, xxxxx

That does sound delicious! But I love mushrooms a lot lol

Good luck at your next surgeons appointment Toni :D

Back