• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

Hello all how r we? I tired a crumpet last night for tea and ate half, chewed and chewed and felt awful. Was really sick and was bloody so no more crumpets for me. I can't eat anything in the bread line :( never mind.

Hello all how r we? I tired a crumpet last night for tea and ate half, chewed and chewed and felt awful. Was really sick and was bloody so no more crumpets for me. I can't eat anything in the bread line :( never mind.

Funny how we are all different. I can manage a crumpet as long as it is well toasted. They are quite heavy though. I get these little folded flatbreads in Sainsburys that are quite light. You toast them as well but not too much. 97 cals and 2gm fat. One of those with some ham and rocket is enough to stuff me full for lunch.

On the other hand I was sick after eating Ice Cream snickers last night.
No &@£!?x comment. :mad:

Other than that how are you ?

Funny how we are all different. I can manage a crumpet as long as it is well toasted. They are quite heavy though. I get these little folded flatbreads in Sainsburys that are quite light. You toast them as well but not too much. 97 cals and 2gm fat. One of those with some ham and rocket is enough to stuff me full for lunch. On the other hand I was sick after eating Ice Cream snickers last night. No &@£!?x comment. :mad: Other than that how are you ?
Mmmm ice cream snickers bar! Haha yum!
I'm ok running out of things to ware. Had to get my hair cut as it's fulling out really bad :( But feel amazing. Keep forgetting to take my vits tho. I don't no weight as I hardly ever weigh. I will next week as been a month then. It doesn't really bother me. I can eat cracker bread and bread sticks but nothing stodgy. Prob a good thing as I loved thick white bread pre op. Loved it to much I think haha
How r u?

I am fine thanks, slow loser but hey hum, have other things impeding that so, despite the Snickers lol, I am actually sticking to the plan 99% of the time. Its all I can do. Most days calories are between 800-1000. The odd blip either way.

Can't say with all honesty I feel amazing yet, see above reason, but do feel better than when I was piling on weight. There aren't many things I cannot eat but I do best on protein first just as we are advised to. Managed to fit into and wear my Size 16 M&S from last year so that is good. When I regained that weight quickly over the last year a lot if it went on my abdomen and for some reason it isn't coming off there first grrr. Eventually I hope it will.

No regrets. Hope other Junnies will come back and let us know how they are.

Hugx

How r we all? It's very quiet!

It certainly is quiet. Would love for people to let us know how they are.

I am still plodding away, weight coming off slowly but coming off all the same. :) 2 stone 7 lbs on 3 months. :). Juts about to go on holiday, again, and have found clothes from,last year now fitting, all size 16s So cool with that.

How are you?

I am just over 13 weeks now. No major side effects. Still have foamies from time to time. Still cannot eat eggs or chicken. I am bad with bread, pasta and rice but can manage a rich tea biscuit sadly! My BMI has dropped from 41.5 before LRD to 33 now but since my op I've gone from 17 5 to 15 3 so moderate weight loss I guess. I stall for 2 weeks then loss 2-3lbs then stall etc. it's a well trod pattern! Food is less fun which I guess is inevitable at the early days. I have become addicted to sugar free mints as I am still burping after food - classy! Good luck everyone x

Last edited:
Debs i wish i could burp lol.
as soon as i start eating i feel the need to burp, i can feel like i have a huge bubble of wind trying to get up but i just can't get it out !!! Then i have to stop eating as it gets uncomfortable. On a more unpleasant note i then pump all night lol.
I'm losing around 2lb a week, i suppose thats ok but i wish it was a bit more.
I don't dump very often and when i do its on the strangest things, i can't eat beans, yoghurt, can't drink coffee....these all upset my stomach and make me feel a bit strange.

Hello I have a surgeon appt Thursday so will get weighed then. I don't weigh at home. I did fit in size 20 jeans tho :)
Full of cold at the mo. Can we take cold and flu stuff?
X

So I got to the hospital to c my surgeon for a check up and it had been canceled and they had sent the letter to the wrong address. They did weigh me tho and I'm now 111.2kg I went in for surgery weighing 144.7kg. So I'm quite happy :) no quite sure what that is exactly in stones. X

So I got to the hospital to c my surgeon for a check up and it had been canceled and they had sent the letter to the wrong address. They did weigh me tho and I'm now 111.2kg I went in for surgery weighing 144.7kg. So I'm quite happy :) no quite sure what that is exactly in stones. X

Thats 33.5 kilos, 74pounds or FIVE stone 4 pounds Lozer. A fantastic loss in the time, well done. :D

Hi all,been a while since I checked in, everything's going well, have now lost a total of 66.1lb since my lrd :)

Attachments

• image-1309699205.jpg
    image-1309699205.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Well it's been just over 6 months since us June 2015's had our surgery? How's life with you all?
I found Christmas was emotionally tough but manageable.
My sleeve is still letting me know who is boss. I still mess up from time to time. Get foamies and sickness. Find the level of protein hard to reach every day etc.
But I am down from a BMI of over 41 to one of 30 so for the first time in almost 3 decades I am now merely overweight and not obese.
Weird.
Hope you are all doing well ???

How have I only just seen this thread?!

I'm a June 2015 opper too. Almost 10st gone but many more to go!

I find I can eat anything apart from cheese and non-skimmed milk. I suspect I've developed lactose intolerance but living without cheese is worth it :)

I'm still following the rules but did splurge a little over Chrimbo with no ill effects. Carbs are my worst enemy so I'm back on the salmon this week! No more potatoes til my birthday (March)! We've got a big family holiday to the US round my birthday so I'm going to eat whatever I want :)

My outlook on life has totally changed, as has my wardrobe. I was a size 32 and now nearing a comfortable 18. It's a bit disheartening thinking I look slinky in a jumper dress, going to ikea and seeing myself in the mirror section not having changed (in my opinion). But I wear makeup again as I feel it's not a total waste of time anymore!

In 2016 I'm making big changes as I'm leaving my job and moving back to my hometown. I just need the small matter of a new job lol. I feel I won't be laughed out the interview room at my current size. At least I hope not!

So yep. Onwards and downwards! 2016 woop!

Hi Lozer and Niccie. I am here and alive and well! Burping and hiccuping as always and enjoying another super long stall but overall no complaints. How are you both?

Hi Debs, glad your doing well. I'm great thanks, very tiny steps now but that's to be expected :)

Hi....
I'm still here.
Very happy with my loss, no complications really.
What i can and can't eat is very hitty missy, something i'm fine with one day can cause a bit of an upset stomach next time i try it.
I've never really had a bad dumping episode even though i do cheat now and then with a little bit of chocolate. All i get is a hot flush about 15 minutes after eating it.
We're going on holiday to Fortuventura in may and i can't wait, it's been a pleasure buying 12/14 holiday clothes and i'm dying to see how i fit in my seat on the plane.
I've never needed an extender before but its always been a struggle to fasten my belt and i usually spend my time at the airport worrying if its going to fit.
The only thing i have a problem with is even though i know i'm slim now, i can see that when i look in the mirror, i know by the clothes i'm buying, i know that by the weight i've lost but i still feel like the fat lass and i think everyone else still see's the fat lass. It will just take time i suppose to get my head round it.
I still put far too much on my plate at meal times because my head thinks i can eat it then i end up throwing so much away.
My weight loss is slow now, maybe 1 or 2 lbs a week and sometimes nothing but it's still coming off so i'm happy.

Back