• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

I am sadly on far more that 300-400 calories. During liquid phase it was about 700 and now at puree stage it's about 850 or so I guess. I am a bit worried it's that high but I remember pre of it was 3-4 times that amount :)

Now I have moved onto the next stage and can have mashed not pureed I thought I would end up eating less as not so slidey food. That's not really happened. For example, my morning oats you can stand a spoon up in and has proper oat flakes rather than just readybreak. I can still eat a bowl full made with 200ml of ss milk.

Maybe I should just make less. Lol.

How long before your first BM?

I'm sorry for the unpleasant subject but can any of you tell me how long after you were home before you had your first BM?

I went most days in the hospital and for a day or two afterwards, laxative induced I assume, but I haven't had one in 4 or 5 days now. :sigh:

I feel fine and I'm eating roughly 600-800 calories a day. I just want to check that this isn't unusual.

Thanks

Nick

I'm sorry for the unpleasant subject but can any of you tell me how long after you were home before you had your first BM? I went most days in the hospital and for a day or two afterwards, laxative induced I assume, but I haven't had one in 4 or 5 days now. :sigh: I feel fine and I'm eating roughly 600-800 calories a day. I just want to check that this isn't unusual. Thanks Nick

I was the opposite. Did not go at all from op until the day before I came home, so day 4. Was warned that evil stuff they give you to drink for the X-ray would cause diarrhoea so they were right. Longest I went without a bm was about 4 days think that was second week. Then the runs started again. Now I am mostly once a day. But not today. On liquids it was mostly the runs.

Are you drinking enough fluid? if nothing happens by tomorrow I'd advise you take something gentle. Hope you get it sorted.

X

I'm sorry for the unpleasant subject but can any of you tell me how long after you were home before you had your first BM? I went most days in the hospital and for a day or two afterwards, laxative induced I assume, but I haven't had one in 4 or 5 days now. :sigh: I feel fine and I'm eating roughly 600-800 calories a day. I just want to check that this isn't unusual. Thanks Nick

I had a sleeve on 10th June and as yet, have had BM's each day - no change from pre op and thankfully no diarrhoea ( sorry for TMI ! )

I'm sorry for the unpleasant subject but can any of you tell me how long after you were home before you had your first BM?

I went most days in the hospital and for a day or two afterwards, laxative induced I assume, but I haven't had one in 4 or 5 days now. :sigh:

I feel fine and I'm eating roughly 600-800 calories a day. I just want to check that this isn't unusual.

Thanks

Nick

I didn't have one for about a week after and when I did go it was more wind/runs! Lovely! I go about once a week now which I was told is normal. I was also told if u feel fine and aren't bloated/stomach pain ect then not to worry as we are eating next to nothing so not a lot to come out x

Omg bread is not my friend!! I will never touch it again! The pain was horrendous!
3bites went down fine so thought oh this is alright, umm no 30sec later it was stuck and I was in agony! Threw up twice and shifted some but took a further hour for it to move and pain to go! Never again!

Omg bread is not my friend!! I will never touch it again! The pain was horrendous!
3bites went down fine so thought oh this is alright, umm no 30sec later it was stuck and I was in agony! Threw up twice and shifted some but took a further hour for it to move and pain to go! Never again!

Sounds awful Lozer. I have tried a bit if toasted bread and was find but tasteless. I think its one of those foods to avoid if possible but we are on a learning curve. I just brought up mkst of my dinner, not sick just it keeps repeating on me a bit at a time. Thank heaven no pain. Wont be tring bean salad again for a long time. :(

So Junies how are we all hanging ?

2 pounds of this week, happy with that. My 18's are fitting me again. Everything would be hunkydory if I stop stressing about being able to eat too much. So I am reducing it and can relax lol.

Hope you are all OK

Hi Weegie,
Can't believe how the time has flown since our op's
I'm managing to eat most things now, i've always been a slow eater and even slower now but i never feel full until about 30 minutes after i've eaten, sometimes too full which gets very uncomfortable.
My biggest problem is the hot flushes, i asked on here a while ago if anyone else got them but no replys so i guess i'm alone in that, they wake me up maybe 5 or 6 times in the night and i have more during the day, they drain the life out of me so i hope they get better soon. I thought i'd finished with them years ago but aparantly they are quite common in rapid weight loss.
xxxxxx

Hi Weegie, Can't believe how the time has flown since our op's I'm managing to eat most things now, i've always been a slow eater and even slower now but i never feel full until about 30 minutes after i've eaten, sometimes too full which gets very uncomfortable. My biggest problem is the hot flushes, i asked on here a while ago if anyone else got them but no replys so i guess i'm alone in that, they wake me up maybe 5 or 6 times in the night and i have more during the day, they drain the life out of me so i hope they get better soon. I thought i'd finished with them years ago but aparantly they are quite common in rapid weight loss. xxxxxx

I have had a few hot flushes, not bad enough to wake me up but a memory jog back to the menopause which is long behind me now. My weigh loss is slow and steady not what I call rapid lol but I am OK with it so far, I have now cut my calories a big to see if it makes any difference because I could eat a lot so I did. Doh!

Maybe mention it to your GP hun.

How is your weight loss doing ?

Weegie i'm one of those people who weigh myself a million times a day, i've lost 30lbs since op day but still stress over it if i go a day with no change on the scales. Theres been no change for 2 days now and i'm stressing even though i know this is normal.
I suppose i'm not happy unless i've got something to be unhappy about lol.
All in all i am happy really, i'm wearing clothes that i couldn't wear previouslly so thats a good thing. I used to buy things and if they were too small i always thought well i'll keep it because i can slim into it.....and now i have lol.
Some days i'm lucky if i can manage 300 calories but others i can eat a lot more.
I'm getting sick of chicken and veg though. I don't have much imagination with food and theres so much i don't like it's hard.
So many people on here seem to drink protien shakes but we were advised to stay right away from them at Sunderland. So much conflicting advice.
I also only manage about 800-1000 mls water a day as well....need to work on that one.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Weegie i'm one of those people who weigh myself a million times a day, i've lost 30lbs since op day but still stress over it if i go a day with no change on the scales. Theres been no change for 2 days now and i'm stressing even though i know this is normal. I suppose i'm not happy unless i've got something to be unhappy about lol. All in all i am happy really, i'm wearing clothes that i couldn't wear previouslly so thats a good thing. I used to buy things and if they were too small i always thought well i'll keep it because i can slim into it.....and now i have lol. Some days i'm lucky if i can manage 300 calories but others i can eat a lot more. I'm getting sick of chicken and veg though. I don't have much imagination with food and theres so much i don't like it's hard. So many people on here seem to drink protien shakes but we were advised to stay right away from them at Sunderland. So much conflicting advice. I also only manage about 800-1000 mls water a day as well....need to work on that one. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow 30 pounds is amazing, are you 4 weeks post op ? I lost 18 in 5 weeks.

I see you are Sunderland, which bypass did you get ? The RNY or the MGB ?

If I had to drink only water I would struggle too but I manage fine with hot unsweetened fruit tea. Probably 2 litres on a good day. Water tastes all chemically to me now so I only have it to take my meds. I do not have protein shakes, I tried them but struggled, they are so sickly, besides I think we need to eat a new way post op and am not sure I want to rely on shakes for life. Lol.

As for scales, long story but I beat that addiction long ago :) am happy to wait. My first weigh in was at 4 weeks, now I think I will do it week just so I have a record.

Hugx

I'm 5 weeks post op now, It was the RNY i had just the day before your surgery so we are pretty much the same.
I got a letter from sunderland about 18 month ago telling me i'd been discussed at MDT and they thought i would benefit from MGB, then never heard anything else about it for over a year, then in April this year i got a letter saying i'd been discussed at MDT and they recommended the RNY. They gave me my date for June and i didn't like to argue about it in case i got lost for another year so thats what i had.
I think we are about the same weight now as well....although because i have skinny legs and a middle like a barrel i'm still wearing size 22 tops and need size 22 trousers to fit around my waist, then the legs are so baggy lol.
I will have to try drinking something other than water, i used to live on diet coke before the op and i'm really missing the fizzy stuff.
I also loved coffee but i've had nothing but water for 5 weeks now, I can honestly say i had never drank plain water for about 30 years and now i know why !!
xxxxxxxxx

I'm 5 weeks post op now, It was the RNY i had just the day before your surgery so we are pretty much the same. I got a letter from sunderland about 18 month ago telling me i'd been discussed at MDT and they thought i would benefit from MGB, then never heard anything else about it for over a year, then in April this year i got a letter saying i'd been discussed at MDT and they recommended the RNY. They gave me my date for June and i didn't like to argue about it in case i got lost for another year so thats what i had. I think we are about the same weight now as well....although because i have skinny legs and a middle like a barrel i'm still wearing size 22 tops and need size 22 trousers to fit around my waist, then the legs are so baggy lol. I will have to try drinking something other than water, i used to live on diet coke before the op and i'm really missing the fizzy stuff. I also loved coffee but i've had nothing but water for 5 weeks now, I can honestly say i had never drank plain water for about 30 years and now i know why !! xxxxxxxxx

Yes of course, I cant see your stats from the app on my iPad. Still. Its a fantastic loss hun.

Why not try week black tea or fruit tea.. I do think a warm drink goes down easier, for me anyway. And no calories lol. Currently my favourites are Very Berry from Lidl
and Liptons Cranberry and Raspberry.

I wonder why they changed your recommended op. Not that it matters really, a bypass is a bypass :)

Lucky you with skinny legs. Mine are chunky even when I am slim. I have never been happy with them .. my ankles have me in tears sometimes. Lol

X

Eeee Weegie i bet you're gorgeous, I would love my skinny legs if my middle matched them lol.
I do have a problem with swollen ankles sometimes but take diuretics for that, They've been great with me being off work and i'm hoping with the weight loss they won't be so bad when i go back to work.
I will try some of that tea, it sounds nice.
I think i somehow got lost in the system at sunderland and thats how i was discussed at 2 MDT's, i waited 2 1/2 years for my op. I wish i was more of a complainer because the ones who phone all the time seem to get things done quicker.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Eeee Weegie i bet you're gorgeous, I would love my skinny legs if my middle matched them lol. I do have a problem with swollen ankles sometimes but take diuretics for that, They've been great with me being off work and i'm hoping with the weight loss they won't be so bad when i go back to work. I will try some of that tea, it sounds nice. I think i somehow got lost in the system at sunderland and thats how i was discussed at 2 MDT's, i waited 2 1/2 years for my op. I wish i was more of a complainer because the ones who phone all the time seem to get things done quicker. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol @ gorgeous .. No just old and withered lmao. :D

I waited 3 miserable years after being referred, never even got a letter, had to dig deep for my original band op. Them a few weeks later a letter came. Lol my GP said go anyway they have lots of support. They more or less showed me the door cos I self funded and were very abrupt about it too. Had to self fund my revision as well. Thank heaven I have a supportive GP. :)

Somebody will have to keep me in my old age lol

Well if you're old and withered meet your mate lol, I'm 58 now, wish i'd done this years ago.
i worry about loose skin at my age, no elastic left at all lol
I'm sure we'll be fine though xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well if you're old and withered meet your mate lol, I'm 58 now, wish i'd done this years ago. i worry about loose skin at my age, no elastic left at all lol I'm sure we'll be fine though xxxxxxxxxxxx

61 here :)
Re the loose skin, I lost over 9 stone with my band and regained 4 and a half before my revision. Yep some areas were/are bad. Clothes cover the worst bits them we have things li,e spanx for those times we want something fitted.

Husband can take his specs off :8855:

Hi how are all the Junies doing?

I cant believe where the time has gone. I am doing well, weight loss has been slow for the past few weeks but seems to have picked up again this week.
I am not going to lie, I do find it incredibly hard. Meal times are a nightmare! I miss food, I miss the social side of eating a great deal. However, I am loving the results. Nearly 5 stone down since the very beginning and since today 32lb since surgery!

Keep going and good luck!
Jackie
xx

Hi how are all the Junies doing? I cant believe where the time has gone. I am doing well, weight loss has been slow for the past few weeks but seems to have picked up again this week. I am not going to lie, I do find it incredibly hard. Meal times are a nightmare! I miss food, I miss the social side of eating a great deal. However, I am loving the results. Nearly 5 stone down since the very beginning and since today 32lb since surgery! Keep going and good luck! Jackie xx

Well done Jackie.

Same here, slow weight loss, my excuse is my mobility but its frustrating for this to be in my golden 6 months. Nowt to be done I am afraid but carry on. Its a slog. 2 pounds a week is disappointing so soon after my op but it is what it is. Currently on about 650 - 800 cals a day. It has reduced since having a course of anti biotics, for some reason I have more restriction.

Have settled down food wise, I try to vary stuff as much as possible and concentrate on protein. Carbs still feature but most of them come from fruit or the odd baked potato, beans .. Stuff like that not chips and pizza lol. I don't drink alcohol these days anyway so really glad I don't have to factor that in. Even with a bypass you need willpower.

I still have more or less enough smaller clothes to see me through the weight loss given my op was a revision following regain. So thats not too bad, will need new lingerie but I love buying that anyway. The next few months will be a bit of a challenge for me but there is light at the end of the tunnel, or should I say at the end of my hip replacement.

I do hope all you Junnies are progressing well, please Don't be strangers. Would love to see you all posting even if its just to log progress.

Hugs to all x.

Back