• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

I have lost 36 lbs so far, since June 30th. Last week was really hard as I went to the South of France with the family. Meals out were impossible. I took a cool bag with Philadelphia and crispbreads most of the time. Frozen yoghurts were my best friend and I found some low cal ice lollies. I always struggle with my evening meal the most. The hardest thing is not drinking before and after a meal. I agree that it is all very unsocial; I cried a few times. Hopefully the hardwork will all be worth it x Good luck everyone x

I have lost 36 lbs so far, since June 30th. Last week was really hard as I went to the South of France with the family. Meals out were impossible. I took a cool bag with Philadelphia and crispbreads most of the time. Frozen yoghurts were my best friend and I found some low cal ice lollies. I always struggle with my evening meal the most. The hardest thing is not drinking before and after a meal. I agree that it is all very unsocial; I cried a few times. Hopefully the hardwork will all be worth it x Good luck everyone x

Wow, congrats on that loss hun. I was the 10th June fir my bypass and nowhere near that. You must really feel a difference. I think the drinking becomes easier with time, I do hope it didn't ruin your holiday too much. My guidelines are I can drink up to 5 minutes before, so not so strict. Its the waiting after, I always have to watch the clock.

It will all be worth it :)

Ps I forgot which op you had

Hello :)
Sorry for locked out for awhile, rubbish at remembering passwords! Lol

We'll I'm 4.5stone loss since the 1st June. :)

I find drinking enough hard and not drinking with food. I tend to eat the same things. I've had a few experiences with dumping and food getting stuck. Was not pleasant! Lol

Love seeing the weight loss tho and start back at he gym next week.

Hello :)
Sorry for locked out for awhile, rubbish at remembering passwords! Lol

We'll I'm 4.5stone loss since the 1st June. :)

I find drinking enough hard and not drinking with food. I tend to eat the same things. I've had a few experiences with dumping and food getting stuck. Was not pleasant! Lol

Love seeing the weight loss tho and start back at he gym next week.

Wow, well done, amazing weight loss. I had my surgery day after you and have only lost 33 lbs which compared to yours is nothing. Whats your secret ha ha? I am worried that my weight loss is slow :(

Hello :) Sorry for locked out for awhile, rubbish at remembering passwords! Lol We'll I'm 4.5stone loss since the 1st June. :) I find drinking enough hard and not drinking with food. I tend to eat the same things. I've had a few experiences with dumping and food getting stuck. Was not pleasant! Lol Love seeing the weight loss tho and start back at he gym next week.

Oh my four and ha half stone :O that's amazing. Really amazing. How do you feel on it ? Do you still get tired? I think my tiredness is getting worse tbh and my bloods were done at 4 weeks which with hindsight I think was too early. Oh well.

You really have do e great, well done. :)

Wow, well done, amazing weight loss. I had my surgery day after you and have only lost 33 lbs which compared to yours is nothing. Whats your secret ha ha? I am worried that my weight loss is slow :(

I was just under 23st. Your weight loss is really good don't b worried. My consultant said I'm losing above average. I'm sure it will slow down :)

Oh my four and ha half stone :O that's amazing. Really amazing. How do you feel on it ? Do you still get tired? I think my tiredness is getting worse tbh and my bloods were done at 4 weeks which with hindsight I think was too early. Oh well. You really have do e great, well done. :)

I feel really good my back/hip pain is none existent :) my skin on the otherwise is bad already. I am tired but work 3nights a week and have a 4yr old and a 1yr old so it could b just that lol. I've got my 12week bloods on Monday to check my levels. 4weeks! I think that was abit early. X

Hello! My sleeve op was June 10th. As my op was cancelled the night before I did end up on LRD for 6 weeks and went from 18 stone 13lbs to 17 stones 7lbs on day of op. I was in for 1 night only but left hospital (due to fluids) at 18 stone 3lbs which was a shock! Lol.

I followed the rules my team gave me - 4 weeks fluids, then next 4 weeks purée toward mash with food normal at week 8. It's hardly normal now though!

I find eating to quickly occurs 1-2 a week and pain and purging follows. Hopefully my pea brain will catch up and I will master that.

I do find not having a drink with/after my meal is hard. But when I've made a mistake and had a drink - I know exactly why the rule exists!!! Pain and often foamies. Sometimes it's a hour before my sleeve allows me to drink after food. It's a right madam is my sleeve!!!!

Since my op 9.5 weeks ago I've not had huge weigh loss. For 5 weeks nothing has changed in the scales. It seems to be every other week I have a loss. Is a head rollercoaster!

I've had some pity moments when it's been a mix of frustration and annoyance that food still dominates my life. I am hoping that fades. I had the op so food was no longer part d my every minute thought. It still is at the moment. How much protein. How much fat. Set timer for a drink. Measure liquid intake. Etc.

Otherwise I've been lucky. Recovered well post op. Driving after 6 days. Work after 8 and self sufficient (handy as just me and my daughter)

Post op weight loss is very steady and moderate.

I am pleased my BMI is now under 35. It was 41 on the 1st May 2015. I am only class one obese now!

God luck everyone.

Attachments

• image-3768686595.jpg
    image-3768686595.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 20
Debs, I know we are op-buddies but I thought I'd show you this. I changed the start date to op date like yours and stones instead of the pounds I normally use but hey look how close. I was 6 pounds lighter than you on op date.. So we are almost identical losing .4 of a pound a day over the time.

Attachments

• image-1657980160.jpg
    image-1657980160.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 21
Debs, can I add I definitely think our low mood is partly due to our slow loss, its disappointment hun.

Yes, we knew before the op that everyone loses at different rates but deep down we hope we are one of the faster ones. One thing a is fact though, if you stick to the rules you will lose, it is just harder when you are not carried away on the euphoria of the scales rewarding you big time. We will get there hun, and when we do thats going to be one hell of a party :D :flowers:

Hey guys,

Just been reading through some of your posts on slow weight loss. Just remember it's a marathon not a sprint :) it's all about losing the weight and keeping it off. Everyone loses weight at a different pace. I know that because I met a lady at the hospital where I had mine and have stayed in contact we were very similar start weights but our journeys were very different. Just keep following the rules and the weight will come off eventually :) don't worry.

Hope you are all getting on ok in general. It's an exciting but hart journey x

Hey guys, Just been reading through some of your posts on slow weight loss. Just remember it's a marathon not a sprint :) it's all about losing the weight and keeping it off. Everyone loses weight at a different pace. I know that because I met a lady at the hospital where I had mine and have stayed in contact we were very similar start weights but our journeys were very different. Just keep following the rules and the weight will come off eventually :) don't worry. Hope you are all getting on ok in general. It's an exciting but hart journey x

Thank you so much for posting Sophia. You are dead right, its all about losing and keeping it off. You have done fantastically well and look great with it :) it's a head thing, the timescale. We all wanted to wake up from out ops a size 10, or maybe a couple of weeks later. :) was never an option really :)

For me it helps to know I am eating properly, not junk apart for a couple of slips in 9 and a half weeks its all been down the line proper eating. Good protein etc. I log everything on MFP so no hidden stuff. So Yes apart from 2 days in over 50 I have been a blummin saint lol. On those 2 bad days I had 1500 and 1800 cals. Not really deal breakers.

It is definitely a marathon, thank you for the reminder.

Hugs x

Thank you Weegie,
All went well, The surgeon was pleased with my progress but the dietician feels i am losing weight a bit faster than i should, i thought i wasn't losing enough !!
I've lost 40lbs since surgery 11 weeks ago.
She thought i wasn't eating enough and said they recommend 1200 calories a day for by pass patients. She also confirmed that the 30 minute rule for drinking after meals was only for the first 6 weeks and i could sip with meals and drink as soon as i liked afterwards.
I'll be seen again in 3 months time when they'll check bloods etc.
I also get my bloods checked by GP every 6 weeks so feel i'm being well looked after.

Thank you Weegie, All went well, The surgeon was pleased with my progress but the dietician feels i am losing weight a bit faster than i should, i thought i wasn't losing enough !! I've lost 40lbs since surgery 11 weeks ago. She thought i wasn't eating enough and said they recommend 1200 calories a day for by pass patients. She also confirmed that the 30 minute rule for drinking after meals was only for the first 6 weeks and i could sip with meals and drink as soon as i liked afterwards. I'll be seen again in 3 months time when they'll check bloods etc. I also get my bloods checked by GP every 6 weeks so feel i'm being well looked after.

Hi Pauline

Glad everything went well for you, it does seem you are well taken care of. :). Interesting about the drinking, advice I got is different but hey ho they all seem to differ.
Well it is 11 weeks for me today and I have lost a total if 32 lbs. so you are definitely faster than me lol. I average anywhere between 800 and 1000 kcals a day atm,so 1200 sounds a lot. How many were you having, and have you increased that ?

Anyhoo here's my weigh in.

Attachments

• image-2150098427.jpg
    image-2150098427.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi Weegie,
I'm not managing anywhere near 1200 calories, even when i have a little cheat like a milky way or something i still don't make 1200.
I think it's more my snacks she wanted me to concentrate on, i think i'm that busy planning meals and making sure i get my fluid intake i forget to have any yoghurts or anything inbetween.
You get so much advice from different people it gets confusing, i think i'll just stick to what i'm doing as its working and i feel ok.
I've only lost 8lb more than you so its not much, and you're 4 inches taller than me so probably slimmer since we weigh nearly the same lol.
I'm buying size 20 Sometimes need a 22 in clothes, i was a 24 so that feels good.
I'm not back to work yet, my GP thinks i just need to take my time so i'm not arguing there lol.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Weegie, I'm not managing anywhere near 1200 calories, even when i have a little cheat like a milky way or something i still don't make 1200. I think it's more my snacks she wanted me to concentrate on, i think i'm that busy planning meals and making sure i get my fluid intake i forget to have any yoghurts or anything inbetween. You get so much advice from different people it gets confusing, i think i'll just stick to what i'm doing as its working and i feel ok. I've only lost 8lb more than you so its not much, and you're 4 inches taller than me so probably slimmer since we weigh nearly the same lol. I'm buying size 20 Sometimes need a 22 in clothes, i was a 24 so that feels good. I'm not back to work yet, my GP thinks i just need to take my time so i'm not arguing there lol. xxxxxxxxxxx

Snacking is my downfall to be honest, so I have one snack a day in the evening sometimes two. I also do not start eating till near lunchtime and that way I don't get the urge to graze, its all head hunger anyway. It's a habit I guess so its better I feel full at the danger times.. Like evening lol. I would be scared if someone told me to snack more :eek:
I know my loss is slow but not a lot I can do considering I am now pretty inactive waiting whilst for my hip replacement in October. Like you sticking to what works for me. :). You have a very understanding GP. Weirdly I have felt more fatigue these last couple of days, good job I no longer work. :)

Anyhoo well done. :)

Back