• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

Hi Everyone
I am not sure whether this has been started yet so I thought I would get the ball rolling. I am having a Sleeve on 2nd June at Sunderland. I started my LRD diet today which is a week early but it feels the right time to start it. Time is fast approaching and I am so excited. Not scared yet but sure I will be nearer the time. Would love to hear from anyone else due their Op in June.
Jackie
x

Good Luck Jacki.

I'm due on the 9th :) however, I haven't received any confirmation by post yet. I had the diet seminar where they gave me two options for the LSD milk and low carb to be followed for two weeks prior surgery. So now is just wait for the pre-op assessment or something I'm really confused as I havent heard from them yet. But I'm happy to be in the surgery monthly thread! :)

I hope you don't have to wait much longer.
Good Luck!

Hiya everyone, finally got my date today. 13th June, having a sleeve at the Wellington eeekkkk :) :) Only taken me 3 1/2 years to get this far! :) I'm starting my LSD 30th may. Mine consists of 4 tins of ww soup, 4 muller lights & a pint of milk :) Certainly beats the 8 weeks of milk diet I had to do on tier 3!!
Well good luck to everyone, see you all on the losers bench :) :) xxx

Fab news, wont be long at all! Good luck x

Ladies I had my bypass June 2014 and I have to say I have never looked back. It has changed my life in do many positive ways . Good luck on your journey hope it is as life changing for you all as it was for me

Hiya everyone, finally got my date today. 13th June, having a sleeve at the Wellington eeekkkk :) :) Only taken me 3 1/2 years to get this far! :) I'm starting my LSD 30th may. Mine consists of 4 tins of ww soup, 4 muller lights & a pint of milk :) Certainly beats the 8 weeks of milk diet I had to do on tier 3!!
Fantastic news, good luck on the LSD diet.

Mine is at the wellington too :) I heard it's really nice there. I haven't received my LSD choices yet, I think I will be told on my pre op which is on the 21st. I already know that I want to do the milk and yoghurt diet as it seems to be the easiest lol. Will definately be sharing my experience at wellington with you xxx

Day 3 doing the Milk LSD and all of a sudden I am really hungry :( have been ok so far. Think its early night time x
How are you finding the diet? The milk diet is definately the one I want to do as it's not too much hassle. Any advise?
Hope it's going well for you. Xxx

Has anyone started packing their bags yet? I hope to get it all sorted this coming week hopefully :) :)
Also any info of what to take would be more than appreciated (don't want to over pack or take anything that isn't needed).
Xxx

Hiya Jay, im also under the UCLH & having my op done at the Wellington. But i'm under Mr Adamo. I'm just waiting for a phonecall with my date :) I had my pre assessment last week. I had to speak to the dietician about the lsd & then foods after sugery. Then have some bloods taken, an ecg, a lung blow test thing lol, then went on to speak to the nurse about medications, health problems etc
Hope this helps :)
Loool helped alot as i didnt know what to expect so thsnk you. how long did it all take? Sorry what is an ecg? Also did you have to run on the treadmill for the lung blow test? So many questions sorry lol but thank you in advance xxx

Loool helped alot as i didnt know what to expect so thsnk you. how long did it all take? Sorry what is an ecg? Also did you have to run on the treadmill for the lung blow test? So many questions sorry lol but thank you in advance xxx
No problem, I'm sure I'll be asking you questions about the surgery lol lol
Ecu is a heart monitor, you have to strip from the waist up while they stick little monitors on your chest.
No didn't have to go on treadmill, ( think that would have killed me!! Lol) just had to give 3 big blows into a long pipe attached to an ancient looking machine :)
We seem to have done things the opposite way round lol, I had to have my preop before being offered a date, and you obviously had a date before your preop lol
Have you had a long wait in this process?? I've spoken to a couple if people now that have been given a date merely four weeks from the one stop appointment!! And others like me that have waited around 6 months?? Is mad how it varies!! Lol

No problem, I'm sure I'll be asking you questions about the surgery lol lol
Ecu is a heart monitor, you have to strip from the waist up while they stick little monitors on your chest.
No didn't have to go on treadmill, ( think that would have killed me!! Lol) just had to give 3 big blows into a long pipe attached to an ancient looking machine :)
We seem to have done things the opposite way round lol, I had to have my preop before being offered a date, and you obviously had a date before your preop lol
Have you had a long wait in this process?? I've spoken to a couple if people now that have been given a date merely four weeks from the one stop appointment!! And others like me that have waited around 6 months?? Is mad how it varies!! Lol
Lol yeah ill definitely keep you updated. Ohh okay so how long should I expect to stay in the hospital for the pre op? Yes I was under the impression that we would have to run and I started panicking cos my asthma as well. I don't want to give them a reason to not give me the operation?
That actually would've been the case for me as I first was referred to uclh in February and would've had my operation already had I not had a rapid weight gain in the last couple years. Dr Jenkinson wanted to see if I can keep my weight stabilised over 2 months so only then was I given a date etc. He actually sent me to do my pre op on that day but there was no slots available so was rescheduled for the 21st. All in all from February to June, not bad at all so I'm happy :) :)

Lol yeah ill definitely keep you updated. Ohh okay so how long should I expect to stay in the hospital for the pre op? Yes I was under the impression that we would have to run and I started panicking cos my asthma as well. I don't want to give them a reason to not give me the operation?
That actually would've been the case for me as I first was referred to uclh in February and would've had my operation already had I not had a rapid weight gain in the last couple years. Dr Jenkinson wanted to see if I can keep my weight stabilised over 2 months so only then was I given a date etc. He actually sent me to do my pre op on that day but there was no slots available so was rescheduled for the 21st. All in all from February to June, not bad at all so I'm happy :) :)

Hi Jay

Wow that's quick! When in June is your op? I am currently on day 5 of the LSD and I am absolutely fine to be honest, only thing is I am very conscious of my breath ha ha! Loading up on the mouthwash and mouth spray.

Good luck
Jackie

Hi Jay

Wow that's quick! When in June is your op? I am currently on day 5 of the LSD and I am absolutely fine to be honest, only thing is I am very conscious of my breath ha ha! Loading up on the mouthwash and mouth spray.

Good luck
Jackie
Hi jac. Yeah it's very quick in comparison to the lengths others have to go through and I'm very grateful for that. I was initially with St Georges hospital but I had to wait 6 months just for the psych appointment alone, I knew from then that it would've been a long process so I asked to be referred to another hospital.
Lol I literally laughed out loud. I was pre warned about the bad breath, not really looking forward to that lol. X

Hi jac.
Sorry I'm not sure how I missed your question but my op will hopefully be on the 6th June, i just hope it doesn't get cancelled as that seems to happen quite often from what i gather. All of this still feels so surreal to me.
How are you doing with your lsd? I start mine on saturday the 23rd. Have you packed yet?

Hi jac.
Sorry I'm not sure how I missed your question but my op will hopefully be on the 6th June, i just hope it doesn't get cancelled as that seems to happen quite often from what i gather. All of this still feels so surreal to me.
How are you doing with your lsd? I start mine on saturday the 23rd. Have you packed yet?

Hi Jay
LSD is going well, not finding it too difficult! My only worry is that I am not losing much, only lost 3 lbs in the last week. How can you live off milk and not lose weight???
No I still have not packed, I will go shopping the weekend before to get all my stuff in for post op and pack then.
How you feeling? I have my pre op tomorrow so I think it will seem real then :) xx

Hi Jay
LSD is going well, not finding it too difficult! My only worry is that I am not losing much, only lost 3 lbs in the last week. How can you live off milk and not lose weight???
No I still have not packed, I will go shopping the weekend before to get all my stuff in for post op and pack then.
How you feeling? I have my pre op tomorrow so I think it will seem real then :) xx
Yeah I can understand how that would be frustrating but stick with it like flo said and hopefully the scales will catch up with your progress. Maybe increase your fluid intake? How are you with water? Stick with it jac hun and you'll soon see the fruits of your labour. I think you're absolutely amazing for starting it early anyway and out of your own accord.
My pre op is the day after so be sure to fill me in and let me know how it goes. I start my LSD on Saturday, is it weird to say I'm kinda looking forward to it :) maybe because it's a step closer lol. X

Stick with it, I'm day 15 and 14lbs down, 6 more days and it's time to meet Bertie band x
Hi flo.
15 lb in 14 days?!?!? Well done, that is absolutely amazing! Are you on the milk diet or the low calorie one? I could do with 15 lb loss myself, let's hope I get a big loss too during my LSD and of course post op.
6 days is not far at all, how you feeling?

Back