• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just got home nightmate o/t

CHUCKY

hi all i have just got home 20 hours after leaving work yesterday due to snow.
I was stuck for hours and only because my sister directed me the back way i managed to get to her house and spent the night there Work in Basingstoke i expect you all saw it on tv?
I am home now and am not at work today.
So good to be home.
Stay safe and warm everyone x

It was vile wasnt it - you poor thing. I left work at 3.45 and a normally 20 min journey took two hours with the car doing Torvill and Dean impersonations up hills and on the straight. Back at work today and the roads are fine - the pavements are rubbish. The councils knew this was coming, why didnt they grit the roads - someone answer me that!?

Good to hear you made it home safely Julie:grouphugg:

Love Mini xxx

Glad you're home safe...!
I left work at 4:30 yesterday and got indoors at 8:45. Most of that time was spent standing outside the station in the freezing cold, being pelted with freezing snowballs by a group of yobs (one hit me full face and I think it's bent my glass frames... I just paid £360 for them !), waiting for my hubby to pick me up... it took him 3 hours to drive 6 miles :( He didn't have his mobile on him and I was getting frantic with worry ! I nearly cried when I saw him ! We eventually had to leave the car on the main road and walk the last part. Everything iced up overnight and there was no way I was going anywhere today so I'm enjoying an unplanned day at home :)

Rose

Was stuck on a main rd yesterday for 2 hours and didnt see 1 gritter!!!

It was vile wasnt it - you poor thing. I left work at 3.45 and a normally 20 min journey took two hours with the car doing Torvill and Dean impersonations up hills and on the straight. Back at work today and the roads are fine - the pavements are rubbish. The councils knew this was coming, why didnt they grit the roads - someone answer me that!?

Glad you got back safe and sound, we too got stuck out in it last night, what should have been a 7 minute journey took 2 hrs arghhhh!! All for a blinking cheesecake my mum asked me to get from M&S. :rolleyes:

Cuppa xx

hi all i have just got home 20 hours after leaving work yesterday due to snow.
I was stuck for hours and only because my sister directed me the back way i managed to get to her house and spent the night there Work in Basingstoke i expect you all saw it on tv?
I am home now and am not at work today.
So good to be home.
Stay safe and warm everyone x

glad u got home safe and sound

All the best & merry christmas - MeJulie x

Back