• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just spoke to dietician 1st time

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
My dietician had left a message to call him..called him he wasnt in. Well i called him today and told him had no restriction had lost no weight blah blah well he didnt seem suprised.
I had 2ml in 2 weeks ago and 3ml in at time of op.
I see him a week on friday and he is going to try and get another xray fill asap

so will let you all know how i get on x
hope everyones doing well x

a girl who had op same day as me she had bypass has lost 2 stone 8lb, me urm 9lb i think !!! thats in 6 weeks !!!!

You will get there , i dont know too much about bands but iv heard the term "sweet spot" sure when you get that the weight will drop faster x

Please stop comparing yourself to other people!!!
She has had an entirely different operation to you so the weight is bound to come off at a different rate.

It sounds like you need another fill to get your weight loss moving more quickly, it took me 3 fills to get to a good level of restriction.

Also, dont forget, you are 9lbs lighter than you were before the operation which is something to be happy about.

Can you start exercising more yet? Or do you still feel tender? Maybe increasing your protein, and reducing your carbs and upping the exercise will get a couple of lbs of before you go for your next fill?

Be patient, you will get there.

You will get there. I didn't have anything in my band for almost 7 weeks. I still only have 5ml in a 10ml band and have some restriction but not so much that I can't eat a reasonable sized main course - not huge but a good childs+ size. Try to be patient - it's not a race it's a way of life.............

I have nothing productive to say as I think we are at a similar stage but I am thinking of you, and mandie when I get down and hope that we can all be thin together one day! x

Can I ask why you went for the band as opposed to the bypass?

You have mentioned and compared yourself to the bypass lady before. You shouldn't do it.

Hi sorry I shoudl have answered this ages ago
I went for a band because

I dont eat chocolate or sweet food i.e cakes
I am more a big plate of roast dinner person or a mixed grill.
I wanted to still be able to eat quite normal but much less qty.
I also felt that it was too big an operation the bypass and very final
Now almost 5 montsh post op I am slightly concerned that I should have had teh bypass as I am now finding that bacuse I cant eat bread etc.. I could quite easily have a piece of chocolate (stupid I know)

I sometimes feel I should have had a bypass as well, but realy both ops have their own difficulties. When you get more restriction /the right level you will feel a lot more confident about it all I'm sure.
I took a whole year of fills to get it right and my band is practically full, everyone is different about when they get it right and when the weight starts to go properly.
Make sure you aren't having too much sauce/gravy etc as the drier the food the fuller you get on smaller portions.
Eat meat then veg then carbs at a meal...those two things are what come to mind looking at your list.
Main thing is try not to compare as others have said. That's probably only ever going to depress you...specially as the bypassers have the rapid initial weight loss compared to banders...this is very general though, if you read both bypassers and banders posts on here you can see how some are faster or slower than the norm and then there are life long compromises to make etc. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. x

I have not had either Op. yet, but I can understand your concern, but like everyone says it seems like you have to be patient.

Here is a scenario which has nothing to do with WLS but it is true. My husband, daughter and I go on a all inclusive holiday. We all eat and drink more or less the same amount, and I do more exercise than them. When we get home the skinny two (Hubbie and daughter) put on about 4lbs and I put on 9lbs........ why cause as they say we are all different and I must say it really does pee me off, :break_diet:so I understand where you are coming from.

Chin up 9lbs is fab.

Back