• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

KARLOS - update post #328

Karlos said:
It's not too bad Sam, I feel a little yuckie the day after they put it in but it's not too bad and I haven't had to take any time off work with it. As to whether it's working or not well we will get an idea in three weeks when I have my next scan. Thanks hun xxx

My thoughts are with you :)

Xx

keep smiling Karlos. your an inspiration to us all. take care xxx

It's not too bad Sam, I feel a little yuckie the day after they put it in but it's not too bad and I haven't had to take any time off work with it. As to whether it's working or not well we will get an idea in three weeks when I have my next scan. Thanks hun xxx

Good luck with that Karlos, we will all be hoping and praying that it does. xx

Good luck Karlos, keep strong, we are all here for you, Karen x

Just wanted to say,as a newbie, that i have been looking at a few of Karl's posts and couldn't believe how well he has done since his WLS.
Then i read this post and couldn't believe it,so although i only joined last night,i would also like to send my very best wishes to him and his loved ones.

Andy

1420-06-26-2011.gif

Hi Karl, i hope your as ok as you possibly can be, hows this week been for you ? hope its been ok. Thinking of you x

Liz x

Hope you're doing okay mate....You're a true inspiration,especially to me as a newbie.
I only look at your pictures and it gives me real hope that i can get to my dreams.

Take Care mate....we're all thinking of you

Andy

:) Hi Karlos how is it going mate???? Hope you are feeling ok and not to yucky , love to you and your family, best wishes smiler :D xxxxx

Karl where r ya hun, u ok ? x

He's around, I had a pm from him yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi Karlos ... also a relative newbie ... never having had the benefit of all your support and friendship. However you are evidently a really valued and much loved friend to many on this forum, and I just want to wish you much love and hugs ... to someone who is not a stranger ... but a friend I haven't had the opportunity to meet.

Take care ... because evidently you are cared about greatly!!!!

How are you Karl?

I'm OK thanks you two.

A recent scan showed that the overall length of the tumours had shrunk by 10% to 9cm and there were no new ones so the hospital were pleased. They did say at the start that they might be able to control the cancer for up to nine months, and up to now I'm on track.

Val and I went to our local town hall today to see about booking our wedding for January or February next year to make sure Val gets full access to my death in service pension. I reckon after 37 years with me she deserves at least to get a good payout when I'm gone. I made her promise not to wait as long for her second wedding LOL. I want her to have a new life after mine ends, not mopes around for the rest of her natural. She's a great looking woman with a brilliant personality and I'd hate the thought of all that she has to give going to waste just because I didn't make it.

Back to hospital tomorrow for chemotherapy and though it doesn't hurt or anything the thought of it all is making me feel nauseous, I can now really understand why people decide to give up the treatment and just live out what time they have left. I'll never give up but it gets harder each week to face it.

Thanks once again you two and everyone else who has sent kind messages, you make it easier to get through this time.

Back